• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer 2400 GO!!!

IanHusaberg

Bad Actor
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2017
    Rocky Mountains
    I've checked out Long Range Only's video on youtube. Any other quality reviews? I thought we'd get a thread started here! Feel free to add your .02, spew on

IanHusaberg out

Attachments

• photo47655.jpg
      photo47655.jpg
      22.6 KB · Views: 29
    id like to see some reviews as well. i thought the 2000's ranging capabilities must be too good to be true for the price but after purchasing on ei was wrong and super impressed.

Hey Len,

Thanks for the reply. I did read your sons Article and it complimented what Long Range Only's video said and filled in some of the gaps. I'm just chomping at the bit for more info? I did see where you posted on the scout hide about you selling them at your site.

Thanks again, IanHusaberg

I took mine out again today, wanting to see how it would do in some light fog...a bit disappointing. I could get readings pretty consistently out to 600-650 yards on boulders. I still feel it will be a fine hunting RF, as many days will be good weather for the 2400.

I have experienced the same or worse with the Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski products.

The PLRF15 just flat plows through most fog and snow. I consistently range deer and other critters 12-1400 yards with it in poor conditions with the PLRF15. Hopefully one day a company will combine the ballistic functionality like the 2400AB with a laser like the PLRF's for around $3K.

In the conditions common to where I hunt and shoot I will always carry both RF's.

Fortunately the 2400's size and weight makes it a non chore to carry in a pocket. I really like the instant reads with the AB solutions, which I find to be pretty much to be spot on...nice piece of kit.

Hey Detroit,

I'm going to agree with everything you just said. I'm excited to get my hands on the one thats coming to me. I look forward to validating mine or truing it in the process. I disagree with you on a minor point. I've used a PLRF15C in the snow and it didn't work as well as you boast! It would jump between near and far. It was snowing big flakes, but not too hard. On the other hand i've ranged out to 4800 Yard+ with the vectronix. What if any disparity have you found between the two as far as range finding in normal light goes?

Thanks, IanHusaberg

Hey Detroit,

I'm going to agree with everything you just said. I'm excited to get my hands on the one thats coming to me. I look forward to validating mine or truing it in the process. I disagree with you on a minor point. I've used a PLRF15C in the snow and it didn't work as well as you boast! It would jump between near and far. It was snowing big flakes, but not too hard. On the other hand i've ranged out to 4800 Yard+ with the vectronix. What if any disparity have you found between the two as far as range finding in normal light goes?

Thanks, IanHusaberg

I should have mentioned that I am using the PLRF15 with the 3D function turned on. If the range is flashing, it is indicating that there is at least one more reading available. It will pick up the snow/rain/fog @ 37-40 yards, then the 2nd press on the range button consistently / regularly / practically 100% of the time will give me the Elk @ 1200-1400 yards. The 2400 has a toggle for conditions as well (last vs best), but thus far does not help at all, so I just leave it on "best" return.

As far as ranging accuracy 2400 vs the 15, I see the 2400 to be very close to the 15, but consistently giving a slightly longer range (e.g. Range steel PLRF 547 yards, 2400 548.5 yards.)

On a clear day I can get 4900 plus on hard targets / animals 1800 plus. The 2400 not as consistent but 1200-1500 hard / 800-1000 on animals.

I like the flatter beam of the 15 vs the round beam of the 2400, for me at least it is easier to determine rock/berm/sage vs intended target.

All in all for the price point, I think the 2400 is a great RF; but it is not fair to compare it to a Vectronix.

I did find that to be the case with the vectronix. I'm glad we are arguing about the same thing.;) I mean, I agree once again with everything you said. I think a closer comparison is the Terrapin. I haven't used one, so...... I can't compare. Thanks for adding to the thread!!!

The Terrapin is just above the Sig 2400 or a couple steps above, is what I would suspect? I don't think the Kilo 2400 is gold, but i would like to give it the benefit of the doubt until it proves me wrong. I think when you have used it/tested/vetted it and know the parameters it will be more of a advanced ballistic solver than the g7 and not quite have the pure ranging capabilities of the Terrapin. The glass is half full with this one, until i'm prove myself wrong. Then, I might start weeping like a baby.!!!

