• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

Thanks @DocUSMCRetired - but mine is a 2400ABS and I’m unable to use the supplied windmeter thanks to no 3.5mm input jack on my phone. Would’ve been great if the ABS could’ve linked to a weathermeter or BT Kestrel for the wind component. I overcome it by setting the wind to zero in the laser and making a separate wind call.

Any updates to the 2400ABS on the horizon that you know of?

Ordered from Sports Optics and patiently waiting. Does anyone have the dimensions of the bino's? Looked all over and found no info except for length (5.8"). Could these be the same form factor as the Zulu 7 / 10x42's? Wanted to purchase a Badlands XR case prior to the Kilo 3000 BDX's arrival.

Anyone actually received these yet and able to give a review? I am looking at the Vortex Fury and Nikon Laserforce, but would like to hear hands-on input about the Sig before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the update - I think I will get the Vortex now and, if the Sig is just that much better, sell the Vortex when the 3000BDX is available and buy the Sig. I do not own any Sig optics yet, but the binoculars I have handled are the real deal, and their scopes seem great.

I don't know how much of the BDX I would use anyway, not really sold on too much tech in my gear. I just want the rangefinder / bino combo in good glass for archery or when on the move with a rifle. I use Swaro 15x56's for serious glassing work, and my Swaro 20-60 spotter if I really need to reach out and see something.

I got a call and status update from Optics Planet today on my order - they are saying the 3000 BDX is 7-9 weeks away from shipping, I was impressed that they actually called on the phone - I was planning on comparing them to the Leica HD-B 2200 - but they will be gone by then. Can anyone provide an informed speculation as to the quality of the glass?

The HD-B glass is superb, and provides temperature and pressure in the ballistics solution but the option of getting the wind from a Kestrel in the Sig is a big deal and I have no doubt their rangefinder will be fast and accurate. I really like Sig and my P226 is one of my favorites. Plus even with the Leica 2200's on sale you could still get the Sig and a nice spotting scope for almost the same price. I bought it hoping it would not have the blue tint of the Nikons and Vortex. I would be satisfied if the glass was as good as my old Monarch X Nikons (no rangefinder) - I also cannot find any info on the warranty the BDX will provide. Thanks

Guyotrd,

My contact at Sig tells me the glass will be Zulu 5 level glass, so you are looking at a 3-400 set of binos with a great RF integrated. I am currently reviewing the 2400 BDX and a BDX scope, and the integration is pretty trick, but I would not expect them to compete with the Leica 2200 in terms of optical quality. At the price point of the 3000, something has to give. So essentially, you are looking at a choice between the connectivity with the Kestrel and the higher level glass of the Leica.

AFAIK, warranty will be the same as other Sig Electro-Optics RF's.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
My understanding is that the 3000 BDX will have the same laser and ranging performance as the 2400 RF's.

Reactions: triatleta
I have a set on order and I’m excited for the range finding and kestrel integration. Was hoping the glass would be a bit better but at this price I didn’t really expect it.

Has anyone compared the Zulu 5 to other binos? I haven’t had a pair in hand.

Reactions: 5RWill
It is an improvement over the 2400.
Yeah, I see that in the new catalog, they are quoting 5k for reflective, 2k IIRC, on trees and 1500 on deer, or something like that. The reflective aside, which went up alot, looks like they bumped their tree and deer estimates by a couple hundered yards. Last year, I was told the performance would be the same as the 2400...wonder if they changed hardware or they just upped their numbers based on what they are seeing with the 2400. Been testing mine, was not planning on testing a 3000 if the hardware is the same, but if they have improved it since we last discussed it, might need to see about getting one to try out.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Yeah, I see that in the new catalog, they are quoting 5k for reflective, 2k IIRC, on trees and 1500 on deer, or something like that. The reflective aside, which went up alot, looks like they bumped their tree and deer estimates by a couple hundered yards. Last year, I was told the performance would be the same as the 2400...wonder if they changed hardware or they just upped their numbers based on what they are seeing with the 2400. Been testing mine, was not planning on testing a 3000 if the hardware is the same, but if they have improved it since we last discussed it, might need to see about getting one to try out.
That's what I remember too, performance similar to 2400 but those numbers are up, I wonder if they did decide to delay shipment of the 3000's in order to put in a better LRF module, that's great to hear. But I still don't see the 3000BDX listed online, anyone have a specific link?

