• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer 2200 Real World Reviews

I will be looking forward to your assessment and I thank you for the help

Update with a 2400 and a 2200.
The country here is tough to range in...Sage Brush, gumbo hills and some cut banks. Not much for trees.
Used a 2400 and a 2200 in a hog saddle together...
Sun ranged from12 o'clock in front to 3 o'clock with the sun at about 45%'s high... 9 am eastern MT looking north to east....:)

Both LRF's the same at:

255 ducks on the pond
378 KYL rack in the grass, ranged the frame
326 Hanging 3 inch round on a strap
706 Coyote steel with dirt hill behind it
1011 10" steel square in the grass with sage behind and to the side of it....Instant return on both LRF
1188 Rock on a hill side Instant return from both
1394 slope of a gumbo hill

960.... 14" square on a gumbo flat... neither hit it... but they both instantly hit the small ridge ( 4 foot high) to the side of the target

982 Sage Brush. A hole in the tall sage brush flat.
1540 30 inch round. Neither hit it this am
1600 gumbo mound on a flat.. Neither hit this am
1640 Rocks to the NW... Neither hit it this am.
Will check the long points again in this evening. They generally hit these spots with solid reading.

The picture ranged the small cutbank at the end of the roughs. This is through the 2200 This picture is looking east. The sun is directly in front of me.
The only tree is at 9 oclock from this pic., it is 1032 and both hit the base of it this am.

Optics were surprisingly clear this am. I could make out hits on the 600 yard steel and rocks on the ridge at the 1188 hill side.

Attachments

• photo58693.jpg
    photo58693.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I really like how the new LRF's connect to Gizmo's Because I found with mine that once I have loaded the Bullet in to the phone and paired my LRF to the phone I don't need the phone any more and I checked it out with another App it is within 0.01 Mils, The more I use it the more I like it, And using it connected to the phone the Data is there as fast as you can blink.

So that's 7 ways I can use the thing, To be honest this thing is the most fun you can have with ya pants On,

John.

Last edited:
Wanted to post up some information on my recent experience with looking for and finding a rangefinder for use when hunting deer at extended ranges (up to 800m).

Made a few information-gathering posts, read as much as I could find on the internet about personal experiences with a couple of different rangefinders, and finally ended up going with a Sig Kilo 2200MR and was doing some informal testing of it at the beach this weekend. So far, I'm a little skeptical about how it is going to perform on deer in the 700-800yd range.

I was ranging mainly things like houses, water towers, water, grass hold, bushes, i.e, things that I would have thought would have given much better returns than furry animals the size of a deer.

I was able to get returns inconsistently out to maybe 1500yds on water towers and sometimes out to 900 on houses. Lighting conditions for this were in the mid to late afternoon.

One caveat is that it was super duper humid. I don't know if this adversely affects LRFs, nor if that was the issue with this one having such inconsistent performance, but that was always part of the environment I was ranging in. It was always right at 90-97% humidity, but never rained.

Allot of the readings from the sides and roofs of shingles houses simply read "----".

Wanted to post up some information on my recent experience with looking for and finding a rangefinder for use when hunting deer at extended ranges (up to 800m).

Made a few information-gathering posts, read as much as I could find on the internet about personal experiences with a couple of different rangefinders, and finally ended up going with a Sig Kilo 2200MR and was doing some informal testing of it at the beach this weekend. So far, I'm a little skeptical about how it is going to perform on deer in the 700-800yd range.

I was ranging mainly things like houses, water towers, water, grass hold, bushes, i.e, things that I would have thought would have given much better returns than furry animals the size of a deer.

I was able to get returns inconsistently out to maybe 1500yds on water towers and sometimes out to 900 on houses. Lighting conditions for this were in the mid to late afternoon.

One caveat is that it was super duper humid. I don't know if this adversely affects LRFs, nor if that was the issue with this one having such inconsistent performance, but that was always part of the environment I was ranging in. It was always right at 90-97% humidity, but never rained.

