• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig mpx

Last edited:
I can't believe I've never heard of this. It just made my must-have list. Definitely not going to be on the market long.

Played with at shot. No release date. Said wasnt sure if sbr would be sold to public or if you would buy pistol, form 1, then buy stock. Either way I'll have one in 9mm.

Played with at shot. No release date. Said wasnt sure if sbr would be sold to public or if you would buy pistol, form 1, then buy stock. Either way I'll have one in 9mm.

Told me at SHOT it would hit dealers 1Q 2014... So sometime before april... Didn't ask about public SBR availablity

I want this one, has a permanent muzzle device making it 16" and I read that they will sell a sleeve that slides over it to make it a suppressor, sleeve will be approx $200 plus a NFA stamp. Cool idea!

SIG MPX-C

I want this one, has a permanent muzzle device making it 16" and I read that they will sell a sleeve that slides over it to make it a suppressor, sleeve will be approx $200 plus a NFA stamp. Cool idea!

SIG MPX-C

Already been 86'd by the ATF I believe.

Is there anything definitive saying that? They keep showing it on their site.

Couldnt tell you. It wasnt at SHOT, we looked, we asked(only Sig guy that would give us the time of day was the long range shooting instructor for Sig Academy, super nice guy BTW and BS'd with us for over an hour). My buddy asked his Sig contact and they said "ATF troubles" and left it at that. He took it to mean ATF changed their mind or maybe never approved it in the first place even though Sig said they did. Didnt elaborate much except to say he doubted it would ever be released to the public. I can believe that, to much of that design was ripe for shenanigans. Same thing with their arm brace thing which wont surprise me if ATF changes their mind about it eventually.

Couldnt tell you. It wasnt at SHOT, we looked, we asked(only Sig guy that would give us the time of day was the long range shooting instructor for Sig Academy, super nice guy BTW and BS'd with us for over an hour). My buddy asked his Sig contact and they said "ATF troubles" and left it at that. He took it to mean ATF changed their mind or maybe never approved it in the first place even though Sig said they did. Didnt elaborate much except to say he doubted it would ever be released to the public. I can believe that, to much of that design was ripe for shenanigans. Same thing with their arm brace thing which wont surprise me if ATF changes their mind about it eventually.

I talked to someone at the SIG booth who was pretty nice and informative- said they were working on a solution with the ATF. Didn't elaborate on that; so it could mean they are coming up with a different design with a similar concept, or that they've made headway in getting it approved.

Sig Sauer sues ATF for calling its 'muzzle brake' a gun silencer | SeacoastOnline.com

Didn't see that coming! Guess what he was saying is they were planning a lawsuit!

This COULD squash suppressors from the NFA potentially... COULD even kill the NFA. But I doubt it on both accounts. If SIG wins this, it would likely come as some sort of ruling that would prevent the BATFE from making such broad judgements on intended use of perm affixed barrel devices.

ALSO, I don't see how the AFT can claim the "muzzle brake" is a one use (suppressor) device- since cans are not legal in all states, you would have to this assume everyone who buys this and doesn't get the sleeve/register it will do so without registering- or in other words, that everyone who buys this in a jursustiction that bans suppressors have criminal intents