• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Since the Vudoo mags aren't coming out in my life time, what chassis?

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
I love my Vudoo's, one in an MPA one in an ACC, but what down right sucks is you can't load it..You can run the bar but that does get in the way sometimes..So my question is what Chassis is best for the fitment, not just front to back but also side to side for the Vudoo mags? I have heard the new ACC does a great job with it because of the dowels but I have not had my hands on one to see it first hand. If you have, let me know please.. The C4, looks like another candidate too with it's mag system but I have not seen one of them either.
The Foundation I had my hands on with the correct bottom metal, did lock up tight and ran well. I personally just like the feel a chassis better for prs.. I have also seen the Manners do well.
Anyway, if you have had hands on the Acc Elite or the C4 let me know please so I can make a better decision, I would appreciate it.

I feel your pain. Recently switched to a Whiskey 3 and it really aggravated the feeding issues I've had intermittently in an MPA chassis. I ended up having to shim the back of the mag with tape and some cardboard strips from a 22LR ammo box; this was in addition to swapping in the adjustable trigger guard from KRG.

I like the chassis a lot, but has definitely required a bit more tinkering than I might prefer.

Reactions: Lastsaint21
My Three 60 is in an MPA BA Comp, has the adjustable mag catch...have had zero issues. I haven't even adjusted it, I'm guessing VGW did before they sent it out. I have 5 ten round original mags, they all feed perfect...as long as they are loaded correctly, my Son-in-Law loaded a mag incorrectly and had some of the infamous "rim lock", he learned from that and hasn't loaded them wrong since.

Mine locks up front to back well. Solid.. What happens when you load it. It can’t go back and forth so it then tilts left of right due to the pressure.. I was thinking of going to Home Depot and getting some of those plastic shims for leveling door jams..and see if I can get those to work.. cut them down to size.

Mine locks up front to back well. Solid.. What happens when you load it. It can’t go back and forth so it then tilts left of right due to the pressure.. I was thinking of going to Home Depot and getting some of those plastic shims for leveling door jams..and see if I can get those to work.. cut them down to size.

Just get this - https://grayopscnc.com/products/bag-stop-arca

They do work great 95 percent the time. The issue is they get in the way one some barricades. Mostly round things, like a barrel laying down, or the edge of the spool. If there isn’t a bag restriction, you can just use the flat bag on your plate, put the GC on the barrel and it will give you the height you need to clear by setting the flat bag on top of the GC.. if there is a restriction like one bag, or even if it’s two bags, you are then giving up your shoulder bag..I have even cut my bar down to where it is the height of the mag, the helps some but it still got in the way this weekend. I might try to take another half inch off it.

Reactions: littlepod
I'll double what littlepod said about XLR Envy. It locks up solid.

Currently have one in PRS TCS and no issues with locking the mag without bag stop.
My Matrix Pro no issues (with MPA bag stop)
Foundation Centurion with Hawkins bottom / extended catch - no issues.

My brother has MPA BA and once we resolved the extended mag catch and threw some Velcro inside the Magwell the issues went away. Now it's just him running the bolt....

Reactions: Lastsaint21
I drilled holes in the mag body and placed pop rivets in it, then ground them to a snug fit. They won’t come off at the wrong time like velcro

I drilled holes in the mag body and placed pop rivets in it, then ground them to a snug fit. They won’t come off at the wrong time like velcro
I’ve been thinking about how best to accomplish this, thanks for the idea!

They do work great 95 percent the time. The issue is they get in the way one some barricades. Mostly round things, like a barrel laying down, or the edge of the spool. If there isn’t a bag restriction, you can just use the flat bag on your plate, put the GC on the barrel and it will give you the height you need to clear by setting the flat bag on top of the GC.. if there is a restriction like one bag, or even if it’s two bags, you are then giving up your shoulder bag..I have even cut my bar down to where it is the height of the mag, the helps some but it still got in the way this weekend. I might try to take another half inch off it.