That's what I remember too, performance similar to 2400 but those numbers are up, I wonder if they did decide to delay shipment of the 3000's in order to put in a better LRF module, that's great to hear. But I still don't see the 3000BDX listed online, anyone have a specific link?

Scott @ Liberty Optics had somewhat guessed that shipping would be after SHOT show. I think the claim was middle of this month from SIG but I haven't seen any in stock or online either yet. I have an order in with Scott though and figure I should get one reasonably soon after true availability.

Sig publishes the catalogue where he declares 5k after Vortex has brought out the fury??

Sig publishes the catalogue where he declares 5k after Vortex has brought out the fury??
An interesting coincidence? I have a suspicion that only a few manufacturers make LRF units who then sell those units to the optics companies. The specs on the Sig Kilo 3000BDX and Vortex Fury 5000 HD are strikingly similar, it would be interesting to see how they compare side by side.

An interesting coincidence? I have a suspicion that only a few manufacturers make LRF units who then sell those units to the optics companies. The specs on the Sig Kilo 3000BDX and Vortex Fury 5000 HD are strikingly similar, it would be interesting to see how they compare side by side.
Anyone who out the old Fury next to the Nikon LRFBs knows this for a fact. They were completely indistinguishable.

Reactions: Glassaholic

The hardware wouldn't be the same. One is a monocular, and one is a binocular. I have a set sitting here on my desk. In our lab testing we saw about a 20% improvement over the 2400.

The hardware wouldn't be the same. One is a monocular, and one is a binocular. I have a set sitting here on my desk. In our lab testing we saw about a 20% improvement over the 2400.

How's the glass? Does it seem acceptable for the range performance?

Yeah, I talked to a friend at Sig after I posted this. He told me that some of the parts (receptor? cant remember ) are increased in size, hence the additional range. Think I may need to grab some of these to try out if I can swing it.

What do you think of the optics in terms of, where would/at what level, would you place them in terms of level?

Yeah, I talked to a friend at Sig after I posted this. He told me that some of the parts (receptor? cant remember ) are increased in size, hence the additional range. Think I may need to grab some of these to try out if I can swing it.

What do you think of the optics in terms of, where would/at what level, would you place them in terms of level?

Different people will percieve optics differently. Even something as simple as the color of your eyes can determine how you feel about a particular companies lenses an coatings. So instead of giving my opinion, I will simply post a couple through photos later.

Keep in mind, this was done using a cell phone while holding the binos free hand (no tripod).

20190117-161004.jpg

How's the glass? Does it seem acceptable for the range performance?

Here is an image, you be the judge. Remember this was done free hand, with a cell phone, and the internet sometimes lowers image quality. That barrier is about 1 mile away. The other side of the lake is about 5 miles away.

20190117-161330.jpg

Mine on order too and the pictures make me feel all warm and fuzzy that the glass won’t be making me feel like I’m missing out.

Thanks!!!

It's all personal preference so everyone will be different, but I would have rather had Sig build onto the 2400ABS model rather than do away with it for something new. Kinda stinks the new BDX models aren't as capable unless paired with a Kestrel (more $$$ to spend). Is there something obvious I am missing as to why this different approach is better than building onto the 2400ABS (such as releasing a 3000ABS)

Reactions: SNOW JW
I completely agree with bmicek...one more thing to carry, dick around with and kill batteries. Not to mention the ease of use of the Kestrel....I can't mention it because it's got a crappy UI and it's not easy to use. I too wish Sig had kept improving the 2400ABS....I'll be keeping mine.

Is the ranging capability of the 3000BDX tied to the Kestrel, or only the long range ballistics solution ability?
From what I am gathering, only the long range ballistics solution ability is tied to the Kestrel.

