• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Simple way to mount rangefinder on tripod

atomic41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 4, 2013
    Hey all, thought I would share a simple solution that I came up with to mount a rangefinder to a tripod. My tripod is normally holding a spotting scope but this solution works if you want to put a rifle on it too. In the pic below you will see I'm running a PIG clamp. The rangefinder is mounted to the tripod itself. The clamp can fit the center column (shown below) or a leg if you want to drop it lower.
    I was looking for a way to do this without getting one of those big plates that people put a bunch of stuff on. Those are fine but I wanted something more flexible, that way I can remove spotter and drop a rifle in the clamp. I think I'm going to get another clamp and mount my weathermeter on there too.

The mount is from MKM. -

Clamp -

Maybe people already do this and I'm late to the party but I haven't seen it so I thought I would share just in case someone else wanted a similar solution.

thumbnail_IMG_20201129_131519165.jpg