• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors SilencerCo fixed it ... FOR FREE (and it was MY fault)

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I'm embarrassed to say that I screwed up mounting my Chimera-300 to my ASR brake, and literally shot it off my rifle. Totally my fault, and after screwing it on I remember saying to myself "Wow, that only took a couple of rotations ... I'm sure it's fine." It wasn't. I literally missed the threads, and on the first shot it launched off my MPA-300-WM and into the sand about 20 yards ahead of my bench. I was horrified. End-cap was shattered, and there was visible baffle damage. I cried real tears. Have you ever had to call a "Cease Fire" at your range, to walk 20 yards down-range to retrieve the suppressor you just destroyed? It's not fun.

I contacted SilencerCo and they gave me an RMA and return instructions. They told me they'd assess it, and let me know if it was repairable and what it would cost. I sent them the suppressor about two weeks ago using the label they provided.

My Chimera-300 just returned home ... looking brand new. Replaced baffles and end-cap ... ready to shoot.

Didn't cost me a cent. Not for repairs, not for shipping, not for a new end-cap, not for NUTHIN', and it took less than two weeks (including shipping both ways).

Did I mention it was MY FAULT?

I am super-impressed with this company, and so glad that all seven of my suppressors are from SilencerCo. I've had so many crappy experiences with firearms and accessory manufacturers, that I just had to share this absolutely fantastic support experience.

There it is ... back in "Can-Case Slot-#3" where it belongs.

IMG_4133.jpg

Nice! Hope to never have your experience, but nice to know that they are still helping customers in such a great way.

PS: Omega still sounds great after all these years!

Thanks for the report, nice to hear them doing things above and beyond.