• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig MODX-9 9mm suppressor

Ape_Factory

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Strongly considering one of these for suppressing my LTT Elite. Since it's a non-tilting barrel (Beretta), I can forego a booster. For functioning, I definitely want to go as light as possible without going to aluminum on the baffles so I'm considering the MODX-9 and the HUXWRX Rad 9.

I like the increased modularity of the Sig. Maybe overkill on the modularity? I have the option of long/short configurations on the Rad9 and it looks like they really thought of everything with that can. It seems a bit more KISS and slightly reduced blowback vs. a "normal" can. Any downsides from users of the MODX-9? Price-wise, they're in spitting difference of one and other and both seem to include everything needed and then some which is nice.

On caliber modularity, seems the Rad 9 is more flexible and Sig won't rate the MODX-9 for anything BUT 9mm. Not a deal-killer for me by any means.

Supposedly the Sig sounds pretty good. You should also check out TBAC's 9mm can since you are after light weight.

I have no experience with that specific suppressor, but my general experience with this concept is that it sounds great on paper and yet in practice I never find myself adding or subtracting just one or two baffles to tune the performance. Instead, I'm adjusting it with a single big chunk.

I'd instead recommend something that can simply be run in a "long" or "short" configuration.

TBAC is def interesting but unobtanium and the pricing is up there with the main benefit, in my situation at least, being able to handle 300blk supers. Not sure why it's so much more costly as it's made out of the same stuff as other brands. But if it were actually available, I'd definitely consider it as long as there were a few hands-on reviews out there. I just don't want to pay $400 more for a silencer that performs identically, on a 9mm handgun, as something for substantially less expensive.

I also looked at KGM's new 9mm silencer but their actual specifications are quite different from what's on their page unfortunately. It's no longer made out of titanium and will come in heavier than what's listed.

I have no experience with that specific suppressor, but my general experience with this concept is that it sounds great on paper and yet in practice I never find myself adding or subtracting just one or two baffles to tune the performance. Instead, I'm adjusting it with a single big chunk.

I'd instead recommend something that can simply be run in a "long" or "short" configuration.
That def crossed my mind. On the Rad 9, two simple choices and likely similar perceived performance. The Sig IS lighter though which is what attracted me. I did read a few things about POI shifts with the Sig.

Fly9's are shipping now, some have already shipped, to the dealers that had the first orders in line. We have a very detailed comparison matrix on the Fly9 product page. The best 9mm cans all sound the same on pistols due to port noise anyway, we figured this out and then made one that was as small and light as possible to stay right there.

Reactions: reubenski
Also I personally wouldn't buy a 9mm can based on its ability to accommodate .300BO. The only ones that will be reasonably quiet are very large (ie, "subgun class"). A regular .30 cal centerfire rifle can will be much better with 300BO vs. the average of the good 9 cans.

Reactions: reubenski
Also I personally wouldn't buy a 9mm can based on its ability to accommodate .300BO. The only ones that will be reasonably quiet are very large (ie, "subgun class"). A regular .30 cal centerfire rifle can will be much better with 300BO vs. the average of the good 9 cans.
Good point Zak! I do have a 7.62 can already and use that on the 300 blackout as well. BUT, it's nice to have options! I'd imagine the initial batches are 100% spoken for.

We have used and sold a few Sig ModX-9 and they are very impressive. Also impressed with the CGS Mod9. We signed up early with @Zak Smith to get the Fly 9, so those will be "flying in" soon. We currently have nobody on that waitlist, if you want to sign up. I have no opinon on the TBAC, as we have not received them yet, nor heard any reviews, but we trust the guys behind the curtain, so I am sure they will not dissapoint.

I appreciate the offer longshot2000! I actually snagged a MODX-9 today from Capitol Armory today as they made a great offer on the MODX and I'd just purchased an Energetic NYX Mod2 through them the week prior so they had all my info. I did look at the CGS but didn't want aluminum so I had more cleaning options. Now the wait! Ninety days, right? Wink. Wink.

I had my mind made up on the CGS Mod 9 until I discovered the Fly 9. With the CGS, it is possible to attach it to a handgun via the Griffin Cam Lok or EZ Lok system. Is this possible with the Fly 9 as well?

I had my mind made up on the CGS Mod 9 until I discovered the Fly 9. With the CGS, it is possible to attach it to a handgun via the Griffin Cam Lok or EZ Lok system. Is this possible with the Fly 9 as well?

As long as griffin makes a silencerco/rugged compatible piston.