The Terrapin is just above the Sig 2400 or a couple steps above, is what I would suspect? I don't think the Kilo 2400 is gold, but i would like to give it the benefit of the doubt until it proves me wrong. I think when you have used it/tested/vetted it and know the parameters it will be more of a advanced ballistic solver than the g7 and not quite have the pure ranging capabilities of the Terrapin. The glass is half full with this one, until i'm prove myself wrong. Then, I might start weeping like a baby.!!!

Terrapin will range much further and has smaller beam divergence. But as pointed out you don't want to drop them onto a boulder and repair is expensive. Tha is why I like the PLRF10/15 series, much more robust, The 2400 solver, footprint and ranging ability is in a class of it's own. I have ranged Elk at a mile easily with a Terrapin. The best I can do with my 2400 is in the vicinity of 1000 yards. It does seem that for whatever reason all of these Sig units vary in ability significantly.

It accomplishes what I wanted, a small, good RF with a good solver for hunting purposes. I try to keep my shots within 600 yards, 35 yards is even better.

For banging steel, since I have plenty of time I use the PLRF and Kestrel AB. I don't compete, so the time factor is not an issue for me. I understand it is for those who run comps.

Regardless of RF used, I always have my dope cards

Reactions: Bull Arms
    Does cables have any 2200sm I might exchange my 2000 for one

I know AB has issues with the iPhone. Does it have any negative issues with the 2400?

Not entirely certain how the ballistic solver works on this rangefinder. Is it basically AB that loads onto the 2400? If so, this makes it useless for iPhone folks?

I know AB has issues with the iPhone. Does it have any negative issues with the 2400?

Not entirely certain how the ballistic solver works on this rangefinder. Is it basically AB that loads onto the 2400? If so, this makes it useless for iPhone folks?

The solver is built into the 2400, you build and load profiles with the Kilo App, it's not the AB app, it's as accurate as a Kestrel. Same solver and curve library.

We just got a pretty big batch in today from Sig.

Drop me a PM or give me a ring at the store for pricing.

If I can answer any questions about any of the Sig stuff just hit me up. We've been spending a lot of time behind their stuff recently.

The solver is built into the 2400, you build and load profiles with the Kilo App, it's not the AB app, it's as accurate as a Kestrel. Same solver and curve library.

Ah ok, that makes me more comfortable. Thanks for that.

ive been running mine for DOPE in matches for the past 2 months...zero issues with the range finder and solver being accurate...i havent had any bad weather days though...we didnt have a winter in south tx this year so its been 75-85 degrees and sunny 98% of the time since i got it

What I want to know is if I'm going to have to do battle with the rangefinder to get a range within the 1500m engage range of my rifle. It sounds like the answer is a wholehearted yes at this point if I get the Sig.

the terrapin would range anything within 2k every time.

Depends a lot on what you're trying to range. I managed to range an IPSC plate at just under 1500 with the Kilo 2400 I have been testing. That's barely an MOA size target. Hillsides were no problem at 2000. Whatever excuse you need, though!

I have played with mine for a while and I am very disappointed with the system. I bought mine from Applied Ballistics and the following is the body of the letter that I have emailed to AB on 3/22. As of today I have not had a response.

"I have attempted to use my new Sig 2400ABS and have found problems with the system.

After numerous tries in different outside locations I cannot get the compass or inclinometer to calibrate. The Kilo display shows what the manual says should be displayed during calibration but it does not calibrate. I have checked it against a good compass and the direction displayed on the App is off anywhere from 22-66 degrees. When a range is taken with the unit and my finger is off of the unit, the displayed heading and vertical angle keeps changing on the App display. The vertical angle is inaccurate also. I called Sig customer service and talked to a technician in the optical division and after questioning me about how I was actually performing the calibration he decided that the unit has problems and should be returned to Sig.

The unit times out and disconnects from the phone App. I also have trouble with the phone App which I will detail under another item but while I am working with the phone App the unit disconnects and has to be restarted to reconnect. When I brought this to the attention of the Sig technician, he told me that the unit has a motion detector and if the unit is moved before the programmed shutdown time then the unit will continue to stay connected. I tried moving the unit constantly and it still shuts off at the programmed time limit.