Agree on that... though if it's cut down to where the mag height it... you'd just be hitting your mag if it wasn't there anyway.

Agree on that... though if it's cut down to where the mag height it... you'd just be hitting your mag if it wasn't there anyway.
I played around with it tonight. My bar is connected to my plate and that makes it sit a good bit more forward than say how the MPA bar that is bolted straight to the chassis. I was able to go about a 1/2” above the mag. Still seemed like the same protection from the bag but got me closer to the prop.
Some of the MPA’s have a castle cut, they have 2 set screws tapped into the side of the mag well that you can screw in and out

The Matrix Pro's mag blocker is too far away from the mag, made me really put weights on to keep it balancing on a prop.

1686192023978.png

I feel your pain. Recently switched to a Whiskey 3 and it really aggravated the feeding issues I've had intermittently in an MPA chassis. I ended up having to shim the back of the mag with tape and some cardboard strips from a 22LR ammo box; this was in addition to swapping in the adjustable trigger guard from KRG.

I like the chassis a lot, but has definitely required a bit more tinkering than I might prefer.
My whiskey 3 runs flawless with extended mag catch
+1 on the extended magazine catch. When I ordered the barreled action from Vudoo, I told them it was going into a KRG W-3. I was told to install the extended magazine catch. I did a little filing on the end but didn't require much.

+1 on the extended magazine catch. When I ordered the barreled action from Vudoo, I told them it was going into a KRG W-3. I was told to install the extended magazine catch. I did a little filing on the end but didn't require much.

I’m more than a little skeptical of people saying they can run Vudoo mags “flawlessly” in a W3 without magazine or mag well modifications. Perhaps Vudoo improved on feeding in their later iterations (I have a 1.2), but there’s simply too much room in the mag well of a W3. Mine runs flawlessly with a higher mag catch (extended or adjustable, either will get it done)…until I load the front of the mag. Then it rocks and the bullet nose hits the breech at the bottom of the chamber.

I’m thinking people that say they have no issues aren’t loading the front of the mag very much, or are running a different mag than I am. I use the 15-rd aluminum as a primary and the L3i Universal as a backup.

Loading into the mag will screw up almost in any chassis. People who actually try to velcro in place their mags, while it helps with loading into the magazine, it actually (from first hand experience) can still cause shaving of lead in the breach face because your velcro isn't perfectly aligned.

1686263190834.png

This is the breach face after 300 rounds. There should be no build up at all around the ring of the breech face. If you have any shavings, it means your mag is not properly aligned. In this picture, all you can see is the dirtyness of the 22 but no buildup on the bottom ridge from shaving any lead.

Reactions: Schütze
KnowNothing256 do you adjust the trigger guard and forend of the Whiskey-3 to eliminate all back/front movement of the magazine? You can adjust the mag well on the W3 to be so tight that Vudoo aluminium mags have to be pulled out when the mag release is pushed - and then obviously fit the extended mag release to eliminate vertical movement.

MPA Matrix Pro and the original billet mags. I can load force from any direction on the mag and it will not be affected. I don't need a barricade stop / mag blocker.

Hmm, I should try that. I just installed the mag block because my chassis came with it. I run the original billet 12rnders.

Reactions: Badjujuu
We have test our new L3I 700 Elite mags in a vudoo and RimX and loaded into the mag with no issues whatsoever. The reliability of these new mags is on the next level.

I recently got the MPA Matrix Pro for my 360, Vudoo aluminum mags work fine with no adjustments.

So picked up an L3i elite rimfire. Can't even load it. Rims are too wide for the feed lips on Lapua Long Range and SK Long Range Match. Only way I could figure out how to load it was to tip the round vertically, tuck the rear of the case under the lip at the middle notch and then rotate the round down hooking the rim under the lips. Mailed their sales group and they basically told me:

Our magazines are built to be stiffer than others, so initially you will need to apply more pressure while loading. In time, the feed lips will break in and become easier to load without damaging the magazine.

