• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing silver soldering

Re: silver soldering

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: themayor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to solder a gass block on my ar tips on what to do ? </div></div> I'll give you a tip, dont do it.

Many CMP AR's have had the FSB attached with green loctite.
The barrel really does not get that hot up there to worry about the loctite breaking down from heat.

my gas block doesn't have screws so i not sure how else to do it any help?

It just slides into place? Never heard of one like that. You could always pin it or thread it and install a set screw.

Compass lake barrels have larger gas block journals than most factory barrels.
They either heat up the gas block and let it shrink to the barrel, or they use loctite sleeve retaining compound.
The last one of those gas blocks a had to remove was installed with loctite.

i have a compass lake barrel also the block slips on with out heat now so how would i do option 2?

Get yourself some loctite 620 or 640, put about 8-10 drops on the barrel, spread it around and slide the gas block on the barrel.
Align it and let it cure.

Forget I said anything, 2156SMK seems to have the answer. Didn't know that about CLE, that's interesting.