• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig 226 Tac Ops impulse buy

Helidriver

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Ok well I finally broke my Glock habit. I admit that I went to my LGS to buy a Sig Mosquito for my daughter. I ended up walking out with the Mosquito and a 226 Tach Ops. I'm not one for impulse buys buy damn I could not resist this thing.

My Glocks have served me well for many years but after pressure from my buddies I caved.

There are tons of reviews on this gun. Some good some bad. Can anyone weigh in with their opinion?

Re: Sig 226 Tac Ops impulse buy

I fired a few and have had no problems, I think they some trouble with the earlier ones but no problems from personal experiance.

I have the blackwater version (same thing) in 9mm

I love the gun. I have the front sight come out once. Truglow fixed it for free.

I have a blackwater version as well, and it is awesome. Easy soft shooting, excellent quick sights. The extra mags in a package deal already make them worth more than their price.

226 is a awesome gun, i have more rounds though 226's then all other guns i've ever shot combined.. absolutely awesome combat pistol

The 226 is great and virtually 100% reliable. The Mosquito however is not. I do not have a Mosquito but I listen to people complain about it all the time. It doesn't take all ammo and often jams.

I had a P226 in .40 S&W years ago. It was a thing of beauty (chromed with a mercury-filled recoil suppressing guide), but just big enough that it was inconvenient for concealed carry. Personally, I prefer the 229s, but if both pieces were going to stay in-house, I might have gotten a conversion kit instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunbramericano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 226 is great and virtually 100% reliable. . </div></div>

That about sums it up right there. It goes bang, and bang again....and again...ad nauseum.

My old German gun is hella accurate with 124gr +P Speer GD as well.

I haven't kept up with all the new shit Sig has put out but if it has the SRT system, you are going to DIG the short and crisp trigger reset. They should have made that standard years ago. I dropped those parts into mine like 4 or 5 years ago. Good shit.

I shot a buddies blackwater at a pistol class a couple of years back. It was an absolute dream to shoot. I've wanted a tacops since the blackwater went away but it seems like the purchase keeps getting place on the back burner.

The Sig Tac Ops in 9mm is exactly what i used my Snipers Hide Cup gift cert from Bluegrass Tactical Supply for. I love me some Sig 226's...

Bill

I did the same thing saw it and bought it. I have absolutely no regrets as it has been as faithful as an old coon dog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
If you plan on keeping it awhile; I wouldn't suggest +P or +P+.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
If you plan on keeping it awhile; I wouldn't suggest +P or +P+. </div></div>

I don't. Carry ammo only. I replaced my breech block roll pins awhile back as well.

Shot a buddies the other day ago. I think the recoil and flip in 9mm coming out of a 226 is much tamer than a glock. Then again I can't stand glocks.

My 226 is an old skool one from Herndon, VT. It is my favorite pistol. I strap it outside of my waders and it is submersed on and off all day. People freak when I come out of the river with water pouring out of my pistol. It has snow camped with me etc. The slide is pitted. I think it adds character. I did replace the recoil spring with an improved design. It real reduced recoil and the follow-up shots are quicker.

I love Sig pistols.

dude, +p is nothing for a 226, its fine
sigs are about all i shoot
+1 on the SRT

the tacops has many good features i really like the green front sight very visible and the night sights on it are nice to and with 4 mags and a good trigger there worth the extra money!

Love mine but it may never be shot again as I just got a NH GRP and it will be take back seat. You will love it. I have 9 mags for mine. I can get a lot of shooting done before I have to reload. Lol

So far I love the gun except for the grips. I can feel the back of the grips flex when I shoot. I might have to swap them out for something else. I bought some Mec-Gar mags for it. They look like they are much higher quality then the factory mags.