• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron FFP

Opticsplanet. They are selling for $810 with their Cyber Monday code.

That's $180.00 under what Brownell's is selling the Vortex PST 6-24x50 ffp in their spam ads right now.

Their price on the scope yesterday was 899 before the coupon. So after the coupon, it was 810. You can get them to beat grabagun's price on it which is 826 by live chatting with them. SWFA also does a 110% price guarantee, so I bet they will give a price close to that.

Last edited:
Their price on the scope yesterday was 899 before the coupon. So after the coupon, it was 810. You can get them to beat grabagun's price on it which is 826 by live chatting with them. SWFA also does a 110% price guarantee, so I bet they will give a price close to that.

I'll try SWFA. I did a live chat with Optics Planet and they refused to even look up the old price for me. They made no effort at all.

Last edited:
Not enough time to really test this thing yet and it's colder than heck right now. What I can write; however, is that after seeing how the exposed turrets are attached and how easily they slip...... I definitely can't recommend this scope for practical use. I don't care how good the glass is or how nice the clicks feel, the engineering behind the attachment of the turrets is an absolute fucking farce. No splines or fuck all to locate these things in place, just a slight bit of tension from one centrally placed screw and if you turn the turrets too hard or fast, they free wheel. Fuck I'm mad after seeing this...lol. I wonder if sightron has a rep on here to rationalize this bull shit?

It has not been an issue on mine but it's nothing a little loctite can't fix. I don't see it becoming an issue. Will report back if it does.

Definitely a thumbs up. I was able to shoot a .25" group at 200m using my 6.5 lapua at 24x. I never had the opportunity to box test or run it out to 1000m and back. I originally purchased an hdmr for this rifle and promptly returned it. Imho the glass in this scope is superior to the hdmr.

".25" group at 200m" that's pretty good shooting, was that a 5 shot group? Was this with the new FFP Sightron, milrad or moa?

What are you wanting to know?

I know that I've been using mine pretty heavily since I got it on my rifle last October. Well over 1500 rounds under it, including a few local fpr matches and the pro/am gap grind this month. The glass does everything I need it to and more and the mil-hash reticle works great. I've dialed the turrets nine ways 'till Tuesday and back more times than I'd care to count.

Is it as as rugged as a bushy/vortex/Nightforce? No, but is it a great optic for less than $900? Yes. Plus, I don't hear anyone having to try out CS yet either. That is a plus.

This will likely not be my last Sightron.

Not FFP but I have had the 8-32x56LRMOA for a couple years on my 338 Lapua. I did have the top turret freewheel on me once and nearly ended a hunt. I since tightened it up tight as I dare and it hasn't come loose since. The clicks don't give me the billet machined feel at all but they work. It tracks perfect. It's been banged up and has some good gouges in it and the exposed turrets are beat but it still works great. We have shot it out to 1901 yards and have been very pleased with it overall. To my eyes the glass itself is as functional as any NF I have played with. It walks all over the PST glass. Again just my observation. If I could justify it I would be using much more expensive glass. If they would make the turrets like NF or even large diameter Mark 4's it would be a great scope.

I also had my top turret loosen and spin on me, but during a local match. It almost ended the match for me, except that I had taken the time beforehand to slightly mark my zero on the turret with a knife. They allowed me two shots to check my zero and I was back in action. When I got home, I double-checked zero and placed a small drop of blue loctite on the screw for the turret. It's something I would suggest for owners of this scope who plan on using the turrets heavily. I since shot the recent Bushnell/Gap Grind Pro/Am with no issues at all with that.

So I agree that there is room for improvement there. For anyone who doesn't plan on heavy hunting or field competition use, this will likely not ever be an issue.

Found that Midway had a couple of these ffp scopes in the mil/mil version available on sale at $730 with free shipping late last week. That's over $50 under my dealer cost for a 2nd fp 6-24x50 LRMOA, so I ordered one. Was supposed to be delivered to my P.O. yesterday (Monday), but a couple of bags of mail with packages addressed here were mistakenly delivered to the next little town/county seat 48mi west of here, so I didn't get it until today.

The outside shipping box was dinged a bit, so I opened it while I was still in town, only to find that the factory box item label showed it was supposed to have .25 MOA knobs. That got me goin', so I opened the product box to check the knobs, and found they were .1 mil as advertised on Midway's online catalog. Not crazy about the way they marked the knobs though - the numerical markings start at 5 instead of .5, so when you dial up 1.5 mils, it shows 15, 2 mils shows 20, etc. I'd have preferred they either engrave a decimal point, or leave out the half-mil "5" markings. Whatever - perhaps the mis-matched box description & scope were the reason they marked this scope down. Price shown online for these scopes is now showing $1015. Long as it tracks as well as the several other SIII 6-24s I have on other rifles, I'll get along with it.