• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG Hunter Games 2021, HollyWood Celebrities??

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
SIG Hunter Games 2021 looks interesting but they mention "celebrities" will be participating

I think we need to comment: NO HollyWood Celebrities Please
Hollywood does NOT have the community's interests at heart

I guess shooting a Cross in competition must be challenging.

Sig is probably going to level the playing field with some good old “you can’t bring anyone’s guns but ours” bullshit.

Hated the cross. Have a Rattler I love.

LOL unlike any other match that's been seen before....Jesus Christ dude did you just go there?

Well, let's see I'm pretty sure there's been matches where you have to walk a distance to get to your firing point whilst carrying all of your shit. Ooooo and then you have to find, range, and engage your targets...oh my well it's a good thing the max range is less than 500 yards and they're big fucking yellow animal shaped targets. I'm also pretty certain they've had rifle matches before where the rifles, optics, and ammunition were provided in order to "level" the playing field.

"A 1,000 yard shoot off where the competitor will have to challenge themselves out to a distance that many have never even tried to shoot at before" Yup, neva been dun befo....

Dear Sig,

Go suck somebody's dick that cares.

Last edited:
also, you are shooting at targets from 60-450yds with a 6.5...and they are providing rangefinders...and you have a full day to learn the rifle...i thought this was supposed to be a "challenge"??...

it sounds like the hardest part is lugging all this shit around all day

fuck, i say give them a rifle in .223....a mil-dot reticle.....and a pair of binoculars........and bump the targets out to 700......and they have to shoot it cold, let them zero on the clock.

I'm thinkin "Celebrity Hunters" is different than "Hollywood Celebrities"... It'll probably be folks from the Outdoor channel or Sportsmans channel... Maybe I'm way wrong.

Possibly, I hope Keith Warren goes

1621999621096.png

• Love
Reactions: skinney_7
Just a big old photo op for all of Sig's products. With any luck it will generate some interest in the field type matches. Queen Mountain Ranch is an awesome venue so it does have that going for it.

also, you are shooting at targets from 60-450yds with a 6.5...and they are providing rangefinders...and you have a full day to learn the rifle...i thought this was supposed to be a "challenge"??...

it sounds like the hardest part is lugging all this shit around all day

fuck, i say give them a rifle in .223....a mil-dot reticle.....and a pair of binoculars........and bump the targets out to 700......and they have to shoot it cold, let them zero on the clock.

Lets forget about "never been done before" and just run back to "hasnt been done in about 120 years". Everyone shoots a falling or rolling block in either 38-55, 32-40 or 45-70 with Winchester tube sight or ladder sights. No "free-recoil", and have to retain all spent brass, no dropping it. That would probably separate the men from the 6.5 creedmoor geldings.

Reactions: MCSO1357
I think it is supposed to simulate hunting, hence the 500 yard max. Its just an advertisement for some of sigs stuff for hunting. Most people think sig=pistol. They are marketing the cross.

i held a cross the other day, so did my buddy, separately. We both liked it. We are also into short barrels. I have no idea how one shoots and i doubt its better than my custom tikka, but it is prob lighter, by a little. Id take one in a 6.5prc and 20” proof barrel, bug they dont make that and I couldn’t find brass if they did. So that counts me out. If i was looking for a short/light 6.5cm i would buy a cross. I had a fix and it had some aspects I didn’t like, so it got sold.

As far a celebrities, that part doesn’t bother me as long as they are not commies, after all, its just to get new or young shooters or people stuck in 1970’s hardware time loop, to get interested in their products. I fail to see the reason for the angst.