I found that one of my gun profiles that are loaded into the system needed calibrating as the custom drag curve does not match what I measured on downrange targets. I went through the calibration steps and when it came to the actual calibration to be done by the App I get a message that says that I have a MV temp table and I am to enter the MV manually. I thought that was the purpose of the App, to calculate the new MV to account for the observed drop. That does not matter because the field that is supposed to show the corrected MV will not accept any input. The shown MV is the one shown beside the 100 degree value entered into the gun profile temperature table. The App shows the ambient temperature, so why is the MV shown for the 100 degree reading when it is approximately 65 degrees?

When taking a reading with the Kilo the yardage displayed in the Kilo is different from the yardage displayed in the App. It may vary from a fraction of a yard to several yards but it is never the same. This happens whether the unit is in “Best” mode or “Last” mode. I cannot tell which reading is the actual range.

The App is almost impossible to use because the fields with small font such as the ones in the Profile Editor and Target screens will hardly accept an input. I sometimes have to tap or touch a field from 3 to 30 times to get the field highlighted so that an input can be entered. Occasionally I cannot get the field highlighted at all. This is when I am inside with warm hands. When I am outside and my hands are cold the inputs are all but impossible. The furnished stylus is a little better but still takes multiple tries to highlight a field. You should not have to rely on a stylus to operate the App. The physically larger fields in the App do not have this problem. You should remember that while I am trying to manipulate the App the Kilo times out multiple times and has to be restarted to reconnect to the App. On occasion this happens even when I have the time set to the maximum of 180 seconds. This App ranges from impractical to impossible to use in the field. At the Sig technician’s request, I have deleted and downloaded the App again and there was no improvement.

Trying to input a wind reading into the App or Kilo is so cumbersome that it is impractical. It takes four button pushes to get to the wind direction screen plus x number of clicks to input the wind direction, two more clicks to get to the wind screen plus the number of clicks or hold down the button until the correct unit appears then wait for the screen to default to the range screen or keep scrolling until you get to the range screen. The real problem is going from any wind value to a lower wind value where you have to scroll through up to 39 units to cycle around and back through 0 to the lower wind value.
    The actual wind meter provided does not work on my Samsung Galaxy S6. The manual does state that some smart phones are not compatible with this meter. Even if it did I am not sure of the wisdom of having another device to keep up with in the field. I can see the mini plug breaking off in the phone if the device is plugged into the phone and in the haste and time pressure of field conditions the unit is pressed hard against something. The manual does suggest using a wind meter such as a Kestrel to get an accurate wind reading and then inputting the value into the Kilo. To get an accurate wind reading I now have to have a third electronic device to manually input the wind value into either the Kilo using an overly long input process or inputting the wind value into the wind value field in the App so that it can transmit the value to the Kilo and get a ballistic solution, assuming the unit has not timed out by this time and has to be reconnected.

The sleeve that has the tripod adaptor fits so tightly on the Kilo that it takes several minutes and considerable effort to remove it from the unit since there is not a good way to get a hold of the sleeve once it is slipped on the unit.

To be fair I must say that the pure ranging capabilities of this unit are very impressive and I am comparing it to my Kilo 2000 which I rate as very good.

I thought that this system would make firing solutions faster and more convenient. In my opinion that goal is not achieved. If wind is not a consideration and you forgo the App then the firing solution is quickly achieved. But the unit is not a stand-alone device and to have the ability to get a firing solution with verified wind inputs is a three-device affair and complicates the solution rather than simplif30ies it. It is my opinion that the Kilo 2000 or 2200 plus a Kestrel AB presents a simpler and faster way to a firing solution when wind speed and direction are needed inputs.

I bought this system sight unseen and entered my order and paid my deposit early based on the idea that this system is a “better mouse trap” and my experience with AB and Sig products being first class in every respect. This product falls far short of the quality of design and production that I have come to expect from AB and Sig.
    Sig has sent me a return authorization based on my conversation with their technical representative. They estimate that it will take 2-3 weeks to repair or replace the unit. Even if Sig rectifies items 1-4, they probably cannot rectify items 5-7.

This system is a good concept that was not carried to fruition during the design and execution. I hope the next generation of this product addresses those problems.
    Considering the above items, I must ask AB to take back the unit and refund my purchase price."

I wrote the above letter in a Word document and in Word format points 1-7 in my letter were numbered and that is what I am referring to in the next to last paragraph. The numbers were lost when cut and pasted into this post.

