• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Sightmark Thermal?

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
Well this is interesting.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Had one for a few months prior to release, and shot on several platforms. I believe its an outstanding alternative to the china sensor stuff if that is something you're avoiding. Records on a mini sd and has fantastic audio. These have a sub 40 lynred ( ulis) french 384 and a 1024 display....also has a ACOG footprint so it has many mount options. I'm running the demo one on a dual qd MI mount.

20230501_202539.jpg

Screenshot_20230505_142441_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Rain proof.....:)
There is a difference between water resistant and water proof.

If dropped in a few feet of water, my rifle would still work, even with a daylight scope.

The words "water" and "electronics" should not be used in the same sentence.

• Love
How about the cold? Mini Wraith craps out on me at 40+ degrees. Need to use an external battery pack and keep it in my coat. :(

(For clarification, I meant the digital NV Mini Wraith. I knew they didn't like the cold, but when I couldn't get it to turn on at 44 degrees, I was a bit shocked. That's not cold, especially if you're talking night time winter predator hunting)

Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231
I don't have alot of thermal knowledge to keep up with all of what it out there but it seems to be a decent for the price range. Its tempting for sure, i do like the size

I don't have alot of thermal knowledge to keep up with all of what it out there but it seems to be a decent for the price range. Its tempting for sure, i do like the size
Yep, it is an aluminum housing and will run on rechargeable RCR 123 and is priced right. Looks like a pretty good deal. Only thing I do not like from the looks of it, is that it would be pretty easy to accidentally hit the release on the battery compartment top while your rifle was slung over your shoulder.

Reactions: warnera1102
Had one for a few months prior to release, and shot on several platforms. I believe its an outstanding alternative to the china sensor stuff if that is something you're avoiding. Records on a mini sd and has fantastic audio. These have a sub 40 lynred ( ulis) french 384 and a 1024 display....also has a ACOG footprint so it has many mount options. I'm running the demo one on a dual qd MI mount.

View attachment 8135293

View attachment 8135294

Would you say it's comparable to the Burris bts?

I asked..........it is ipx65 rated for water. which is low pressure water jets. Not submersible. Remember it is $1999. We have them on the shelf currently and QD mounts.
I'll have to pass. I would like it to be IP67.

Would you say it's comparable to the Burris bts?
I have several of the Burris BTS thermals in 35mm and 50mm. I am not familiar with the Wraith. I like the Burris BTS for the money. The drawback is that it's Chinese manufacture. Pardon me while I slip into something flame retardant.

What I like about the Burris over the Wraith, is that IP67 rating.

He doesn’t say whether this is waterproof or dust proof.

Yeah, if I was a salesman or doing a review, I'D TELL IT ALL. Being waterproof and dustproof are tantamount to having a great device.

I'd be singing it like a Preacher at a Hard Shell Baptist Black Church.

So if they ain't singing it, I'd be suspect.