• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig Sauer 2400 GO!!!

I took mine out tonight and got some readings around the 2700 yard mark, which is pretty impressive to me.

In another note I did try to carry the tactical pen in my left pocket toady, it didn't work out so well. I caught it on the seat belt in the first couple of hours when i exited the vehicle and bent the carry clip. I had to remove the screws and re-bend the clip. No big deal. I guess a heavy duty titanium clip is out of the question?

Good Lord, 2700 that's quite a stretch, you gotta be happy with that.

John.

No complaints here so far! My shooting area just opened today(National forrest). Antler hunters are out looking high and low. I know of a target out at 1200 yards, we'll see if the Kilo 2400 can get me a first and second round hit?

So I went out opening antler day and saw more federal officers than i have in three years combine. I couldn't get the wind meter to plug and play in the field. I did go to environment and manually enter wind direction from there. Wind speed wasn't a live read. I know more than likely it was me. I need to read the manual a little closer than winging it, as I do best or not in this case. Solution produced for 1200 yards got me inside the frame stand for the target, no hits out of 10 shots. Load was for my last gun. No load work up with new 338 carbon barrel yet. I was shooting the last of the ammo on hand. I did zero scope and break in barrel, still under 50 rounds.

I wasn't getting the same read as my G7-BR2, that had been confirmed with a PLRF-15C. 1197 yards. I was getting 1203 yards with it hand held, with very quick returns on the other hand. I'll have to test with a tripod and the remote trigger function to see if results are the same.

Well Ian maybe you should run some tests with the G7 and the PLRF 15 and the 2400 and see if the sig matches the other two, I have seen reviews where some of the LRF's 5 or 10 years ago were out by as much as 9 yards, yet the newer models are within inches not yards.

Well Ian maybe you should run some tests with the G7 and the PLRF 15 and the 2400 and see if the sig matches the other two, I have seen reviews where some of the LRF's 5 or 10 years ago were out by as much as 9 yards, yet the newer models are within inches not yards.

I would love to compare/contrast, I don't have the G7 anymore? I'm ok with that. The PLRF-15C doesn't spit out solutions either. I will be picking up a 5700 elite w/Bluetooth. We'll see how solutions pair up with the 2400. I still have to do load development for the rifle and several barrels as it's a Barrett MRAD. I'm willing to give the 2400 the benefit of the doubt. Extensive testing and error elimination of all parameters will be done in due time!!!!!

I not so worried with distance of the laser, but the solution spit out of the 2400?

Post 666

Ok, Cool. so you think it is more about the ballistic software than the LRF, well we all know how the slightest thing can throw them out, we have all had that happen. maybe you just need more time with it.

good luck,

John.

Anyone try this as well as the bushnell convx kestrel combo?

Quite the price difference between the two right now with the 25% rebate on the bushie.

It was more in an attempt to validate if it truly justifies the conx over the sig in regards to the post above my question. I'll ask where I please though thanks lol.

It was more in an attempt to validate if it truly justifies the conx over the sig in regards to the post above my question. I'll ask where I please though thanks lol.

That is a great system you have in the US getting a rebate an all, seems like the rest of the world is a bit behind the times.

John.

This is the direction Im saving towards. One thing I have not been able to get an answer on is if its possible to manually enter a range and still get the solution with the atmospheric corrections.

An example situation would be one in which you couldnt get a reflection or heavy rain, snow, zombie outbreak or whatever. Sure the might be a time where you had to resort to milling and when you do can you simply input the range into the app or the device?

-A06

This is the direction Im saving towards. One thing I have not been able to get an answer on is if its possible to manually enter a range and still get the solution with the atmospheric corrections.

An example situation would be one in which you couldnt get a reflection or heavy rain, snow, zombie outbreak or whatever. Sure the might be a time where you had to resort to milling and when you do can you simply input the range into the app or the device?

-A06

I think you would need a kestrel for that. Sig works as any other laser range finder. It finds the range than gives you a solution. Not the other way around. Cart before the horse type of thing. You could just try a basic ballistic calculator print out for your situation?

-A06

No, you can't do that.

I Do wish that you could enter ranges in the app without the rangefinder just to make it easier to validate with your current dope.

It's not an App guys. All the calculations are done on the Kilo 2400. The app is for loading profiles and looking at range results. If you want a more full featured app, Applied Ballistics has had one out for years. Does anybody not have a phone app already they couldn't use for what you're describing?

It's not an App guys. All the calculations are done on the Kilo 2400. The app is for loading profiles and looking at range results. If you want a more full featured app, Applied Ballistics has had one out for years. Does anybody not have a phone app already they couldn't use for what you're describing?

I get that. Just saying it would be nice to be able to run numbers on the app without having to range things so you can verify with known dope..

It would drive up the price since they'd have to develop an app with a built in solver to go along with it. JBM is free.

Seems like all these LRF's have a similar set up where you use the phone to feed the info to the LRF and then you are good to go even without the phone.

Well that was part of the reason for my question.

Yes have an app...or rather 3 to be exact. For me its a matter of deciding if this removes need for Kestrel. Even using the Kilo I imagine a need for a simple anemometer but does one need a full featured Kestrel is the question.

If I need to mil a range and input data into an app thats fine but can the environmental information be read from the Kilo or does it feed that data in a readable format to the phone.

You can read environmental data from the phone app when connected to the Kilo 2400. As for wind speed, that's why it comes with a weatherflow meter. It comes with everything you'd need except a phone to run the app.

You can read environmental data from the phone app when connected to the Kilo 2400. As for wind speed, that's why it comes with a weatherflow meter. It comes with everything you'd need except a phone to run the app.

OK thanks for clearing that up.

So really no need for a Kestrel then with this is what I'm reading.

Pocket wind meter should be all thats needed. I realize it comes with one but not sure if it works with lofeproof case or Iphone 7 without headphone jack.

OK thanks for clearing that up.

So really no need for a Kestrel then with this is what I'm reading.

Pocket wind meter should be all thats needed. I realize it comes with one but not sure if it works with lofeproof case or Iphone 7 without headphone jack.

You'd be right about the phone jack and the life proof case. I had mine out with the Kilo 2400 it was paired with my phone, but I couldn't get the wind meter to work. It must be in those instructions I didn't read!

You'd be right about the phone jack and the life proof case. I had mine out with the Kilo 2400 it was paired with my phone, but I couldn't get the wind meter to work. It must be in those instructions I didn't read!

Don't worry Ian your not alone, I tend to read the instructions as and when I need em,

But on a brighter note I got another phone now so I can download the Conx App because my other phone had the wrong software to run the App, once the LRF knows the bullet profile it don't need the phone either,

My old phone is now working, My Brother had to do a hard reset because where I shorted out it's plug I corrupted it's voltage regulator, So now I got 2, The old one will run the internet for about 10 or 12 hours with the big battery but just using Apps it will last for ages.

John.

I wish the app would allow you to manually enter range data. Sometimes I don't want to drag the Sig out to range something to get a solution. You'd think this would be an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish the app would allow you to manually enter range data. Sometimes I don't want to drag the Sig out to range something to get a solution. You'd think this would be an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just use applied ballistics or another like bulletflight?

I've never wanted an Apple Watch but if SIG made a watch compatible app that displayed solution with wind input on the watch I'd probably buy it.

Is the wind meter blue tooth? I know my Motorola Zforce doesn't have the audio jack.

Is the wind meter blue tooth? I know my Motorola Zforce doesn't have the audio jack.

It's not, you need an audio jack for the meter that it comes with, I think weatherflow makes a BT meter but don't know if that would work. I suspect not.

It's not, you need an audio jack for the meter that it comes with, I think weatherflow makes a BT meter but don't know if that would work. I suspect not.

Thanks, I just realized it didn't have the jack, I did find the adapter to go into the c port. Problem with that would be holding the wind meter and phone at the same time with the short 3'' adapter i would probably have the phone upside down so the meter gets a good reading. I will have to try and watch some youtube reviews to see if this could work.

That's a shame that it does not work via Bluetooth in this day and age.

I don't think it's that it doesn't just that it wasn't part of the package when they put it together so it was never on the board.

Well hopefully they will read these pages and add any useful ideas when they bring out the next model, But I do think the price of the 2400 is a little stiff, because as it stands and the way it is set up I think it should be in the 900 / 995 price range, It is a fine LRF but the way you have to hook up the wind meter means you "Do" have to have your phone with you if the wind is getting up. But when it comes to ranging it is up there with the best.

Well hopefully they will read these pages and add any useful ideas when they bring out the next model, But I do think the price of the 2400 is a little stiff, because as it stands and the way it is set up I think it should be in the 900 / 995 price range, It is a fine LRF but the way you have to hook up the wind meter means you "Do" have to have your phone with you if the wind is getting up. But when it comes to ranging it is up there with the best.

it is basically 900. you pay 300 extra for the Applied Ballistics engine. its liking buying a scope with a horus reticle.

it is basically 900. you pay 300 extra for the Applied Ballistics engine. its liking buying a scope with a horus reticle.

Cool, mind you I would have to go the whole hog I think, I did likewise with the one I bought, Crazy aye, but it chews away at ya until you give in because you get to wondering "what if" and then it's a case of grab the plastic and hit speed dial,

I am so weak,,,,Lol.

John.

Cool, mind you I would have to go the whole hog I think, I did likewise with the one I bought, Crazy aye, but it chews away at ya until you give in because you get to wondering "what if" and then it's a case of grab the plastic and hit speed dial,

I am so weak,,,,Lol.

John.

Just to be clear, there is no option without AB. I'm just saying it's only worth 900 on it's own if it didn't have AB engine.

What did you get?

I bought the ConX because It can use the ConX App and the Kestrel App and the AB App in the two Kestrels or I can use one of the other many Apps I have just by feeding the range and the Angle in to them,

hope that helps.

John.

The Kilo 2400 got me a first round hit at 1186 yards with the MRAD 338 lapua yesterday. A feat that the G7 couldn't do! G7 ranged it at 1187. G7 just couldn't give me a solution that would produce a first round hit. Plate was around MOA size 12"x12". Solution was 29.02 up, .81 left MOA. Wind was entered as 5 mph from the 6 o'clock. Couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kilo 2400 got me a first round hit at 1186 yards with the MRAD 338 lapua yesterday. A feat that the G7 couldn't do! G7 ranged it at 1187. G7 just couldn't give me a solution that would produce a first round hit. Plate was around MOA size 12"x12". Solution was 29.02 up, .81 left MOA. Wind was entered as 5 mph from the 6 o'clock. Couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds sweet Ian,

The G-7 is a great range finder but the weather input I think is a little wanting, If I buy a G-7 I will use it just for ranging, The way forward is to have full weather data and good Apps/software.

To be honest I was a bit against the Bluetooth and Apps etc but they do have the edge for sure.

Sounds sweet Ian,

The G-7 is a great range finder but the weather input I think is a little wanting, If I buy a G-7 I will use it just for ranging, The way forward is to have full weather data and good Apps/software.

To be honest I was a bit against the Bluetooth and Apps etc but they do have the edge for sure.

I set it up on a tripod, pointed the range finder at the target. I used the HUD to press the range button, so not to disturb the accuracy. I am a fan of the bluetooth now. Now, if I could just get the wind meter to work in conjunction with the phone app. i'd be stoked as well.

I set it up on a tripod, pointed the range finder at the target. I used the HUD to press the range button, so not to disturb the accuracy. I am a fan of the bluetooth now. Now, if I could just get the wind meter to work in conjunction with the phone app. i'd be stoked as well.

Yeah mate I'm the same, So near yet so far, I got the new phone and the Apps sorted, Quad Core DooDads works faster than I can turn my head, This is a perfect time to get in to LRF's and within the next year or so the sky's the limit.

I must admit I have been a bit lazy regarding the tripod, I am still yet to test it out.

John

Last edited:
Yeah mate I'm the same, So near yet so far, I got the new phone and the Apps sorted, Quad Core DooDads works faster than I can turn my head, This is a perfect time to get in to LRF's and within the next year or so the sky's the limit.

I must admit I have been a bit lazy regarding the tripod, I am still yet to test it out.

John

I'm currently running this exact setup (this is the stock footage from manufacturer website). I'm away from home for a few days or I would include a picture if mine, only difference is I have a ram mount to also accommodate my iPad if I choose. With the Bluetooth running, it's idiot proof. Although I mostly use field dope sheets when shooting this is awesome to have if you are trying new ranges or very small targets and for just monitoring conditions in real time.

IMG_0358.JPG

I'm currently running this exact setup (this is the stock footage from manufacturer website). I'm away from home for a few days or I would include a picture if mine, only difference is I have a ram mount to also accommodate my iPad if I choose. With the Bluetooth running, it's idiot proof. Although I mostly use field dope sheets when shooting this is awesome to have if you are trying new ranges or very small targets and for just monitoring conditions in real time.

Wow, That Rocks, That Tripod is not available over here, I got the Leupy GR Spotter and I have the Bushnell version of the Leupy with a Mildot Ret but I am thinking about adding one of them Bushnell15-46x60s to my kit as well, I have some great Tripods but not one that I can mount it all on like that..

Thanks for posting it.

John.