• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Sig p228r

BFDshooter5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Maine
I just worked out a deal for a LNIB Sig p228r. I like the feel of it and seems like it will be a good all around sidearm for me. I did some google searching and am coming up a little short on upgrades for this, particularly a threaded barrel and if it can be converted to DAO. Any flagrant reliability issues?

Anyone have any insight into this. Traditionally I've been a 1911 or Glock fan but I kinda slipped into this and i think I'm going to like it.

Thanks

John

Re: Sig p228r

I'm pretty sure that it can be converted to DAO. I'm not totally sure if it uses the same lockwork as the P229 but if so this should get you to DAO.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sig229doacon1.html

These guys also have a lot of Sig related stuff too.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-parts/

If that doesn't work you I believe that could have the Single action notch milled off on your hammer and then remove the decock lever as it will no longer serve a function.(but if you do that you can't go back w/o getting a new hammer)

Or call up SIG to see if they will do it.

On the threaded barrel the only one I can think of is Jarvis Inc.
http://www.jarvis-custom.com/Products/tabid/53/ctl/ProductDetail/productId/42/mid/388/Default.aspx

I have a P229 and I like the gun a lot, second to my 1911's. I would rather not have the DAO my self but if you like it good luck in your search. Love to see how it turns out when your done.
JMC

Thanks JMC. You definately gave me some leads to work on and I'll definately keep the forum updated on how its working.

I've never had a great deal of success with the DA/SA type weapons. I tend to do better with one or the other and figured that the DAO would be the easiest/cheapest way to go. I like how natural this weapon comes to bear.

A buddy of mine just got into the suppressor manufacturing game and I'm hoping he'll come up with a good design for a 9mm platform.

john

I can understand how you could like having a consistent trigger pull. I like that about my 1911's, short and clean.

I really like my 229 and used it for duty for a while but went back to the 1911. Mine is 2-tone in 357 Sig. Someday I'll get a 40 barrel for it and maybe shooting it more will get me into using it more. Mine is has been super accurate and reliable. Sig's are great and I came really close to getting a SAO P220 but instead stuck with the 1911. I don't think either choice would have been a bad one.

I'd really like to see how the P228 looks with a supressor on it.
JMC

First of the year I'll work on getting hooked up with a threaded barrel. I'll post the picks with the suppressor as soon as I put my hands on the new barrel.

I've got to make some calls to TGS and CDNN investments and find out if the 229 DAO hammer will work.

I did a lot of digging around last night trying to find out the P228 and P228R history. Kinda interesting actually if not a little sparce. I read somewhere that the 228r was actually a 229r lower with a German Sig 228 upper for the US military and were contract overruns. Hell Sig doesn't even list them anymore on their site. Too bad, they seem like clean little sidearms.

If you go on the Sig web site and look for their custom shop services, I'm pretty sure you can find the service at reasonable flat rates, but think man, if you want a consistant pull, just cock it and shoot it single action. It's so sweet especially if you get the SRT trigger job. Best of both worlds!

What I'd really like to do is try Sig's DAO set up and their SRT trigger work. I think I'm going to dig a little more. The first thing I'm gonna do is get set up with a threaded barrel.

I'm new here (researching bolt gun stuff) but I can tell you a P228 is a excellent suppressor host. I have a Barsto barrel on mine and Ameriglo sights. The can is a SWR Shadow9.

DSC00945.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cne411</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm new here (researching bolt gun stuff) but I can tell you a P228 is a excellent suppressor host. I have a Barsto barrel on mine and Ameriglo sights. The can is a SWR Shadow9.

DSC00945.jpg
</div></div>

Nice pistols,
what are the sights on the 228? How does it point/shoot with the suppressor on it? and does it fit in a holster with the high sights?
JMC

They are Ameriglo sights, and they make holsters a challenge. I have a local guy here who makes holsters, I do not think a off the shelf one would work. The sights are a little low with 147gr AE ammo (all that I have tried so far).