• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG Kilo 3000BDX black edition? UPDATE

Yes, I use the universal stud with short mount
Is there any downside to running the tall mount? Seems like if down the road I wanted to use them with 15x56's etc. as long as there's no issue using the tall mount with the 3000's that would be the better option.

Is there any downside to running the tall mount? Seems like if down the road I wanted to use them with 15x56's etc. as long as there's no issue using the tall mount with the 3000's that would be the better option.
Only downside is it won't fit in the case. You would have to remove it every time.

With the short mount, you can leave it attached to your binos and tripod [arca] mount and it will still fit in the case.

If this isn't an issue, then I would go with the tall mount to accommodate the 56s.

If you have spinning diopters or out of level reticles send them back to Sig. The diopters on every pair we have sold to customers has Been tight as can be and would NEVER move just while they are sitting in the case. Also, if your eyes are very far apart the reticle will appear out of level, it isn't out of level, your face is haha. No seriously, if your eyes are far apart try closing the Binos closer to full fold and I assure you the reticle should be level at that point. Hopefully that is still comfy for great viewing. These are not some gimmick and carry the same warranty as any other Sig. Not some shortened warranty. Maybe due to Corona virus they ran out of green rubber haha but these carry the same warranty, same glass, same laser as the green pair. Originally these were just supposed to be binocular only, our wholesaler told them that doesn't work, it needs to come with straps and a case. Sig agreed and put the package together. These do not come with the terrible eye cups that Sig does but that's a blessing 😂

Last edited:
Sounds like these Chinese made Sig3000's have a huge sample variation problem to me. Numerous reports of loose diopters, out of alignment on reticle (including my sample which had both of these). Also, I don't see how anyone can claim that "glass is great". It's the same as the Nikon Laserforce and Vortex Fury, all of which I would classify as "decent, or adequate" like a Viper HD, and no better than that. There's going to have to be lots of improvement before I own another pair personally.
To be honest you must only look at the crappy reviews. I will tell you this right now, it is 1000% easier to get someone to write a review if they got a bad anything, than it is to get them to write a good one. The diopters on every pair we have sold are almost hard to move. The reticle thing is not out of level, since the Binos use both eyes as you spread the Binos more open it makes the reticle off kilt if your eyes are further apart. You wouldn't notice this on a typical range finder because your hand would naturally put the monocular to level for your view. And more than likely the monocular itself would be out of level in your hand.

To be honest you must only look at the crappy reviews. I will tell you this right now, it is 1000% easier to get someone to write a review if they got a bad anything, than it is to get them to write a good one. The diopters on every pair we have sold are almost hard to move. The reticle thing is not out of level, since the Binos use both eyes as you spread the Binos more open it makes the reticle off kilt if your eyes are further apart. You wouldn't notice this on a typical range finder because your hand would naturally put the monocular to level for your view. And more than likely the monocular itself would be out of level in your hand.

That's all well and good, but I bought one and used it for about a week. It had floating diopter issues and a misaligned laser/reticle problem. I never said it was "out of level", I said mine (actual laser point of aim) wasn't even in the circle reticle at all. It was at 6:30 outside the circle. There is a sample variation problem with this Sig3000, just like there is with most Chinese made binoculars. Quality isn't near as consistent as Japanese and Euro (obviously) binoculars.

Send to sig. You'll be taken well care of. I do agree that Japanese and euro binos may have better QC, but those are multiple hundred to thousands more.

Last edited:
Just got mine the diopters are very tight the eye relief adjustment has clicks. As mentioned the glass is not spectacular but not bad the reticle was dead nuts on. Came with a neck strap and case.

These while I will admit are not alpha glass, they are worth every penny of up to 900.00. The glass is far clear enough to observe game and judge inside 500 yards and to have a great range finder inside them with BDX that gives you your mil or moa right on the screen while observing is tough to beat. Can’t imagine carrying binos and a range finder when these would do you a great job. Especially on an archery hunt or just glassing a hillside and wanting to know how far something is. Just last evening was observing some deer at 230 yards. Could see every tine on the Muley 3x3 clear as day and ranged him at the same time and got my ballistics and windage all at once. Can’t see how anyone could not see the value these provide for the price paid.

