• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig kilo 6k

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
Looking into a new pair of lrf binos. I was debating on the new sig kilo 6k. But I keep reading about the blue tint the 10k has. And I was wondering of the 6k has the same problem or not. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

The 3k has it, so probably. That said, it doesn't bug me in the 3k and I've heard the same from plenty of 10k owners. Just as many say they can't stand it though. I'd say buy them from somewhere that will do easy returns and give them a shot.

Looking into a new pair of lrf binos. I was debating on the new sig kilo 6k. But I keep reading about the blue tint the 10k has. And I was wondering of the 6k has the same problem or not. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

IMHO, It's the best option I've found by far, slimmer and lighter than most. Processor is fast, I have hit rock at 2 miles (3518yrds) with it so far and it will likely do more..
In regard to the tint, I pick up just a slight grey tint, I wouldn't say blue. A couple of the guys that have looked through them said they can't tell any difference. Everything is clear, just not completely bright.

This is very helpful, thanks guys! Next question is, are the 10x42 worth the extra cost and weight over the 10x32?

This is very helpful, thanks guys! Next question is, are the 10x42 worth the extra cost and weight over the 10x32?

What do you use right now?

99% of the binos I use are 10x42. Seems silly to get any smaller on the fov.

I was debating on the new sig kilo 6k. But I keep reading about the blue tint the 10k has.
I think you will find the optics to be very similar, and your eyes will adjust to the hue. Even the reviews with the strongest accolades for the Sig range finding binos will say that optical quality is average. Many of our customers use other optics for actual bino use, and only engage the Sig for rangefinding, which they do exceeding well. The Kilo 10k is pretty much the undisputed champion due to its 1M laser that focuses very tightly.

That works better for ELR shooters, but most shooters do not need the extreme long distance that the 10k offers. At 1/2 the price the 6k offers the ability to pair with Kestrel 5700 with the better AB software, which helps for longer shots and better solutions. The 6K on its own is very helpful, and fantastic for hunters.

I recently upgraded from the 3Ks that I had for a little over 2 years to the 6Ks thanks to SIG handling a warranty issue. I've viewed through the 10Ks that my buddy has there is a definative "Blue" tint. The 3Ks had a light gray tint but the new 6Ks appear much lighter thus clearer, I was pleasantly surprised. I've always though the SIG 3Ks was one of the best deals around but now even more with the 6Ks. BTW I bought my original 3Ks from Scott at Liberty Optics an highly recommend them.

I recently upgraded from the 3Ks that I had for a little over 2 years to the 6Ks thanks to SIG handling a warranty issue. I've viewed through the 10Ks that my buddy has there is a definative "Blue" tint. The 3Ks had a light gray tint but the new 6Ks appear much lighter thus clearer, I was pleasantly surprised. I've always though the SIG 3Ks was one of the best deals around but now even more with the 6Ks. BTW I bought my original 3Ks from Scott at Liberty Optics an highly recommend them.
So you sent a 3k into Sig for warranty work and got a 6k back in it's place?

My biggest issue with the 6K is the AB Lite limits ballistic solutions to only 800 yards, if that is not an issue for you then it does sound like these are the best performing units Sig offers (optically). If Sig made a 10K NBT version (No Blue Tint) but with the same display (albeit less bright) that would be fantastic. Or better yet, offer an upgrade for AB "Elite" in the 6K, Leica started doing that with their Geovid Pro series binos that come with AB Lite out of the box, but you can upgrade for $150. If Sig offered the same I think I'd buy a set of 6K binos.

So you sent a 3k into Sig for warranty work and got a 6k back in it's place?

My biggest issue with the 6K is the AB Lite limits ballistic solutions to only 800 yards, if that is not an issue for you then it does sound like these are the best performing units Sig offers (optically). If Sig made a 10K NBT version (No Blue Tint) but with the same display (albeit less bright) that would be fantastic. Or better yet, offer an upgrade for AB "Elite" in the 6K, Leica started doing that with their Geovid Pro series binos that come with AB Lite out of the box, but you can upgrade for $150. If Sig offered the same I think I'd buy a set of 6K binos.
Yes, I sent my 3K into Sig for warranty repair work, diopters were moving and they opted to replace them instead so I got a new 6K back. I use a Kestrel 5700 Elite so the 800 yards limitation isn't a problem when synced to it. The 10K all in one option with full AB is good, but to me the screen display is too busy and it still requires you to use your phone if you want to sync multiple targets or range then write down the data one at a time.
I like to be able to populate my Kestrel when synced with the SIG you just bring up the target card, holding the Kestrel in one hand, scan a target it will populate the range, scroll down to the next target scan again, etc. I can populate my Kestrel as fast as I can find and scan, walk away with all the data in my hand and go fill out my dope card. I was told by SIG the obvious blue tint is a requirement for display definition on the 10Ks.

Yes, I sent my 3K into Sig for warranty repair work, diopters were moving and they opted to replace them instead so I got a new 6K back. I use a Kestrel 5700 Elite so the 800 yards limitation isn't a problem when synced to it. The 10K all in one option with full AB is good, but to me the screen display is too busy and it still requires you to use your phone if you want to sync multiple targets or range then write down the data one at a time.
I like to be able to populate my Kestrel when synced with the SIG you just bring up the target card, holding the Kestrel in one hand, scan a target it will populate the range, scroll down to the next target scan again, etc. I can populate my Kestrel as fast as I can find and scan, walk away with all the data in my hand and go fill out my dope card. I was told by SIG the obvious blue tint is a requirement for display definition on the 10Ks.
So how much difference is there between the display in the 6k and the 10k?