I have had such good experiences with AB and Sig products before the 2400. I hope this can be rectified.

Update: on 3/30 AB agreed to refund my money. They are stand up people.

Last edited:
    Geez I am sorry to hear of your troubles, I have heard a lot of folks raving about these sig LRF's but a lot of folks have had issues with them and because they are a new comer I steered away from them, Sig put out new models so fast and they never seem to correct the current models, If you get one that can do the range it is just a matter of time and then it all goes pear shaped.

I went with the Bushnell Conx because I liked the 1 mile ARC Mono. And they have a well proven platform,

Maybe you should get your money back and get either a Conx or the 1600b or if money is not an issue the G7-BR2, It is not worth jumping in to the Vectronix because they just don't do enough, They have the power but that is not enough for the cost involved,

I sure hope you get this sorted and you are happy with what ever the out come is, because I think you deserve better.

Good luck.

John.

My 2400 matches up very well with my actual dope and the 5700AB, confirmed beyond a mile with 300N and out to 1200 with 300 win, 6.5CM and 338L. Like anything electronic, however things can go bad. I had a few K2000 units, some were better than others. My Vectronix experiences have always been great and so have no plans of selling my PLRF15 or the 5700AB. At least Sig has a warranty, perhaps slow - but NOT as slow or as expensive as V.......X. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    I have played with mine for a while and I am very disappointed with the system. I bought mine from Applied Ballistics and the following is the body of the letter that I have emailed to AB on 3/22. As of today I have not had a response.

"I have attempted to use my new Sig 2400ABS and have found problems with the system.

After numerous tries in different outside locations I cannot get the compass or inclinometer to calibrate. The Kilo display shows what the manual says should be displayed during calibration but it does not calibrate. I have checked it against a good compass and the direction displayed on the App is off anywhere from 22-66 degrees. When a range is taken with the unit and my finger is off of the unit, the displayed heading and vertical angle keeps changing on the App display. The vertical angle is inaccurate also. I called Sig customer service and talked to a technician in the optical division and after questioning me about how I was actually performing the calibration he decided that the unit has problems and should be returned to Sig.

The unit times out and disconnects from the phone App. I also have trouble with the phone App which I will detail under another item but while I am working with the phone App the unit disconnects and has to be restarted to reconnect. When I brought this to the attention of the Sig technician, he told me that the unit has a motion detector and if the unit is moved before the programmed shutdown time then the unit will continue to stay connected. I tried moving the unit constantly and it still shuts off at the programmed time limit.

I found that one of my gun profiles that are loaded into the system needed calibrating as the custom drag curve does not match what I measured on downrange targets. I went through the calibration steps and when it came to the actual calibration to be done by the App I get a message that says that I have a MV temp table and I am to enter the MV manually. I thought that was the purpose of the App, to calculate the new MV to account for the observed drop. That does not matter because the field that is supposed to show the corrected MV will not accept any input. The shown MV is the one shown beside the 100 degree value entered into the gun profile temperature table. The App shows the ambient temperature, so why is the MV shown for the 100 degree reading when it is approximately 65 degrees?

When taking a reading with the Kilo the yardage displayed in the Kilo is different from the yardage displayed in the App. It may vary from a fraction of a yard to several yards but it is never the same. This happens whether the unit is in “Best” mode or “Last” mode. I cannot tell which reading is the actual range.

The App is almost impossible to use because the fields with small font such as the ones in the Profile Editor and Target screens will hardly accept an input. I sometimes have to tap or touch a field from 3 to 30 times to get the field highlighted so that an input can be entered. Occasionally I cannot get the field highlighted at all. This is when I am inside with warm hands. When I am outside and my hands are cold the inputs are all but impossible. The furnished stylus is a little better but still takes multiple tries to highlight a field. You should not have to rely on a stylus to operate the App. The physically larger fields in the App do not have this problem. You should remember that while I am trying to manipulate the App the Kilo times out multiple times and has to be restarted to reconnect to the App. On occasion this happens even when I have the time set to the maximum of 180 seconds. This App ranges from impractical to impossible to use in the field. At the Sig technician’s request, I have deleted and downloaded the App again and there was no improvement.