Last I’ll say about them but don’t give people bad info. These are excellent for the price and anyone, if in the market for its features, would be a fool to not buy at 800.00. At full msrp, maybe a different story but man 800.00 buys you next to nothing in optics in this day and age, and these are excellent optics for the money. They sit right between the Zulu7 and 5 in optical clarity but aren’t a 6 as those are stabilized but the only reason they aren’t as good as the zulu7 is due to the film in the right eye for the laser.

Last I’ll say about them but don’t give people bad info. These are excellent for the price and anyone, if in the market for its features, would be a fool to not buy at 800.00. At full msrp, maybe a different story but man 800.00 buys you next to nothing in optics in this day and age, and these are excellent optics for the money. They sit right between the Zulu7 and 5 in optical clarity but aren’t a 6 as those are stabilized but the only reason they aren’t as good as the zulu7 is due to the film in the right eye for the laser.
Well said. I agree. Especially about reviews.
Mine are awesome. So are the ones all the other people own...with a few exceptions. If yours are not, send em back. Stop whining.

Have a set now a little while, no spinning diopters, carried in a kuiu case, lrf is fairly centered in the circls, onboard ballistics is fairly close to my kestrel, glass aint leica zeiss or swaro but for the packahe price its hard to beat

Which size?
42mm OG M 37347507-0825-4EE9-9022-6456F79579C6.png

Reactions: NiteQwill
Nope, I sent them a email on my order the other day and waiting for a response. I'm actually considering cancelling it, placed my order on the 17th, card charged on the 19th, still no word from them. Lot of these small sites are saying it can take up to 2 weeks to process orders so it could just be delayed. I suspect many of these little shops are just using larger distributors and they might be way backed up. I also think package theft both internal and external is only getting worse. Slow shipping can be the risk you take when you are hunting the cheapest prices from these small shops.

Last edited:
Looks like others are having the same issue with them.

The reviews on their facebook page are not good, others having the same issue, someone there mentioned that their FTB is listed as Suspended in CA on the CA Secretary of State site which means they can't even legally do business from my understanding.

Phone # on facebook - (949) 516-5087 goes to Verizon but says it can't be completed as dialed.

I'd say it's time to dispute the charge on the card. They must be getting the message, they already issued a refund and order cancellation saying the item is out of stock and it seems others have started getting some emails that the items are out of stock.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a pair please let me know. I will do them 830.00 shipped to your door. Take me a few days to get in but will turn them around quickly to you. DM me if you want.

I see Osage County is doing these for $749.99 right now, other vendors have started reducing the prices of the OD versions as well, not quite as low, but in the 800's. Wouldn't be surprised to see an updated version out of Sig this spring. That said it might take them a year or more to get a new version to market too, kinda like the Sierra6 BDX scopes that are still vaporware after being introduced a year ago. Optics Planet is allowing backorders but is still estimating 5-7 months before they ship.

Are the legit? Going to order another pair
Yes, they are very active on Reddit and on other forums. Veteran owned and supported.
I seen people had problems with them did you?
Armageddon Gear, the same people that make the Gamechanger? If so, unlikely. Armageddon Gear is about as good as you can get as far as products and support.

Armageddon Gear, the same people that make the Gamechanger? If so, unlikely. Armageddon Gear is about as good as you can get as far as products and support.

Nope very different companies.

I read a lot of guys are saying that the glass wasn't too good I got my parent have played with him we have a pair of Nikon HG made in Japan Vortex Viper HD and I was saying the Sig is on the level of the Nikon HG which compares to the vortex Razor HD and I also have a pair of track HD they're all right in there about the same to our eyes

Some people are very glass sensitive, in that if the optic isn't as good as Swarovski/Zeiss/Leica's top offerings they immediately consider it junk, and their battle cry is "Buy once Cry Once" which seems to be the excuse of every most expensive product defender out there, and it has its place, but that doesn't mean there are not really good optical compromises that cost half as much or less.

What I will say is that there used to be this idea that top glass will always be top glass, and it's simply not true, it will probably always be really good glass, but not top. I compared my early 8.5x42 EL binos to some of the latest and greatest and there is noticeable differences, even to swaro's flagship binos now. The moral of the story is even glass will always be improving, and if you want the absolute best, you are still going to be replacing what you buy after a few years, no matter how expensive it is.

