• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SIG P220 Combat w/ can. what ammo runs best?

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Alright, after all the headaches I finally got my YHM Cobra M2 can put together with the CORRECT thread pattern. Now mind you, all I had was some Independence ammo sitting around the house when I decided Id run a few thru it to see what it sounded like. Well it jams, stove pipes, and didnt catch the next round...

I have read articles on people only using +P ammo while running the suppressor. But doesnt that defeat the purpose of owning a can? a 45 round is already subsonic so its as quiet as its going to get with regular ammo, +P would give it more of a whistle or crack. Im just curious if anyone here is running a similar setup or same cal, same can setup Id appreciate some ammo adive. Thanks dudes!

My Setup:
1. Sig Sauer P220 Combat (factory threaded barrel) 45cal
2. YHM Cobra M2
3. Surefire X300 weaponslight
4. Hogue grips. (pull over sleeve)

Re: whats the correct ammo to run in a 45 w/ can??

I newer said that but yes it does have the Nielson device. I also had not properly lubed it so after I did that I shot a couple more thru it. Its doing better. Sig said there should be a break in period of about 200 rounds then it will run flawless. Ive heard that before.....

A picture of your setup wouldn't help us answer your question.....but I'd sure like to see it!!
laugh.gif

Ill get it tonight. at work now. cant you tell?

that's the exact setup I'm looking to put together, so not only are pics mandatory, but I'd like to hear your reviews!

cool. i got some range time with it yesterday and plan on taking pics of it tonight with a little write up on performance. stay tuned.

Whatever ammo you like. You don't need extra-power ammo if your can has a booster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use WWB 230gr as well. </div></div>

My sentiments as well. 230grn Gold Dot if intent on hitting something on 4 or 2 legs.

I sent my F4 in a week ago for my M2 45. I'd really like to "hear" your impressions of sound suppression. Can you give us an idea of how much splatter you get when shooting it wet as well?

Thanks,

Jim

I have the M1 .45, splatter is dependent on how much liquid you use. I find that every silencer has a "sweet spot" amount of water. More than that and you get splattered, less than that and the sound reduction suffers. On my M1 the magic number is about 3cc of water. I get very little splatter and sound is still good for about two magazines.

I dont shoot my cans wet. It just seems to make the cleanup worse.

Mine shoots everything i feed it, can wet or dry. I'm using an AAC Evo.
3345392331_188d211595_b.jpg

Nice pics. I'd like my HEMS can more so over the old EVO. I also use 3 in 1 oil instead of water. +1 on the spray. 5cc is too much.

ya its running like a champ now. We have an indoor range about 25 min from me and I took it there. People were glued to the viewing window trying to catch a glimpse of it in action. Im just running Independence ammo thru it. Runs fine wet or dry.