I have a 2400ABS and it has been pretty good, but I would much rather have a LRF in a 10x42 bino especially when hunting. I am looking forward to only carrying the 3000BDX LRF binos instead of the 2400ABS LRF with a pair of 10x42 binos.

I completely agree with bmicek...one more thing to carry, dick around with and kill batteries. Not to mention the ease of use of the Kestrel....I can't mention it because it's got a crappy UI and it's not easy to use. I too wish Sig had kept improving the 2400ABS....I'll be keeping mine.
I'm patiently waiting for some killer sales to come up for discontinuing the 2400ABS to pick one up for myself.

It's all personal preference so everyone will be different, but I would have rather had Sig build onto the 2400ABS model rather than do away with it for something new. Kinda stinks the new BDX models aren't as capable unless paired with a Kestrel (more $$$ to spend). Is there something obvious I am missing as to why this different approach is better than building onto the 2400ABS (such as releasing a 3000ABS)

I think the short answer is you couldn't have it for $1200. Maybe not even $1800 which is what a krestrel and 3000bdx would cost. I'm in agreement with you it would be amazing. A pair of binocs that has a firing solution and weather meter built into it that pairs with my phone. Would kill two birds with one stone for sure. Hell if they can get it to pair to apple watches or something like that would also make things very interesting. It's to note the 3000BDX still has AB lite and will get you 1 MOA out to 800yds. Pairing it with a kestrel with the full suite of AB obviously will be the most accurate solution if that's what you're looking for and need to go past 800yds. I would venture to guess depending on how these sell (that might not even matter) SIG is probably working on something in that realm.

I think the short answer is you couldn't have it for $1200. Maybe not even $1800 which is what a krestrel and 3000bdx would cost. I'm in agreement with you it would be amazing. A pair of binocs that has a firing solution and weather meter built into it that pairs with my phone. Would kill two birds with one stone for sure. Hell if they can get it to pair to apple watches or something like that would also make things very interesting. It's to note the 3000BDX still has AB lite and will get you 1 MOA out to 800yds. Pairing it with a kestrel with the full suite of AB obviously will be the most accurate solution if that's what you're looking for and need to go past 800yds. I would venture to guess depending on how these sell (that might not even matter) SIG is probably working on something in that realm.
Thats all great, but I dont see how they could ever incorporate a anemometer (wind) into a pair of binos also temperature would be affected by wearing them against your body. I love my 2400ABS, but hold onto it without gloves on or something to insulate your body heat and it throws the temperature way off.

Last edited:
Thats all great, but I dont see how they could ever incorporate a anemometer (wind) into a pair of binos also temperature would be affected by wearing them against your body. I love my 2400ABS, but hold onto it without gloves on or something to insulate your body heat and it throws the temperature way off.

This is exactly the reason I want the 3000bdx. I want my temp readings taken from something I can trust that also does wind if i need it to, and I can do that with a Kestrel set up on a tripod station.

I don't understand the argument that its more equipment really. The 2400 requires you to use your phone, and the wind meter

I think there's plenty of space for both these products to exist. Options are never bad.

Reactions: Steel+Killer

I meant to put that in there as well. I forgot about the issues with the 2400abs being warmed by the body

The 2400ABS can be used independent of a phone once your rifle and ballistic profiles are in the unit.
I don't use any of the wind devices....my wind calls are based on observing wind-sign along the bullet's path, through the scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: morganlamprecht
Putting wind aside for the moment, I think another exciting development here is the connection to the Foretrex. I don't have one, yet, but from what I understand, you get the full ab suite, GPS and weather capability, and the external temp sensor can be remotely located, so perhaps temp drift can be avoided or quickly clear, not sure. But theoretically, you could have the Foretrex on your wrist, binos in your pouch. And those two units would comprise a full ballistic solution, your bino solution, and your GPS as well. I know my pack is way too heavy, if that is true, I'll welcome that.

I'll be up talking to Sig tomorrow, but if it maps out as it seems, I am going to try and get one in the near future. Gotta finish my 2400 BDX review and the review on the scope first, but this looks like something I definitely want to take for a spin.