Allot of the readings from the sides and roofs of shingles houses simply read "----".

Well that does surprize me. 900 yards on houses should return every time under a second or so and on a large target like a water tower at 1500 should be a 9/10 and 10/10 strike rate with the sun at your 4 O'clock at mid day, Hopefully it was user error, No Offence meant,

good luck.

John.

No problem, John. Just putting the info out there. Could've been used error. Maybe not. Time and experimentation will tell, possibly.

One thing I'm going to try is changing the batteries.

Well that does surprize me. 900 yards on houses should return every time under a second or so and on a large target like a water tower at 1500 should be a 9/10 and 10/10 strike rate with the sun at your 4 O'clock at mid day, Hopefully it was user error, No Offence meant,

good luck.

John.

Would you expect humidity to affect it at all? In humid conditions, I'm getting occasional returns of like 30yds when ranging objects that are hundreds of yards away. Got a couple today while messing with it at stoplights on the way home from work.

good luck.

John.

Would you expect humidity to affect it at all? In humid conditions, I'm getting occasional returns of like 30yds when ranging objects that are hundreds of yards away. Got a couple today while messing with it at stoplights on the way home from work.

No mate, I used mine in bright sunlight at mid day and then at night when it was pouring with rain and I got the exact same reading and in very Humid hazy conditions and it was always the same, That should not be happening,

John.

No problem, John. Just putting the info out there. Could've been used error. Maybe not. Time and experimentation will tell, possibly.

One thing I'm going to try is changing the batteries.

Well that might be the cause, Energizer Lithium are about the best, I have heard of other folks having similar issues and it turned out to be the battery, So give it a go, it can't hurt to try.

John.

Also consider that hand held is not the best way to get consistent returns at distance with any laser rangefinder. You will always get better returns if you use a stable surface such as a tripod, resting on a vehicle or pack, etc.

Over a year later....any updates (good, bad, or other)?

I have had a 2200MR for well over a year and I don't mind it. It goes very well generally in field shooting conditions, over 1km has never been an issue while hunting which is all I wanted it for really... Deer in daylight.

EXCELLENT:
Small but practical size
Battery life, have changed once in nearly 2 years (well over 1000+ ranges I'd say)
Body comfortable to hold
RRS tripod arca cradle clamp fits well and makes things easier
'Hyperscan' quick scan is good

GOOD:
Small reticle square box helps with accuracy
Grippy surface with finger grooves

AVERAGE:
MIL reticle I think is a gimmick, at 7x, not very helpful calling shots
The lens has a definite blueish hue to it, definitely nothing like my Swarovski Laser Guide that it replaced
Cheap black nylon pouch it comes in is pretty shit, but that doesn't get used anyway so not a problem
Eye relief is short but not a massive problem

Overall, I really like it.

I have had a 2200MR for well over a year and I don't mind it. It goes very well generally in field shooting conditions, over 1km has never been an issue while hunting which is all I wanted it for really... Deer in daylight.

EXCELLENT:
Small but practical size
Battery life, have changed once in nearly 2 years (well over 1000+ ranges I'd say)
Body comfortable to hold
RRS tripod arca cradle clamp fits well and makes things easier
'Hyperscan' quick scan is good

GOOD:
Small reticle square box helps with accuracy
Grippy surface with finger grooves

AVERAGE:
MIL reticle I think is a gimmick, at 7x, not very helpful calling shots
The lens has a definite blueish hue to it, definitely nothing like my Swarovski Laser Guide that it replaced
Cheap black nylon pouch it comes in is pretty shit, but that doesn't get used anyway so not a problem
Eye relief is short but not a massive problem

Overall, I really like it.

Thats pretty awesome to hear. I am leaning towards a Leica CRF-2400 but as it just hit the streets I am going to give it a few. For $350 its almost worth just grabbing the SIG to have for a while...