• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

How dare you tease us with those Kilo3000s lol

Sorry about that.

20190117_161708.jpg

Reactions: TheMammoth
So he Kilo3000BDX is for sure 10x42? For some reason i thought they were 8x42, i hope they are 10x42 though.

Hope they hit the dealers soon would like to put my hands on a set to look through.

Also was there any other new products like the BDX 3000 that hit the market during SHOT??

I've got a 2400BDX and a Kestrel 5700AB Elite and really like how they work together. To me, it's better than the 2400ABS as I don't have to use my phone at all (once the lrf and kestrel have been paired), I can get dope without having to range a target and since I can easily lock out the environmentals on the Kestrel when it's on my belt (and unlock them and give it a twirl every hour or so) they aren't affected by body heat, etc. Odds are I'll get a set of 3000BDX at some point just to be able to carry them instead of both a LRF and binos.

The only bit of workflow that I can't quite get to be faster is setting wind direction for multiple targets (in different DOFs). When you set direction of fire for target A and then either capture the wind or enter it (speed and direction) manually that wind direction is slaved to the DOF so that if you change the DOF the wind direction remains as it was entered or captured, instead of changing with the DOF, if that makes sense? It would be really cool if you could set or capture wind speed and direction independent of DOF (but still relative to a compass bearing) so that as you set different DOFs the wind data automatically updates to the new DOF.

What I plan to do now (this is mainly for team matches with all blind stages like the RTC) in a stage with say 3 targets (1 at 10:30, one at 12:00 and one at 1:30) is manually enter a simple wind value prior to the stage brief (10mph normally) and then enter the wind direction for each target while getting the brief. That way when the clock starts, I can range the targets and based on what my teammate and I decide the wind is doing velocity-wise, I can give him good dope (as it's easy to divide that 10mph value into 1mph slices under time pressure). If we get good hits on the first target, that wind hold (in mph, not in mils) should be good across the board since I've already inputted the wind directions into the Kestrel. If we need to adjust to hit, whatever wind hold we settle on (in mph) can then be applied to the other targets. This only really applies to shooting in a wide-ish arc at targets far enough away that the different DOFs affect your wind call significantly.

Are these shipping yet? Has anyone been able to get their hands on some and can comment on the glass quality?

I've got a 2400BDX and a Kestrel 5700AB Elite and really like how they work together. To me, it's better than the 2400ABS as I don't have to use my phone at all (once the lrf and kestrel have been paired), I can get dope without having to range a target and since I can easily lock out the environmentals on the Kestrel when it's on my belt (and unlock them and give it a twirl every hour or so) they aren't affected by body heat, etc. Odds are I'll get a set of 3000BDX at some point just to be able to carry them instead of both a LRF and binos.

The only bit of workflow that I can't quite get to be faster is setting wind direction for multiple targets (in different DOFs). When you set direction of fire for target A and then either capture the wind or enter it (speed and direction) manually that wind direction is slaved to the DOF so that if you change the DOF the wind direction remains as it was entered or captured, instead of changing with the DOF, if that makes sense? It would be really cool if you could set or capture wind speed and direction independent of DOF (but still relative to a compass bearing) so that as you set different DOFs the wind data automatically updates to the new DOF.

What I plan to do now (this is mainly for team matches with all blind stages like the RTC) in a stage with say 3 targets (1 at 10:30, one at 12:00 and one at 1:30) is manually enter a simple wind value prior to the stage brief (10mph normally) and then enter the wind direction for each target while getting the brief. That way when the clock starts, I can range the targets and based on what my teammate and I decide the wind is doing velocity-wise, I can give him good dope (as it's easy to divide that 10mph value into 1mph slices under time pressure). If we get good hits on the first target, that wind hold (in mph, not in mils) should be good across the board since I've already inputted the wind directions into the Kestrel. If we need to adjust to hit, whatever wind hold we settle on (in mph) can then be applied to the other targets. This only really applies to shooting in a wide-ish arc at targets far enough away that the different DOFs affect your wind call significantly.

Have you tried the target modification feature of the App? Take a look at this: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/sup...stics-online-guide/#_Target_Card_Multi-Target

Have you tried the target modification feature of the App? Take a look at this: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/sup...stics-online-guide/#_Target_Card_Multi-Target

I'll have to try that out, thanks! Problem with using my phone though is it's pretty cold up here in BC, Canada right now and it doesn't take long for my phone to die. That's why I wish you could set a wind azimuth independently of DOF. If you think about it, it makes sense. For engaging multiple targets from one firing position your wind strength and azimuth won't change but the DOF for the different targets will.

I'll have to try that out, thanks! Problem with using my phone though is it's pretty cold up here in BC, Canada right now and it doesn't take long for my phone to die. That's why I wish you could set a wind azimuth independently of DOF. If you think about it, it makes sense. For engaging multiple targets from one firing position your wind strength and azimuth won't change but the DOF for the different targets will.

The app can also use the onboard sensors from the Kestrel to determine some of the inputs.

