• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silenced America...anybody heard from those guys lately?

clark98ut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2007
Liberty Hill, TX
I'm sure they're extremely busy, but I'm worried about a Form 4 that was submitted and the check (to BATFE) hasn't been cashed for almost 2 months.

Thanks,

Dan

I have a number that you can try for them, 806-570-3712, it is the number I used in communicating with them in Jan. Hope you get this figured out.

Thanks. I called Scott on that number a minute ago and got his vmail. I've bought two suppressors through them in the past, so I'm sure there's just something going on.

Scott or Kat answer the phone every time I call 806-418-8855. Scott is the man. On my 3rd can from him, and he's always helpful. Great company.

If BATFE hasn't cashed it, and it's been two months, I'd check with NFA branch regarding the serial number. If they show nothing pending, and no check cashed...it's time to send it in again.

I'm having similar sluggishness myself. I don't think it's SA though. Let me explain...

I bought a can from them in early Jan and it took a month for the check to cash. A full month after the check cashing the serial # isn't in the system when I called to check it's status. The ATF mentioned that this process can take up to 6 weeks.

I'm not happy but I don't think I can fault SA for this problem. It's the NFA Branch at the ATF. One good thing is that we have Scott to call and fight the monster for us and I'm sure he will.

I sent [email protected] an email with my concern. No reponse but that was only on Thursday. I got their auto reply telling me they're busy and asking me to be patient. In the email, it did say to contact Dustin if I felt like I wasn't being taken care of in a timely fashion. If you don't have his email, it's [email protected].

My last can through SA was a little too easy. Sorry you're having trouble. Hope this helps relieve some anxiety.

Last edited:
We are still here and we greatly appreciate your continued business and support. I really apoligize for being somewhat tardy with my PM's and Scott is working on a few website improvements that everyone should really like. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have and once again, we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

I tried to buy 2 silencers as well as aac comps a year ago. Had a deal worked out with Scott and then he just disappeared. After 5 emails to him with no response, I just gave up. Hope you have better luck with communication.

K9-

Next time you call the NFA branch to check on the status of your transfer application, ask them the received date of the transfer. The "pending" date is when the application was entered into the database and nothing more. More often than not, when a check is cashed months down the road: a) the dealer didn't send in the application and check, b) the application didn't have tax payment, c) the application was sent to the wrong location and delayed, d) the application was "lost" in the mail or e) all of the above.

While I'm not defending ATF or blaming any one dealer, the proof can be had by asking the right questions. When I was at the SHOT show this year, I had a chance encounter with the chief of the NFA branch and one of the supervisors. I asked some pertinent questions and was given straight forward answers. Here is what I remember/understand from what we discussed:

When the application and the check arrive in Atlanta--Bank of America does the processing, not ATF---they are sorted by the date of their arrival and the checks are processed on a first come first served basis. As a general rule the checks are cashed within a week or two of arriving at the Atlanta facility. Next the applications (sans check) are packaged and sent back to Martinsburg where they wait to be entered into the database by the NFA staff. Once they are entered (generally two plus weeks from when they arrive in Martinsburg), they are given a folder number, a pending date and boxed in chronological order with other applications served by a specific examiner.

Fast forward five plus months and they are finally dusted off by a research assistant (I think that is what they are called) and checked for errors and omissions. If there isn't any problems with the application they are given to the examiner for final scrutiny and approval.

When I had a follow up conversation on a brief tour back in late February, we were told that January and December saw the largest increase in volume of applications in the history of the NFA. Unfortunately I see the processing times of all applications taking much longer in the coming months.

Last edited:
Scott is having the grand opening for the new shop in Amarillo today thats why he has been so busy, It has been a very lengthy process trying to get that place open. Next time anyone needs something call me at 972.416.7222 or email me at [email protected] I'm the manager for the Carrollton location.

I did a nfa trust with with my brother and orders a can and didn't think to make sure the check got cashed and seven months lator
When I was doing my taxes I realized it and went up to silenced America an he said that my paperwork had been sent in right when the web filing started but mine hadn't been filed online so he checked the sn and it hadn't gone through so he pulled it and refilled online and now I've got hopefully just a month left.

Also I know scot at silenced and I live about a mile from the store here in Amarillo. They have a great team here and josh that works there goes to my church and is one of the most hard working honest people alive. Contact him at the store in Amarillo and he will do anything you need. He threads barrels, builds nice ar15s, and will answer any questions you have.

I don't care who you use, you should call and check on your status yourself after 6-8 weeks of filing. You're dealing with the government. ATF just misplaced my stamp, I got a copy, but I'll never get the original. Shit happens, and you gotta watch out for it.