Trying to input a wind reading into the App or Kilo is so cumbersome that it is impractical. It takes four button pushes to get to the wind direction screen plus x number of clicks to input the wind direction, two more clicks to get to the wind screen plus the number of clicks or hold down the button until the correct unit appears then wait for the screen to default to the range screen or keep scrolling until you get to the range screen. The real problem is going from any wind value to a lower wind value where you have to scroll through up to 39 units to cycle around and back through 0 to the lower wind value.
    The actual wind meter provided does not work on my Samsung Galaxy S6. The manual does state that some smart phones are not compatible with this meter. Even if it did I am not sure of the wisdom of having another device to keep up with in the field. I can see the mini plug breaking off in the phone if the device is plugged into the phone and in the haste and time pressure of field conditions the unit is pressed hard against something. The manual does suggest using a wind meter such as a Kestrel to get an accurate wind reading and then inputting the value into the Kilo. To get an accurate wind reading I now have to have a third electronic device to manually input the wind value into either the Kilo using an overly long input process or inputting the wind value into the wind value field in the App so that it can transmit the value to the Kilo and get a ballistic solution, assuming the unit has not timed out by this time and has to be reconnected.

The sleeve that has the tripod adaptor fits so tightly on the Kilo that it takes several minutes and considerable effort to remove it from the unit since there is not a good way to get a hold of the sleeve once it is slipped on the unit.

To be fair I must say that the pure ranging capabilities of this unit are very impressive and I am comparing it to my Kilo 2000 which I rate as very good.

I thought that this system would make firing solutions faster and more convenient. In my opinion that goal is not achieved. If wind is not a consideration and you forgo the App then the firing solution is quickly achieved. But the unit is not a stand-alone device and to have the ability to get a firing solution with verified wind inputs is a three-device affair and complicates the solution rather than simplifies it. It is my opinion that the Kilo 2000 or 2200 plus a Kestrel AB presents a simpler and faster way to a firing solution when wind speed and direction are needed inputs.

I bought this system sight unseen and entered my order and paid my deposit early based on the idea that this system is a “better mouse trap” and my experience with AB and Sig products being first class in every respect. This product falls far short of the quality of design and production that I have come to expect from AB and Sig.
    Sig has sent me a return authorization based on my conversation with their technical representative. They estimate that it will take 2-3 weeks to repair or replace the unit. Even if Sig rectifies items 1-4, they probably cannot rectify items 5-7.

This system is a good concept that was not carried to fruition during the design and execution. I hope the next generation of this product addresses those problems.
    Considering the above items, I must ask AB to take back the unit and refund my purchase price."

I wrote the above letter in a Word document and in Word format points 1-7 in my letter were numbered and that is what I am referring to in the next to last paragraph. The numbers were lost when cut and pasted into this post.

I have had such good experiences with AB and Sig products before the 2400. I hope this can be rectified.

"Samsung Galaxy S6" ...for anyone curious the app and touch screen works perfect on my iphone

i will agree the cycling wind thing is queer on the 2400...i dont use it for wind tho...i have a meter and wind chart i use

the tripod adaptor takes about 3 seconds to slip on and off...not sure what the deal is there with yours

Used one this weekend, friggin awesome

FYI was not hitting the tower, the laser just settled there after, the target is well in front and below you can see it under the orange dot

This was an 18X24 target at that distance
    17499105_1386345561388963_4118814658045847279_n.jpg?oh=03347f0ca2f4e6067a296216e0b1adc3&oe=599...jpg
    17426019_1386345558055630_8755709381534902131_n.jpg?oh=9de545b7af6ef410f1272154817ea179&oe=596...jpg

Well fellas I'm less than pleased with the app for this thing on a galaxy s7.. I've messed with it quite a bit and here are the 3 problems I'm having so far. It won't initially connect unless I restart the app, shut down Bluetooth or some other song and dance. It absolutely will not stay connected to the rangefinder. I've changed the amount of time the rangefinder stays on to the longest option available and it's not even remotely dependable. Second the compass calibration is off and every time I try and calibrate it disconnects.. Also the wind meter won't work with the app.. anything over 2.5mph it just zeros out and locks up. I downloaded the weatherflo app for the wind meter and it works just fine so it's obviously something to do with the kilo app. At this point I'm thinking maybe I should've kept my g7.. I haven't had a chance to try the rangefinder itself at any considerable range yet but I will tomorrow. Hopefully it performs better than the app..

