• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns SIG P320 Xcarry??

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    So I picked this up today at my local sportsman's and for $550 It seemed like a decent deal, seems to come with some modularity options.

Took it straight to the range shot a couple boxes through it seems to be just as accurate as a factory Glock , feels good in the hand with both frames.

Anybody got any advice or opinions on this setup??

IMG_20210303_002412645.jpg

I have a full size P320. When I first got it, the pistol would gobble up anything it was fed and spit it out with amazing accuracy.

I put a Silencerco threaded barrel on and shoot it suppressed. That's when the groups grew to the size a medicine ball.

I tried all sorts of different ammunition but it was the 115 grain stuff until some other shooters had the same experience. They told me to switch to 147 grain bullets.

Problem solved. So if you put a threaded barrel on it to shoot suppressed and start having accuracy problems, try the heavier bullet.

For the cost and what it offers I'm pretty impressed, I came with Trijicon night sights, and the slide already has the cuts out for a red dot I was thinking about picking up one of the Romeo 1 Red Dot.

Another thing I noticed was that there is absolutely no safety of any kind on these?? I was under the assumption that all semi-auto pistols had to have some form of a safety??

Another thing I noticed was that there is absolutely no safety of any kind on these?? I was under the assumption that all semi-auto pistols had to have some form of a safety??

The military version has a safety.

There are plenty of internal mechanical safeties on the P320. You may have heard there was a quirk with a drop-test wherein if the pistol was dropped to a hard surface in specific angle of impact there were reports of accidental discharges; this anomaly has long been engineered corrected. I run this one with confidence with a Leupold DDP 2.5 MOA, started life as Vickers Tactical P320-X-VTAC, not much of the original factory setup has survived however. I only have 6K rounds thru it, using Safariland RDS Level 3 holster in a drop leg rig or their Level 1 GLS holster. It is pretty accurate for a factory rig. Importantly, the primary safety on any firearm is controlling muzzle direction!
    SIg P320 Annotated Upgrades Nov 2020 copy.jpg
    Sig P320 Safariland RDS Injection Molded ALS Holster Streamlight TLR-7A IMG_6781 copy.JPG
    Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5804 copy.jpg
    Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero with Tripod Picattiny Mount 03.08.20IMG_5012 copy.jpg
    Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20IMG_6643 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.30.47 PM.png
    Sig P320 Safariland RDS Holster Safariland RDS Holster Sig P320IMG_6721 copy.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Longshot231

Plenty of handguns don't have mechanical safeties. Just be mindful of the trigger when holstering it.

I just played with a 320 AXG Scorpion.

IMO it is probably one of the best production handguns out there. Feels great in the hand. Points very well. Very shootable. Probably my favorite pistol now. The differences from normal 320s IMO are home runs. Worth the price increase IMO.

Reactions: Longshot231
    I've got a scorpion P229 and a P226 legion, both of which are nice sidearms put to tell you the truth I think I already like this P320 alot better, It's a hell of a lot lighter and at less than half the cost.

It's my daily carry gun, I rock an optic on it. It's a great gun and I carry it appendix regardless of all the magical claims of it firing by itself lol. 😂

If you have smaller hands you will likely find that the Wilson Combat grip module fits your hands better than any of the P320 or P320X modules.

Yes it is another $65, but it's damn near perfection IMO for driving the P320X.

Best place I've found to get mags for the P320:

If you have smaller hands you will likely find that the Wilson Combat grip module fits your hands better than any of the P320 or P320X modules.

Yes it is another $65, but it's damn near perfection IMO for driving the P320X.

Best place I've found to get mags for the P320:

+1 on Osage County Guns!