• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Silencershop Kiosk

Silvereyes87

The path to nowhere is paved with excuses.
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2020
Victoria TX
So I was picking up a rifle at my local gunshop. I noticed there was a silencer shop kiosk. Looked on their website and bought my tax stamp and my chosen suppressor. I went with the q, half nelson.
So I did my finger prints and forms. I chose to go the individual route over a trust .
When I recieved my email confirmation
It says, "
looks like we still need some registration information from you. Take some time to go through the missing items below so we can get your transfer started as soon as possible!

You can login to your account using your Silencer Shop username and password."

So I log into the silencer shop app and take a pic.... that's what it wanted.
Question #1. Does anyone know if that was good enough to get things started?

AQABAACAAAAAAWoAAAAAAAAAAHNGKgAAAAAAAWcAAAAAACR_5QAAAAAAKkZzAAAAAAAkf-U=
We still need a passport-style photo - Click this link to upload it now
Question #2. If I want to add a trust later for this or any suppressors in the future is that possible with this one?

Question 3. It says this aswell in my email confirmation.
Form 3: Awaiting Submission
Form 4: Awaiting Review

I did individual route. Why would this be on there? I plan to call the company when I have sometime. Just asking if anyone knows anything about this?.

Thanks!
SIL

Last edited:
You are good. Now silencershop complies everything and you will be emailed the forms to sign.

You can add it to a trust later but you’ll have to pay for another tax stamp and do the process again just you already have the can during the “wait” next time.

Reactions: Silvereyes87
You are good. Now silencershop complies everything and you will be emailed the forms to sign.

You can add it to a trust later but you’ll have to pay for another tax stamp and do the process again just you already have the can during the “wait” next time.
Thanks man I appreciate the reply. I did a signature sign on the kiosk so perhaps no more signatures will be sent. I appreciate it bud .

Reactions: DangerRanger
Silencershop checks all the paperwork for you. If something is wrong they’ll tell you. You should get a docusign email with your form 4 which will require e-signatures. You want this so you can go over it, look for inconsistencies, and print the form(I like to anyways).

If you are having any thoughts about doing a trust(not a trust “fund”) just do it now. It’s just going to cost you more later (another $200 stamp) to transfer your stuff to a trust.

Reactions: Silvereyes87
Silencershop checks all the paperwork for you. If something is wrong they’ll tell you. You should get a docusign email with your form 4 which will require e-signatures. You want this so you can go over it, look for inconsistencies, and print the form(I like to anyways).

If you are having any thoughts about doing a trust(not a trust “fund”) just do it now. It’s just going to cost you more later (another $200 stamp) to transfer your stuff to a trust.

Thanks for the correction. Stupid spell check lol. I'll consider putting in a trust. Right now I just have my wife and 2 year old daughter. Both of which I dont know if either would be interested in owning my rifle suppressor haha. But I do appreciate the reply. But if I did have a son one day I'd consider doing a trust for him.

My local shop has a kiosk but they charge $50 cash only to use it unless you buy through them. I'll just get the card for $6 and have SS digitize it.

You can do the trusts through their website without the kiosk. That’s how I did mine. They also have an app where you can do the picture and info if you want to save the $50.

Is the fee to use the kiosk normal in everyone's experience? I was going to go that route but I would have to drive over an hour (rural life) to get to a dealer with a kiosk, so a $50 fee on top would sway me in the other direction.

Is the fee to use the kiosk normal in everyone's experience? I was going to go that route but I would have to drive over an hour (rural life) to get to a dealer with a kiosk, so a $50 fee on top would sway me in the other direction.
3D7695A5-B4AB-486D-9255-A13D4F31B9E9.jpeg

Reactions: jb0311

Per the guidance pasted above, the fee should not exceed $40. However, if the shop is a SilencerShop Powered dealer there should be no charge. I drove an additional 20 minutes to a shop with a kiosk who was a SS Powered dealer and didn't get charged.

Looks like everything has been answered correctly on here so far, but I would like to add that one advantage of the Single Shot Trusts is that, since you are using a new trust for each purchase, your responsible parties never have to be fingerprinted and aren't part of the Form 4 packet at all. The trust will come with a responsible party addendum in which you can add them after approval. The ATF only requires demographics and fingerprints for the trustees at the time of submission.

Additionally, it is filled out on our side and you don't have to touch any paperwork. With a traditional trust, you would have to have it notarized and sent back to us. The latter isn't a huge deal since you only have to do that once, but worth mentioning.

Reactions: deersniper
I purchased a silencer, tax stamp and single shot trust from y’all on 3/5/20 and have not heard back from you since.

I seem to be stuck at Step 7 (electronically sign the form 4) and have not received an email from you yet.

I did not call sooner because I thought signing at the kiosk handled it.

I called your office and the guy said that the way I purchased it, the silencer was sent to the dealer and they were supposed to take care of the paperwork.

The way I purchased it?!?!?! What button did I click to get this treatment?

The whole reason I used your website was to avoid all the complication.

Still waiting to hear back from the dealer on this.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Got an email from Greg today at Silencer Shop.
It appears I hit the wrong button to “Buy It Local” which literally means the local gun shop does all the paperwork.
Thanks Greg

Looks like everything has been answered correctly on here so far, but I would like to add that one advantage of the Single Shot Trusts is that, since you are using a new trust for each purchase, your responsible parties never have to be fingerprinted and aren't part of the Form 4 packet at all. The trust will come with a responsible party addendum in which you can add them after approval. The ATF only requires demographics and fingerprints for the trustees at the time of submission.

Additionally, it is filled out on our side and you don't have to touch any paperwork. With a traditional trust, you would have to have it notarized and sent back to us. The latter isn't a huge deal since you only have to do that once, but worth mentioning.

Last edited:
I think it is hit or miss. There is a dealer here in oklahoma that I use and he let's you use the kiosk for free, no matter if you buy a can from him or not. Another dealer here only charges you if you dont buy from him.

The SilencerShop policy is that if you’re transferring thru that dealer, they cannot charge you to use the kiosk. They make a cut of the sale. to use the kiosk at a dealer you’re not transferring thru, the dealer can chsrge you otherwise they’re not making money anywhere.