• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SIGLITE vs. Trijicon

ewoaf

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2009
    Albemarle VA
    beaurobbins.com
    Considering upgrading my stock contrast sights on my P226 for something with tritium. Reading in my Midway catalog they offer Truglo set for around $100, The trijicon set for $80, or the SIGLITE set for just under $50. If anyone can offer experiences with any of these I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking the SIGLITE would be way better than the contrast sights I have now, but still wondering if getting the trijicon set is worth the extra $30 or so.

Re: SIGLITE vs. Trijicon

According to Sig the Siglite bodies are made by Sig with Trijicon tritium capsules. They should be of the same quality. That said, my department has had several Siglite rear sights have the left lamp go out after a few months (no sign of damage or abuse). Sig did replace them under warranty. I have a personal P226 whose Siglites are going strong after about 12 years. YMMV