Ok after further testing on a galaxy tablet it appears all of my issues have to do with my galaxy s7 phone. On the tablet this thing worked flawlessly. I ranged small trees out to 1680 yards INSTANTLY! I haven't have a chance to validate my ballistics yet but I feel much better about the purchase!

I have had this experience from a lot of the "mobile ecosystem" type stuff. Android is awesome for giving you a lot of options in what hardware you are going to run, and flexibility here, here, there, and there.

BUT - like a dick, sometimes flexibility saves you from breaking the thing off when you fall over drunk, and sometimes it saves you from 2 hours of hot sex with that chick from the bar.

All that said, I did get to play some with the unit at Cabelas. We compared it to the new Leica HD-B's. And I have used a Kilo 2000 from that parking lot as well. The 2400 was enormously superior to the 2000 and a good deal better than the HD-B unit. It was vastly superior to the Leica 2000 as well.

Mine showed up today. I can finally chime into my own thread now. It took about 30 minutes to set mine up out of the box. I had to get the manual out to see about setting the profiles set up and Sync'd. I took it to the range and ran it through 30 rounds. I'm initially impressed. More to report later. What do you guys have to say about the wind meter?

Congrats Ian, the 2400 sounds like a step up, will be great to hear what you think after you have had more time with it,

well done mate,

John.

I set-up the 10 or so loads I have lying around in the bullet profiles a couple weeks ago. So, it didn't take long to load and sync profiles, once the compass and other personal preferences of the display. Pretty happy in general. I'm going to start to see if I can load custom bullet profiles. I did have to add more left windage to get hits than it suggested for a 5 mph wind. There was no wind! I might have to double check my reticle for tilt?

Yeah mate I had a similar Issue with one of my scopes a few years back, and it don't take much to mess things up, And they only come to light when you add a new piece of kit, You can always cross check it with another App just to make sure, back before we had Apps we never noticed such things, Makes you wonder how we ever hit anything, don't It, Lol.

John.

I did laze out to 2220 yards today. It was fast and this was hand held, with a little stabilization from my off hand. Can't wait to try out this unit out, from a tripod, with the remote trigger function via bluethoot/phone!! I did think the unit would be a 1/3 or a 1/4 of the size of a G7. Boy, was I wrong. Its small, almost the size of a 10 round G.I. Ar15 mag.

Last edited:
    This thing is incredible! This was offhand at a non reflective hillside. And it was lightning fast and repeatable. I purchased mine from Chris at interstate guns as well. Thanks for the amazing price and service!

Attachments

• photo52758.png
      photo52758.png
      111.8 KB · Views: 42
    This thing is incredible! This was offhand at a non reflective hillside. And it was lightning fast and repeatable. I purchased mine from Chris at interstate guns as well. Thanks for the amazing price and service!

Geez Dodge that's 1.46 miles, I don't think I can see that far, Great for calling Arty Strikes but a bugga if you got to pack a Moose out. Great Pic, thanks for that.

John.

Geez Dodge that's 1.46 miles, I don't think I can see that far, Great for calling Arty Strikes but a bugga if you got to pack a Moose out. Great Pic, thanks for that.

John.

Chris is slightly confused. I bought mine via group buy here. Unless he had something to do with that then, he may be thinking of the 338 Lapua Carbon fiber barrel I purchased from him for my MRAD this week. Which, I will be starting artillery training at a mile and taking it out to whatever solutions the Sig 2400 will provide me with to reason. I'll be load developing for a while, then testing my results. A Kestrel 5700 will be in my future to cross reference results w/Sig 2400.

Yo Mildot1960, I hear you loud and clear. I think you should hold off beating you chest with the CONX in hand before your eating your own words? Put your Ego in check and give the 2400 a chance?

Last edited:
    Chris is slightly confused. I bought mine via group buy here. Unless he had something to do with that then, he may be thinking of the 338 Lapua Carbon fiber barrel I purchased from him for my MRAD this week. Which I will be starting artillery training at a mile and taking it out to whatever solutions the Sig 2400 will provide me with to reason. I'll be load developing for a while then testing my results. A Kestrel 5700 will be in my future to cross reference results w/Sig 2400.

