• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Sightmark Wraith

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
My question is has anyone had any first hand experience with the Sightmark Wraith?
Don't get me wrong I would love to have something nicer but its hard to justify me spending that kind of money for something that will be used 2 or 3 times.
I have a small peice of hunting property I need to remove a few coyotes from in which the longest shot maybe 200 yards.

Just got mine 2 days ago. 4-32X50. Got it mounted last night and played with it. I believe it will be O.K. for up to 200-250 yds. I'll get it sighted in Sat. morn and hunt with it that night. I was going to wait for the 4K model for $800 but nobody has a clue when they will ship. I just found out that my state Ky. just opened up night hunting with rifle and night vision Dec.1 Night hunting here has always been shotgun only on coyotes. Anyway I can't wait to try it out. The only thing I've noticed so far is when you look through the scope then look away you have severe night blindness in your right eye. I guess there is no getting around that. Will try to report results God willing.

Just got mine 2 days ago. 4-32X50. Got it mounted last night and played with it. I believe it will be O.K. for up to 200-250 yds. I'll get it sighted in Sat. morn and hunt with it that night. I was going to wait for the 4K model for $800 but nobody has a clue when they will ship. I just found out that my state Ky. just opened up night hunting with rifle and night vision Dec.1 Night hunting here has always been shotgun only on coyotes. Anyway I can't wait to try it out. The only thing I've noticed so far is when you look through the scope then look away you have severe night blindness in your right eye. I guess there is no getting around that. Will try to report results God willing.
Awesome please keep us updated.
Do you think with a better IR illuminator it may help?

Just an update.
I have been pretty impressed with performance of these digital night vision scopes. Now the only thing I have ever looked through at night was a pulsar thermion thermal which is a completely different level. Considering how much I hunt at night and the distance this is perfect for my needs. I have hunted with no moon and raining, you definitely have to use the IR light on high, I could make out deer at 250-300 yards with the light in a "spot" mode.Here is a picture I took last night with about 60% moon, little cloud cover and my IR light on medium power. These geese are at about 170ish yards. Once again thank you Doug at camerland NY for all the help.
SIMA0003.jpg
SIMA0004.jpg

Attachments

• SIMA0003.jpg
    SIMA0003.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 67
Considering the price, those are impressive images.