• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Simo Hayha

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    283265752_429358749002201_8423644914522992229_n.jpg

That is one badass truck

It'd be even better if he had "WHITE DEATH" in mirror image, so cars in front can read it in their rear-view mirror
    Scania makes some nice looking rigs for sure.

Why is "White Death" in English? Should be "valkoinen kuolema" per google translate.
    Pretty cool though.

Mike

Why is "White Death" in English? Should be "valkoinen kuolema" per google translate.
    Pretty cool though.

Mike
    English is cool and an international language. It looks like the whole truck is in English. The trailer has something like All TRAN....(sport?) "TO FIN (land?)" and the top of the cab has "GLOBE TROTTER". Go to a European country and try to buy a t-shirt with that country's language on it...next to impossible...they're all in English. The Asian countries are often hilarious...it seems they just like English.
    1653601345353.jpeg
    original
    images
    images

Last edited:
    Those euro trucks are somewhat pretty but massively under powered.

Drinking way too many pints at a bar at lands end in Scotland with numerous euro truckers who were amused as hell to find an American on a motorcycle there in late October…

All they wanted to do was have giant Peterbilt‘s and non-Cabover trucks. They look at American rigs as some kind of 18 wheel Valhalla.

And holy shit can those boys drink before getting on the ferry.

Sirhr

Those euro trucks are somewhat pretty but massively under powered.
    Comparing US and Euro market Volvos that doesn't seem to be correct: https://www.volvotrucks.com/en-en/trucks.html

In fact the Euro FH16 has more available power (750 hp) than any US market Volvo.

The PACCAR MX-13 which is the most powerful engine that you can get in a Peterbilt is just over 550 hp in its most powerful tune

Sometimes things aren't as they seem

Comparing US and Euro market Volvos that doesn't seem to be correct: https://www.volvotrucks.com/en-en/trucks.html

In fact the Euro FH16 has more available power (750 hp) than any US market Volvo.

The PACCAR MX-13 which is the most powerful engine that you can get in a Peterbilt is just over 550 hp in its most powerful tune

It’s been that way forever. In WWII, German soldiers looked at American infantry boots with longing. The Americans looked at the German infantry boots with similar lust. It seems the grass just always looks greener on the other side.

Given Euro’s are not given to strangling their diesels like the US DOT, this does not surprise me at all!! Rent a 1.5 L car over there and it feels like a V8 here!

I don’t think any of them drove an American Peterbilt… but damn sure they all wanted them!

Sirhr

Reactions: 308pirate
    Given Euro’s are not given to strangling their diesels like the US DOT, this does not surprise me at all!! Rent a 1.5 L car over there and it feels like a V8 here!

I don’t think any of them drove an American Peterbilt… but damn sure they all wanted them!

Sirhr
    To be fair I only saw one Volvo model with the 750 horses, all others were in the 300 to 550 range, about the same as PACCAR engines.

Many years ago, someone (American) here was recounting a story of visiting Germany. Leaving the airport, he noted that all of the taxis were BMWs or Mercedes. We’ll mostly. The cab pulled up to the stand and the taxi stand attendant looked at him and said “You’re in luck. This one is an import.”Waiting for him was some Chevrolet sedan…

I’ve likely mangled the details, but the broad strokes are there, and consistent with the general trends.

Many years ago, someone (American) here was recounting a story of visiting Germany. Leaving the airport, he noted that all of the taxis were BMWs or Mercedes. We’ll mostly. The cab pulled up to the stand and the taxi stand attendant looked at him and said “You’re in luck. This one is an import.”Waiting for him was some Chevrolet sedan…

I’ve likely mangled the details, but the broad strokes are there, and consistent with the general trends.
    True. When I was stationed in Germany in the early 80's, all the taxi's were either Mercedes or BMW. If you saw a German driving a Corvette or Trans Am, he was insanely rich. I bought a BMW 2500 for $1000 and drove it the whole time I was in Germany.