Yo Mildot1960, I hear you loud and clear. I think you should hold off beating you chest with the CONX in hand before your eating your own words? Put your Ego in check and give the 2400 a chance?

Ian everyone knows that I can hit anything past my Butler Creeks, The muzzle blast goes further than I can shoot so I think my virtue is in tact, They have not released the 2400 over here yet, I keep searching but like when the G7 first came out that took about 2 years for me to find one so I gave up on that too, Lol.

I am hoping for Brian/AB to workout a firing solution for my sling shot, I got more chance of that happening than the way I'm going. :(

John.

Sorry to hear that! Other side of the pond or down under the fumunda? Sounds like you have a realistic goals with your sling shot. Sig might have a new unit by the time they release it in your neck of the woods? I'm definitely not discounting the CONX or G7. Great Units, no ifs ands or butts. Brian isn't to blame for the sig 2400 success or failure. There is a hole team behind AB/SIg Sauer that can take the blame. I think Litz is the brains behind the theory/math that is moving us forward as a community.

Side note, When Gunwerks comes out with there new technology integrated into there scope this summer, based on the razor 2 design with heads up display it could turn the whole industry upside down.

Back home in Oz things were a lot easier to buy but over here dead horse and whip come to mind,

I Admire Brian and all he has helped create this past few years I have the up most respect for the Guy aye,

being raised with Guns to me they are second nature but over here a person tends to be frowned upon as some kind of sub human and so it is no wonder why I have so much trouble buying the good gear, IE how about a Mildot master for $75.00 and range cards are a joke, and on scopes etc they change the $ sign to a £ sign and we get the shaft

So my ConX has become my pride and joy, Classic example is I bought a Coil for a metal detector from US Ebay that was 20 year old, I won the Bid at $59.00 by time they added the extra postage on over here and import duty it cost me about $203.00.

Back when the G7 came out in the US about 3 or 4 years ago, a shop over here was selling a second hand terrapin at $4800.00, I am all for people making a living but that is a little OTT in my opinion, So you see what I am up against.

I love what the 2400 is doing and the G7 mk 2 but, I live in hope and we will see what happens if and when they get here, fingers crossed.

John.

Chris is slightly confused. I bought mine via group buy here. Unless he had something to do with that then, he may be thinking of the 338 Lapua Carbon fiber barrel I purchased from him for my MRAD this week. Which, I will be starting artillery training at a mile and taking it out to whatever solutions the Sig 2400 will provide me with to reason. I'll be load developing for a while, then testing my results. A Kestrel 5700 will be in my future to cross reference results w/Sig 2400.

Yup you're right my bad. I had a bunch of guys pick stuff up last week. Enjoy the barrel lol.

Took mine out of the box, built a few profiles, used the drops it gave me the next day at a 6.5 Creedmoor, PRIME Ammo match, and it was money all day. Have been using it with my 308 and 175 RDFs for the last two matches ... out to 1200 yards it has been spot on in varied conditions. I run it so it gives me a straight full value 5mph wind call and I work from that. For my uses it has been a very nice addition to the tool kit. Speeds up our setup time in team matches a lot as well.

Shot at a tennis ball at 1km. Didn't expect to hit it - wind was super high and a tennis ball is too much for my gun and skill level anyway. Maybe in calm conditions with a 116lb benchrest gun...but not in a 17mph gusty wind with a gas gun.

The bullet impact was within a few inches vertically at 1km. Several times. I was able to use the custom drag model for my bullet, and the ES on this ammo is the lowest I have ever seen in my life (2fps).

I was very pleased.

Shot at a tennis ball at 1km. Didn't expect to hit it - wind was super high and a tennis ball is too much for my gun and skill level anyway. Maybe in calm conditions with a 116lb benchrest gun...but not in a 17mph gusty wind with a gas gun.

The bullet impact was within a few inches vertically at 1km. Several times. I was able to use the custom drag model for my bullet, and the ES on this ammo is the lowest I have ever seen in my life (2fps).

I was very pleased.

Well if you were that close then I think maybe you did not have the Degrees set right because that is excellent shooting just the same, If you use the same formula only this time subtract for 3 to 5 degrees I think you will be spot on, So just add 3 or 5 degrees to your range and I think you will be spot on,

I found that some folks make a simple mistake when they use LRF's,

hope that helps,

John.