Reactions: dgheriani
Is there any discussion of bumping the mag to 15x? I think this would be a significant market opportunity as it would basically allow guys to consolidate their pack.

i find it very curious that this isn't even listed on sig's site. for me it's going to come down to this and the updated vortex hd fury 2. received notification this morning that the vortex is now in stock. they both look remarkably similar in terms of range, dimensions, etc. really comes down to whether i want the bdx feature. at the same price (it seems) the sig might be the way to go, but the hoops i have to jump through to get basic info on this and to try to nail down availability is making me think vortex

How will the binos work with the new Kestrel HUD? I assume that if both the HUD and the 3000 BDX are paired to the kestrel that by lasing a target it would update the kestrel which in turn would update the HUD. @DocUSMCRetired if you have worked with the Kestrel HUD will it work that way?

How will the binos work with the new Kestrel HUD? I assume that if both the HUD and the 3000 BDX are paired to the kestrel that by lasing a target it would update the kestrel which in turn would update the HUD. @DocUSMCRetired if you have worked with the Kestrel HUD will it work that way?

The Kestrel would require new FW that allows for 2 connections at the same time. I know something like this was being looked at.

Interested in seeing this play out too. I will probably go with the Terrapin X as I do care that it's made in Poland and not China.

Not sure the sig BDX3000 is china or Japan. I would be OK with Japan.

Reactions: TheMammoth
I wouldn't be too sure of that until you have a tracking number in hand
To go even further some places create a shipping label right after the order is placed even on a back ordered item so the tracking number sits at idle status kind of like this "A SHIPPING LABEL HAS BEEN GENERATED BY THE SHIPPER AND AWAITING PICKUP" so don't break out the champagne until you check the tracking number and there is "movement" on it.

If Brownells says it's in stock, it's in stock. Anyway, trying to get info on environmental specs on this. Assuming it's similar to other kilo models, but can't find much about them either. Looking for waterproof rating, drop rating etc

I ordered on Friday from Midway USA with an expected ship date in April. They had a 20% off BDX so $960, pretty good. I got a 4.5-14x50 BDX scope to go with it (also 20% off).

It seems like the Kilo 3000 is close to identical to the new Vortex LRF binoculars (beside the Bluetooth and AB Ultralight solver).

I'm willing to be an early adopter at that price point and I assume it's all Chinese or Japanese made and the LRF engine is a copy of the Terrapin X setup because the beam divergence and ranging performance seem to be fairly close to each other (if you can believe the reports of the Kilo 3000 at Shot 2019).

Does anyone have info on who is making the optics and LRF engine?

Also, I have heard Sig employees mention a second wave of BDX scope products. Is there any indication of what those are going to be?

I'm hoping the scopes start going up market, maybe a FFP scope with a sensor on the elevation dial instead of the magnification ring so that we can dial the elevation to make the BDX dots work at very extended ranges.

I ordered on Friday from Midway USA with an expected ship date in April. They had a 20% off BDX so $960, pretty good. I got a 4.5-14x50 BDX scope to go with it (also 20% off).

It seems like the Kilo 3000 is close to identical to the new Vortex LRF binoculars (beside the Bluetooth and AB Ultralight solver).

I'm willing to be an early adopter at that price point and I assume it's all Chinese or Japanese made and the LRF engine is a copy of the Terrapin X setup because the beam divergence and ranging performance seem to be fairly close to each other (if you can believe the reports of the Kilo 3000 at Shot 2019).

Does anyone have info on who is making the optics and LRF engine?

Also, I have heard Sig employees mention a second wave of BDX scope products. Is there any indication of what those are going to be?

I'm hoping the scopes start going up market, maybe a FFP scope with a sensor on the elevation dial instead of the magnification ring so that we can dial the elevation to make the BDX dots work at very extended ranges.

The laser setup is not a copy of the Terrapin. You should see a slight performance advantage. I know exactly where the LRF Engine came from.

Their will be more products, but what those products are, are a closely guarded secret at this time. Probably some things you are not expecting.

Reactions: JW74
A target cam?

I bought one BDX scope to try the system but slightly reluctantly because I want to use it for 1,000 yards+.

I get that the initial release was for hunters shooting at shorter range which is good marketing but not the ultimate potential of the system.

I want to see what a $2,000 MSRP BDX scope looks like.

Does anyone know if you can create different profiles on the app to accommodate switch barrel rifles?

The laser setup is not a copy of the Terrapin. You should see a slight performance advantage. I know exactly where the LRF Engine came from.

Their will be more products, but what those products are, are a closely guarded secret at this time. Probably some things you are not expecting.
Doc, a guy in a different thread just received a set of these bino's from Brownells. He shows a picture and they look great. What is the deal, are these available now, are these a test unit, or something else? Thanks

I just got my scope, the binoculars are still backordered, scheduled for April.

The scope seems nice so far but I haven't done any A-B testing yet.

I'm really looking forward to getting everything together, BDX scope, BDX binocular LRF and Kestrel.

Please be a spotting scope with a FFP reticle and rangefinder!

These are a review set, but I understand they should be available shortly.

Are they going to be available in black? I keep looking for a 20% off coupon from retailers but doesn’t appear to be any right now...the waiting game begins...