• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig 320, at what point is this a problem?

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I have shot Glocks forever, I have a Gen3 34 and a Gen 5 34 that I use for 3 Gun and for some USPSA (Production and Carry Optic). I have seen more and more Sig 320s, especially in Carry Optic so I picked one up and here is my question.

I have 250 rounds through the pistol. I have shot Speer 147, Hornady 124s and Federal 124s. In the 250 rounds I have 18 failures to feed/eject. I have used multiple magazines (six) and it still happens. Is this a common problem with the 320? Is there some kind of break in period I am not aware of? Do I need to use a hotter ammo to get it to function properly?

I have one of the early first run P320s and never had even one hiccup. This is years of shooting it a lot.

EDIT to add: This is a wide variety of ammo and only Sig mags

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
Maybe your brand new p320 has a bad extractor or something else is out of spec. It happens. Call Sig CS and send it in. Sig CS is pretty good.

I've seen at least a couple new pistols from every major maker fail because nothing is perfect.

Reactions: Simonsza1
A thought- could it be you're touching the slide lock during cycling and you don't realize it? Using a Glock style thumbs forward shooting grip technique on a p320, without adjusting for the different ergos, can cause the issues you report.

Last edited:
My gun works. Does not mean yours is not broken.

18/250 is a 7% failure rate. Put another way... The standard magazine for the Sig 320 holds 17 rounds. 250 rounds equates to just shy of 15 magazines. 18 failures in 15 magazines is more than one per mag. Would you expect or accept that level of reliability? Yeah, me either.

Call up Sig, get it sent back to them and most likely the problem will be resolved.

I had two, a p320 and p320 x something. One shot 2-3ft low and the other was good all around but not outstanding. The defective one was fixed by sig and the other I sold and bought a Glock 19 with night sights.

Honestly I do not put them in the same class as the older sigs ala p226, 228 etc.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I had a sample of 7 total P320’s and while I didn’t put thousands of rounds through them they pretty much all got 300-500 rounds through them and were 100% reliable with a mix of 115gr FMJ (fiocchi, CCI/Speer) and 124 and 147 HST.

My issues were mags rusting and then Sig being dicks about 4x 17rd mags that would barely hold 16 rounds (you couldn’t even insert them with the slide home) even after leaving them loaded and cycling them a bunch of times.

Reactions: BCP
I have a x5 legion and an Agency build with a comp I put together. Neither have had a hiccup of any kind. Haven't cleaned the Agency in like 800 rounds.

I've used blazer, ae, pmc, etc tested some hst, underwood speer gold dots, underwood Lehigh rounds and black hills honey badger. All functioned.

I have 3 legion mags and five 21 rounders. No issues.

I'd definitely be sending that thing back.

Thanks everyone, I contacted Sig yesterday and I am sending the gun and mags in to their customer service. When I get it back, I will update with what they fixed.
As an update, the pistol came back to my FFL. Sig was responsive and the paperwork said that they replaced the extractor and tested it before sending back. Sig CS was easy to work with, I will shoot it this weekend.

Reactions: Makinchips208