Reactions: Sagewind
So how much difference is there between the display in the 6k and the 10k?
Huge difference the 10K is very busy because of all the extra info it displays.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_194601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_194601_Chrome.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20230313_194648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_194648_Chrome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Badjujuu
Huge difference the 10K is very busy because of all the extra info it displays.
Have a screenshot of the 6k display to compare? As long as it shows elevation and wind solutions on the same screen, with the Leica I have to scroll between elevation and wind and it drives me nuts. Can’t figure out why 8k is so much more than 6k and 5k, yes it’s better LRF module and AB Elite/Pro but at almost $1k more than 5k model???

Have a screenshot of the 6k display to compare? As long as it shows elevation and wind solutions on the same screen, with the Leica I have to scroll between elevation and wind and it drives me nuts. Can’t figure out why 8k is so much more than 6k and 5k, yes it’s better LRF module and AB Elite/Pro but at almost $1k more than 5k model???
The 6K is the simple "O" reticle on the right, used in the all the previous SIG LRFs . When ranging the 6K only will show the elevation holdover value and finally the windage hold. You have to either pair with a Kestrel or other anemometer or enter the wind speed /direction in the app to get the hold value.

The 6K is the simple "O" reticle on the right, used in the all the previous SIG LRFs . When ranging the 6K only will show the elevation holdover value and finally the windage hold. You have to either pair with a Kestrel or other anemometer or enter the wind speed /direction in the app to get the hold value.

Right, that's a no go for me as I'm trying to find a decent solution that can have me forego the Kestrel option, I have a Kestrel but do not like to be dependent upon it, plus as I'm shooting longer and longer ranges the wind at the Kestrel is becoming less reliable than reading wind downrange. Reading wind is becoming more important to me than relying on Kestrel but I do understand the Kestrel still has some advantages. I am a bit baffled that very few options exist that will show both elevation and wind solutions on the same screen, I can't be the only one who sees the advantage in this, in fact, the only option I know of is the Sig 10K.

Right, that's a no go for me as I'm trying to find a decent solution that can have me forego the Kestrel option, I have a Kestrel but do not like to be dependent upon it, plus as I'm shooting longer and longer ranges the wind at the Kestrel is becoming less reliable than reading wind downrange. Reading wind is becoming more important to me than relying on Kestrel but I do understand the Kestrel still has some advantages. I am a bit baffled that very few options exist that will show both elevation and wind solutions on the same screen, I can't be the only one who sees the advantage in this, in fact, the only option I know of is the Sig 10K.
The 6k DOES show both elevation and windage correction on the same screen, the distance is show below the "O" then above the elevation will display with a up/down arrow, followed by a left/right for the wind. Look at page 18 of the manual link I posted item "J". You just have to either enter the wind value manually through the app or link to your Kestrel. The 10K is same but you use the supplied Weatherflow anemometer, a Kestrel or again enter the wind value manually through the app on your phone.

1678819304105.png

The 6k DOES show both elevation and windage correction on the same screen, the distance is show below the "O" then above the elevation will display with a up/down arrow, followed by a left/right for the wind. Look at page 18 of the manual link I posted item "J". You just have to either enter the wind value manually through the app or link to your Kestrel. The 10K is same but you use the supplied Weatherflow anemometer, a Kestrel or again enter the wind value manually through the app on your phone.

View attachment 8096412
When you say “followed by” that infers it moves to “another screen”, I guess I wasn’t clear with my term “screen”. I do not want the display to show elevation and then wind, I want the display to show me both elevation and wind at the same time. Does that make better sense?

When you say “followed by” that infers it moves to “another screen”, I guess I wasn’t clear with my term “screen”. I do not want the display to show elevation and then wind, I want the display to show me both elevation and wind at the same time. Does that make better sense?
As an example the elevation solution with display 4.2 ^ then flash 0.3 <, on the same screen.

I have the 10x32 and have been impressed. Not that they don't do everything I want of them, but if I were buying again, I'd get the 10x42s.

As an example the elevation solution with display 4.2 ^ then flash 0.3 <, on the same screen.
Right, if I remember correctly the AMOLED display of the 10k doesn’t do this, it will display both elevation and wind at the same time, I don’t want a flash or other screen, I want them both. Yes, I want my cake and eat it too 😂. I was hoping all the Kilo Xk units had similar.

New to the forum just had to mention SIG only has a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics from date of manufacture not date of purchase clearly written on their website so it's not a real lifetime warranty as everyone thinks. May not sound fair but it's not deceptive practice on SIG's part since they have it clearly posted on their own website.

SIGs are for only the rich folks who can actually keep on buying new rangefinders every few years since all electronics fail sooner or later.
Good news is SIG is still going to be a heavy pair of expensive binoculars after their electronics fail after their limited 5 year warranty is over.

Poor people such as myself are forced to buy Maven, Athlon, Burris or Vortex as a buy once cry once for non disposable electronics which come with real no questions asked NO BS lifetime or forever warranties. I'm just waiting for Maven to come out with a rangefinder binoculars since their rangefinder seems to have hands down the best glass in the business.

Last edited: