• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer Cross 24" BORN AND RAISED

dombeyblue

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2022
Europe
Hi,

I am getting into the long range shooting. I want to go probably 6.5 creedmoor. In my country guns are very limited. One gun in stock is Sig Sauer Cross 24" born and raised edition in 6.5 cm. What do you think about this gun being my first gun?

My options:
- Tikka t3x tac a1 / more than 1 year waiting time
- Cross Born and raised 24" / in stock
- Ruger Precision Rifle 24"
- Bergara HMR / i really dont want to upgrade my gun in the near future

Thank you for all the help.

On paper doesn't seem bad. Has arca on bottom, 5r rifling (which is ok), aics pattern mag is good, plus 5/8x24 muzzle thread. Ticks all the right boxes for a factory offering.

Ruger RPR is also solid and work well. Either one will work. Ruger does have after market triggers available, if that's your thing.

I only have experience with Ruger and tikka, not the Sig, so can not comment on accuracy or anything else.

Reactions: dombeyblue

On paper doesn't seem bad. Has arca on bottom, 5r rifling (which is ok), aics pattern mag is good, plus 5/8x24 muzzle thread. Ticks all the right boxes for a factory offering.

Ruger RPR is also solid and work well. Either one will work. Ruger does have after market triggers available, if that's your thing.

I only have experience with Ruger and tikka, not the Sig, so can not comment on accuracy or anything else.
The only thing i worry about born and raised is the weight...it is very light at 8lbs vs. RPR 12.8 lb and the accuracy (because no one I know has shot it and youtube also doesnt give me any good answers - almost no reviews)

Put a scope and decent muzzle brake on it. Some MLOK weights if you really need.

Learn to shoot properly and have the gun fitted well, and it won't be an issue.

Reactions: TikkaVortexFan
For a general use or hunting gun it would be fine. If you are getting into comps then the weight will be on the light side putting you at a disadvantage to engage multiple targets under time constraints.