• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sightmark scope

terryk20

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2020
lancaster pa
Hello everyone terry here i just got my new sightmark citadel 3-18x50 scope yesterday and mounted it on my Thompson center compass 7mm08 looking forward to a mule deer hunt come fall has anyone used the sightmark citadel 3-18x50 scope i took a chance on it the reviews on the website were good but I want some first hand opinions

You already bought it. Our opinion doesn't matter. Put it throught the paces, and you tell us how it works out.

Hi,

There is a pretty good reason your first thread back in December did not get any replies/comments...

Precision Rifle Gear - sightmark scopes | Sniper's Hide Forum

The old saying of "If you do not have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all" more than likely applied.

Really is wrong audience here on SH for that sort of optics utilization. Most of the members here have some pretty tough requirements for their optics and will not take much part in lowering their requirements.

Sincerely,
Theis

So you bought the scope, and now want US to tell you about it?!

1611441765633.png

It looks about like a Vortex Diamondback tactical.... with a different zoom ratio (looks like they have the exact same reticle).

I would test it pretty hard before being confident in it for a hunt.... but it should be usable. It has a lot of features for the price- and that often means that the quality is lacking. Not a fan of scopes with exposed turrets that don't have a zero stop.

As already stated- now that you have it test the hell out of it. And then you can let people know if it's a hidden gem or one to pass by.