"Breaking" in plastic feed lips sounds like just wearing them out. At what point do they then go beyond tolerances and not work at all?

Overall underwhelmed so far but going to take it out to the range and see how it feeds, etc before passing final judgement. The whole loading oddness doesn't give me a lot of hope...

So picked up an L3i elite rimfire. Can't even load it. Rims are too wide for the feed lips on Lapua Long Range and SK Long Range Match. Only way I could figure out how to load it was to tip the round vertically, tuck the rear of the case under the lip at the middle notch and then rotate the round down hooking the rim under the lips. Mailed their sales group and they basically told me:

"Breaking" in plastic feed lips sounds like just wearing them out. At what point do they then go beyond tolerances and not work at all?

Overall underwhelmed so far but going to take it out to the range and see how it feeds, etc before passing final judgement. The whole loading oddness doesn't give me a lot of hope...
I have one as well - it was tricky at first to load it and took me a second to see wtf.

I have no issues loading them now, I think I have about 200 rounds on it, not sure if it "broke in" or I just naturally know how to insert the rounds, but i know what you mean!

In regards to wearing out the plastic past the tolerance, you would think that's also applicable to original Vudoo plastic magazines, yet I have thousands of rounds on mine without issues caused by "wear and tear".

I like the aluminum base and the adjustability on it. No issues running it in Foundation, Matrix Pro or PRS TCS so far.

Last edited:
you could try and make your own mags if it works you could make more of them and sell it around the world making yourself rich while remembering the humble little guy that pointed out to you that you could do it . at the very least you will have time to try while waiting for the real ones to make it to market there are not that many parts needed to make a magazine .

• Haha

We sent you a video showing that just takes a little pressure to load the rounds initially. This is due the cooling part of the molding process causes the feedlips to curve slightly inward. As the magazine gets used the plastic naturally migrates back to its natural molded position. It does not “wear” into that position. We mold them using zytel which is a premium glass filled nylon composite which is superior to many other plastic magazines on the market to ensure it has a long life. If you have further questions, do not hesitate reaching out!

Well, worked probably 100 rounds in and out and finally starting to load from the top normally but still stiff. Be great to throw a little slip of paper in with mag to give folks a heads up on the loading.

Fits well enough in mdt acc. drops free. Loading into a bag the feed lips right in front of the chamber still move down about 1/4” or so. Will see if that affects feeding once I get a few 100 rounds through it.

Well, worked probably 100 rounds in and out and finally starting to load from the top normally but still stiff. Be great to throw a little slip of paper in with mag to give folks a heads up on the loading.

Fits well enough in mdt acc. drops free. Loading into a bag the feed lips right in front of the chamber still move down about 1/4” or so. Will see if that affects feeding once I get a few 100 rounds through it.
Are you using shims under the spacer at the back of the mag? That's the part intended to address the mag rocking, I believe, you might be able to eliminate that 1/4" of drop.

Reactions: Mechdesigner
We sent you a video showing that just takes a little pressure to load the rounds initially. This is due the cooling part of the molding process causes the feedlips to curve slightly inward. As the magazine gets used the plastic naturally migrates back to its natural molded position. It does not “wear” into that position. We mold them using zytel which is a premium glass filled nylon composite which is superior to many other plastic magazines on the market to ensure it has a long life. If you have further questions, do not hesitate reaching out!
Initially no amount of pressure in put on it would load straight down. I started pressing down on rim and then pressing back on bullet and it would snap past the resistance. Kept doing that for about 25 rounds and it became easier. Will keep working it

Are you using shims under the spacer at the back of the mag? That's the part intended to address the mag rocking, I believe, you might be able to eliminate that 1/4" of drop.
No idea. No instructions in package or on site. Nothing in packaging that looks like a shim. Are you saying remove the mag catch and put shims under that?