Just got mine and paired with the BDX app - no problem ranging different objects out to 1500 or so - great to see holdover and wind for my custom load displayed in the reticle - and definitely worth the 800 simoleons. Mine came with all the stuff and have no issue with glass or loose diopters. Bought from Dack Outdoors for <800, but they took 3 wks to arrive, so keep in mind if you need them faster.

Yes love mine have ranged a deer at 1738. I find the glass very good. Ive been around swaro binos and spotters and for money not for me haha not sure why people complain. I say glass is on par with razor glass

We just ordered another pair and came in but there is something in the glass like dust or it is cracked. They range great but going to have to send them back hopefully its a fast easy process.

I’ll second my glass being very good. Nice edge to edge clarity. Performed well in early morning with fog and late evening. Everything feels quality and knobs are firm.
I initially thought my exact ranging was near center of the circle ⭕️ but have narrowed it down after spending a lot of time behind them with known distances and another range finder. My exact spot is the 6 o’clock position of the inside of the circle and not true center. Doesn’t matter as it’s consistent.

Finally tried these out today at distance - was able to range out to 2K on brown mountains with some dead grass and small shrubs.

BDX app only gave elevation and windage out to 800 yds, which I seem to remember reading about earlier.

Is there another app that will pair easily, and display elevation and windage out to as far as it will range?

Finally tried these out today at distance - was able to range out to 2K on brown mountains with some dead grass and small shrubs.

BDX app only gave elevation and windage out to 800 yds, which I seem to remember reading about earlier.

Is there another app that will pair easily, and display elevation and windage out to as far as it will range?
A Kestrel.

^Looking for software only so I don't need to carry yet another electronic device - already hate that I need to turn the GPS in my phone on, in order to switch profiles in the Bino. And that the profiles can't simply be stored in the Bino. They easily could, but Sig prefers to harvest and sell your data.

^Looking for software only so I don't need to carry yet another electronic device - already hate that I need to turn the GPS in my phone on, in order to switch profiles in the Bino. And that the profiles can't simply be stored in the Bino. They easily could, but Sig prefers to harvest and sell your data.
It's not possible then. Sig limits the capability of their software. So unless you switch to a Kestrel, you're stuck at 800.

Are these still basically the only option for LRF Binoculars in the under $1000 range or would I be better off going with the Vortex Fury AB's or Leica HDR 2700's?
As much as I loved my Sig Kilo 3000s if I were going to spend 1k I would add a little more and go for the Vortex Fury AB 5000s, but that's just me!

Got rid of a terrapin x and got the sigs instead. Pleasantly surprised, glass is ok, ranges great, links perfectly to my kestrel amd the onboard ab to 800 works out pretty good hunting. Under a grand they are hard to beat, not sure the price of the vortex ab models but we are getting up there in price. Would love the leica 3200 but beyond my price range
Whats your intended use?

Got rid of a terrapin x and got the sigs instead. Pleasantly surprised, glass is ok, ranges great, links perfectly to my kestrel amd the onboard ab to 800 works out pretty good hunting. Under a grand they are hard to beat, not sure the price of the vortex ab models but we are getting up there in price. Would love the leica 3200 but beyond my price range
Whats your intended use?

Curious as to why you ditched the Terrapin X.

Whats your intended use?
Always shocks me when someone says “the glass is ok”. I think the glass is very good. It’s not great or excellent but “ok” sounds like garbage. I realize everyone’s view is different. This is just my opinion, but also that of others that have expressed the same sentiment. Seems to be a lot of variation of opinions is all.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Always shocks me when someone says “the glass is ok”. I think the glass is very good. It’s not great or excellent but “ok” sounds like garbage. I realize everyone’s view is different. This is just my opinion, but also that of others that have expressed the same sentiment. Seems to be a lot of variation of opinions is all.
I'm always guilty of that, I suppose a word I should use more often is it has decent glass for the price, aint swaro or leica quality, but it isnt terrible compared to others in a similar price range.

Reactions: db2000
Just in case it’s not been mentioned, the RRS Clinch work great on these and are in stock. So low profile the mount can be left on and still stores in the case.