• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig P320… I need some input from long term / high round users

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
I’ve always been a glock guy. I like the Sig P320’s modularity… I thought this week would seal the deal for me when I got a chance to shoot one at Sig Sauer Academy. Perhaps I got a lemon - it failed to lock the slide on an empty mag EVERY time. A few other students had the same. I’ve been pricing out slide cutting services and grip stippling etc for a new glock… it has me taking another look at the P320. Can I get some high round count / long term feedback?

I have easily over 100,000 rounds through the P320 platform in various models. I am at 18,925 on a the W320XF-9-BXR3 with recoil spring changes every 5k and a put a threaded barrel in it at 11,356. Any malfunctions I have had were related to the shitty ammo I was shooting during the height of covid ammo craziness. I have an agency arms P320 setup with almost 1k on it now as well as an M18 and M17 with approximately 10K through each of those. Ive owned the 320 Legion and X Compact and others and had no real issues with any of them. I use the Acro on all of them on the Apex adapter. Will be switching to the Acro P2 soon on the Agency and the W320XF. I have not ever experienced or seen the slide lock issue you describe except on P320s with the extended slide catch lever causing shooters to accidentally be depressing the lever under recoil. Im happy to answer any specific questions you may have as well.

Reactions: jmac1911
The X5/Legion is the most accurate and smooth shooting striker pistol there is. Period. I also think the P320’s are 100% reliable. I was all about them up until recently but the way they handled a customer service claim on some defective mags ultimately made me say fuck Sig and go back to Glock. Now I’m back to G19.5 MOS’s with FCD plates and RMR’s and there’s nothing more I desire.

I have similar problems with various 320 setups and it has everything to do with my right thumb riding the slide release, it is all about hand size and geometry.

And, even though my 320s all have this issue in my hands, I still love the platform, best shooting stock handgun I have found.

And I hate glock,

I have not ever experienced or seen the slide lock issue you describe except on P320s with the extended slide catch lever causing shooters to accidentally be depressing the lever under recoil.

I have one of the first gens that I bought new when they came out. It has the oversized takedown lever (which I love as a thumb rest/reducing recoil), and I believe on mine the slide catch is the extended version as well. I might be wrong but I think the early versions had this and people were having problems so they reduced it and the takedown lever.

So as requested, my feedback is that the gun has been flawless and never had any issues even with the oversized stuff that people apparently don't like. No idea what the round count is but I shoot it a lot. I suspect that people are not getting a good firm grip and the gun is bouncing on recoil and fleshy bits are bumping the lever. That's just my guess but if true, it can be fixed with better technique. I just think the gun does not like sloppy technique.

I've shot a lot of striker fired pistols and this one is my favorite.

I have the exact same issue, but with Glocks. It's all about thumb placement. I've carried a P320 as a duty gun for about 4 years, and own a few others. Never had this issue.