• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig cross barrel and chamber swapping questions

6.5guys2

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Tn
Hey guys and gals I just got a sig cross in 6.5 creedmoor from a friend he never really shot it because he just didn’t like the 18in barrel but I was wandering about getting a barrel in 22 creed or 6dasher only thing I have found is from straight jacket armory but they r way behind and I was just wandering if anyone eles had done any barrel swaps and wat kinda luck they were having with the round you chose feeding and etc thanks in advance

We have done multiple barrel swaps on the Cross. All are carbon fiber. We usually build 6 Creedmoor our 6.5 Creedmoor. Any caliber that is compatible with a short action standard bolt face we will do and any length.
There have not been any feeding issues. Every one is lighter than the original. They are also very accurate.

Hey guys and gals I just got a sig cross in 6.5 creedmoor from a friend he never really shot it because he just didn’t like the 18in barrel but I was wandering about getting a barrel in 22 creed or 6dasher only thing I have found is from straight jacket armory but they r way behind and I was just wandering if anyone eles had done any barrel swaps and wat kinda luck they were having with the round you chose feeding and etc thanks in advance

Same here, we've done a few hundred at this point. everything from 8.6BLK to 22-250's, 6mm's, you name it. Only do carbon ones currently.

Reactions: chasseur tactique
What caliber would be ideal for hunting moose more powerful than the 308 Winchester for the SIG Cross???

338 Federal... its a rad round and a personal favorite now. We have an 18" one and it's the ultimate backcountry rig as far as im concerned. plenty of energy for anything you could want to hunt in North America, out to 400-500 yards or so.

Last edited:
But are these aftermarket barrels have their own barrel extension, or do you still have to use the factory extension? If I could get additional barrel extensions, i'd place orders for 338 federal and 6 creed today.

As of right now, there are no extra barrel extensions and no one is making them in the aftermarket world. I know Schnee's was working on it but I don't think they've found a solution or gotten any extra from Sig. Schnees had CarbonSix make their barrels and they're solid barrels. I went from the 16" 308 barrel to the 20" Schnees and it's definitely half MOA or even better (better than me in other words). Definitely more accurate right out of the box than the Sig barrel ever was plus more velocity and the same weight.

I ended up with a Schnee’s in 7mm-08 and it’s great.

But my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel actually shot lights out. In fact it was my only 6.5 cm that shot everything I fed well, regardless for grains. I’d like to go back and forth between the two.

I put my 6.5 back on and now but shoots terrible, but that might be because I sheared off the barrel index pin torquing the barrel nut.

I bought another factory barrel assembly.

Proof has extensions. They come with barrels. All kidding aside, I believe they are the only ones that are producing the extensions outside of Sig at this time.