• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
I'e always been a fan of Sig Sauer pistols.... especially the 226. Enuf that I went and got a second slide with Romeo red dot in addition to my standard with nite sights.

But I found a good deal (for around here anyway) on a P220 in 45ACP ($729)

Single stack 8 round , the added E2 grip fits my hand great. Has such a perfect NPA for me.

Wasn't sure I'd like 45ACP but for a bullet twice the weight of 115 gr 9mm, it shoots amazingly soft. Way more accurate than me.

Have mid 90s P220 and P228. They eat anything I put thru them. Always been a Sig fan. Wish they would bring back the purplish finish they had on them back in the 80s.

Reactions: garandman
Expensive. And worth it. :)

Also had a 229 and 239 at various times. Also excellent guns.

I have a 226, a 320, and a m11-a1 and they are all excellent, accurate, and reliable shooters.

Had a 226 stainless and a 226 scorpion. Sold the stainless one and traded the scorpion for a glock with a fair amount of work done and a bunch of extras. I always hated glocks bit found out I shot my buddies glocks better than my own sigs so it was time to change it up.

Reactions: 6brshooter
I absolutely love the P210, p226 and the 232sl. My p225 (single stack 9mm) is also very nice, notable for it's very comfortable grip, not sure why i don't shoot it all that often. Might have to get it out of the safe.

All but the p225 have been further optimized by Bruce Gray (grayguns.com) such that their actions are absolutely wonderful. I wish i had Bruce Gray work on the 225, unfortunately i had the trigger job done by another well established smith and while it is perfectly fine, it pales in comparison to the Grayguns triggers. The 232sl is really sleek and pretty. A bit snappy as a 380 but surprisingly accurate and returns to a natural point of aim very quickly.

All are wonderfully accurate and reliable.

The p210 is pretty cool, shoots great, looks really pretty to my eye and the grip and overall feel is near perfect. Trigger action is kind of neat, it pivots at the top rather than pulling straight back like a 1911. The break is lovely but i think Bruce may have helped that as well.

Thought i'd love the A2 grips on the p226, they felt great at first but i found i shot the p226 better with the standard grips...I guess that's the thing about grips, the fit is as i should have expected, very individual. Ultimately the proof is in the pudding.

Congratulations by the way. Lovely collections. Wish we could get some of these models here in Ca. It's quite disappointing. Thankfully there are lots of p226s and p220s available.

I have a friend who has a first generation Mastershop X6 and its glorious. His has an aluminum frame and steel slide. Grip is a little generous (kind of reminds me of a 2011) but shoots so accurately with awesome sights.

Pics aren't the best, and I'm down a few since I gave one to each of my kids.

P series Classics: P220 SAO 45, P229 DA/SA 40 S&W, P220 DA/SA 45, P938 9mm
Classics.jpg

P320 X Pro 9mm, P365 9mm
Striker Fired.jpg

M400 5.56 Work Rifle
Work AR.jpg

I'll always have a few Sigs in my stable. The P series IMHO is one of the best DA/SA pistols ever made.

One of my biggest regrets, is selling My 226 X5 Tactical lol. It was hands down the most accurate pistol I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. Would buy another in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

I'll always have a few Sigs in my stable. The P series IMHO is one of the best DA/SA pistols ever made.

One of my biggest regrets, is selling My 226 X5 Tactical lol. It was hands down the most accurate pistol I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. Would buy another in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

:)

Reactions: Vargmat
I was issued a P226 during my "Government temp job" in Lebanon, back in 1991. It was a quality gun and would shoot too - but I thought the grip was too large for my hands. That didn't stop me from becoming the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon Pistol Champion in that summer.

We had a pistol range next to the camp gate, and some time before the big contest our pistol team was shooting there when an Irish Sergeant (?) dropped by to observe. He noted that we couldn't possibly be the best shooters we had for the contest... :p

got my first Sig in 1992, a P226 in 9mm.
never let me down and after 25 years, it decided it deserved a nice peaceful retirement, plus my eyes aren't what they used to be.

old school and new school

I've got 4 sig pistols
2 p938s mine and her carry guns
And 2 p226s one is an E2 circa 2013 and a 1987 w Germany model

Really want to get a p365 and a p320

What does everyone do to put an rmr on there slides? Order new ones or have a gunsmith mill them?

I've got 4 sig pistols
2 p938s mine and her carry guns
And 2 p226s one is an E2 circa 2013 and a 1987 w Germany model

Really want to get a p365 and a p320

What does everyone do to put an rmr on there slides? Order new ones or have a gunsmith mill them?

i bought the legion used with iron sights, and got the RX slide kit afterwards.

i didn't really want to give up the ability to run the regular slide with iron sights, particularly because there are limits on holsters that will fit the optic, and i want to be able to keep good retention if i have to carry in public for any reason.

My 3rd Sig is a P229 Enhanced Elite, but i swapped out the E2 grips for G10 checkered grips and a non-california slide with x-ray3 sights.

First issued duty gun here, Sig P226. I shoot Glocks better on average, but I’m happy I was able to buy this.

Need some Dawson fiber optic sights and the SRT kit as the long trigger reset is very annoying for me. I think those two upgrades will really work for me.

223909F3-69BA-46DA-AC9E-F3CCA5562ACA.jpeg

6E08FFF2-3337-4D42-BCDC-EAD660EA467D.jpeg

Update with the SRT kit and a Grey Guns P-Sait flat trigger. Whole new gun now! Love it! Now if I could figure out how to shoot without depressing the slide release I’d be good to go.

Seriously though, anytime I shoot it it will not lock back because my firing hand thumb hits the slide release lever, advise?

I used a EGW sight mount for this critter gun. An inexpensive simple solution.
IMG_0076 copy.JPG
IMG_9085 copy 2.JPG

Point? If you read the actual article in confirms my statement. A west German sig is going to be made almost entirely of quality German and swiss parts, even if later ones were assembled in the US. Chances are they weren't and even early US sig produced guns were mostly using quality imported parts.

US produced (or Indian or whatever 3rd world shithole they can pad the margins) guns and components have always been shit. They took one of the most valuable names in the firearm world and destroyed that reputation in less than a decade.

Hence why if you get a west German sig, it's virtually guarrenteed to be very high quality.

And that is why they command soo much money on the secondary market. Collectors and sig fans know this. US sigs are overpriced, unreliable trash made cheaply and poorly. They do virtually zero testing and use their customers as beta testers. They have one of the worst RMA processes in the industry and it costs a fortune to have them fix their fuck ups. It's not for lack of capability. SigUSA could make fantastic guns if they actually cared or wanted to. It's 100% due to greed by fuckheads like Cohen and greedy ownership who always puts $ over quality.

So next time you want to hit and run with an article and zero actual information, you might want to have some actual knowledge of the subject at hand.