• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Sig P220 in .22

jericho

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
ct
Please tell me if I barking up the wrong tree. I will soon be in the market for a 220, but I want to get the .22 conversion kit. I just won't be able to afford burning off .45 rounds practicing as much as I would like. However I heard that the conversion kits don't lock back after the last round in the mag. So my question is, do I buy the p220 in dedicated .22 and get .45 cal conversion kit for it or won't it make a difference. Any pros or cons?In all honesty I will keep it setup as .45 for home defense, but put more .22s down range. I will always send some .45 s down range whenever I take it to practice though, but maybe only 2 or 3 mags depending on cash at the time. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Sig P220 in .22

Just realized I posted in wrong section. How do I move it to sidearm forum?

There are better conversions available for different platforms, but I believe someone was making "Yugo" type slide lock followers that also increased the capacity beyond 10 rounds.

The slide would fall upon mag removal, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to get out, but that might be an option.

I bought a dedicated 22 P220 off gunbroker and then bought a 45 conversion kit from sig at a discounted price and saved a bunch of money versus doing the reverse. I am completely happy with the pistol. Shoots great in either 22 or 45, no problems whatsoever. I did get a slide stop (think it cost around $20) so the 22 would stay open on the last shot.

P-220-22s works find.
The after market followers (same as AR15) drop when mag is removed.
As noted, if you get the .22 GUN, when guy the centerfire KIT, you you save a lots of money, not I think there are are only two lock options: SA/DA (regular) and SA; not SAO.

If you're the a threader barrel, find the gun and the gun find first, barrel only is high.

P-220-22 is pretty good, except I decided Sigs I didn't the trigger. The CZs and Glocks (9MM and .22) like better.

The Sig Mosquito is a POS. Just "NO" for zinc!

Sorry about my stroke/tumor and speech troubles.