Reactions: KnowNothing256
Where did you send me a video?

Emailed you the video of me loading the magazine from our sales account. The front to back play is dependent on the chassis or bottom metal you are using. If you have play loading into a bag will cause malfunctions. You can remove the latch and add some shim stock or foil tape to the back of the latch to get a tight fit. When dealing with custom rifles in various configurations some fitment and tuning will always be required and is half of the fun! We are open to offering assistance though. Please be patient with communications as we are a very small company (3 part time employees) and we are serving a very underserved market. Rest assured we are making every effort possible to give the best customer experience possible.

Where did you send me a video?

Emailed you the video of me loading the magazine from our sales account. The front to back play is dependent on the chassis or bottom metal you are using. If you have play loading into a bag will cause malfunctions. You can remove the latch and add some shim stock or foil tape to the back of the latch to get a tight fit. When dealing with custom rifles in various configurations some fitment and tuning will always be required and is half of the fun! We are open to offering assistance though. Please be patient with communications as we are a very small company (3 part time employees) and we are serving a very underserved market. Rest assured we are making every effort possible to give the best customer experience possible.
No worries on timing or being patient. Just sharing my challenges, etc.

I sincerely appreciate how responsive you have been, etc. My MDT ACC doesn't have the slick dowels that the ACC Elite does to adjust mag fit so I may be as far as I can go for now. Thanks!

Why not post it somewhere wheee everyone can see it or link it on your website?

FYI some more feedback on mag. Shooting some practice today and put it in my SAP mag holder. L3i Elite locked up so solid in the mag holder I had to take it home and completely disassemble the mag holder to get it back out. Once I took it apart I saw the adjustable mag catch had dug into the kydex and created a burr that held it solidly in the mag holder. Not sure if I just need to round the edge of the mag catch or what. Would have been terrible at a match. For now not putting it in those mag holders and only using it when starting a stage until I figure that out.

FYI some more feedback on mag. Shooting some practice today and put it in my SAP mag holder. L3i Elite locked up so solid in the mag holder I had to take it home and completely disassemble the mag holder to get it back out. Once I took it apart I saw the adjustable mag catch had dug into the kydex and created a burr that held it solidly in the mag holder. Not sure if I just need to round the edge of the mag catch or what. Would have been terrible at a match. For now not putting it in those mag holders and only using it when starting a stage until I figure that out.
I bet taking the sharp edge off with a bit of sandpaper would work, but that’s good to know.

I’m also curious about the polymer on the new mag, specifically with regards to the durability of the feed lip area. I lost my grip on the loading button once and the follower flew up with a round on it, cracked the feed lip base and now it won’t the rounds properly. Had another one slip off my range bag and I guess land lips first, that one also cracked and spat most of the rounds out. Lastly, the lips flex open a bit when the mag is full, causing the round to present a little high.

Love the feel and texture of the last-gen mags, but the feed lips just don’t seem quite as sturdy as I’d like. I’ll own the one that hit the ground though, that’s on me.

I have an MPA Comp (set up by Vudoo) and I recall one issue in almost 1000 rounds to date. That was account the empty never ejected fully - not sure if I babied the bolt or it was something else? However, I do not like the minimal amount of side to side play on the chassis, but it hasn't affected anything to date.

I also had rim lock once or maybe twice, but not in more than 500 rounds now - attributed to me as I tend to pull the latch down and drop the rounds in rather than fully feed them into the mag.

The material is much stronger now with the Elite version. It's a glass molded setup just like the vudoo/bergara/pmag

I don't have a Vudoo.

But, the JAE chassis' have adjustments for mag fitment: longitudinal support as well as height adjustment.

I can see this feature being beneficial here. I'm sure there are some here with a JAE and Vudoo that could chime in.

You can add shims under the Elite mag catch to take up room front to back. If you set it for your rifle you won't need a barricade block.

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_094337381_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230721_094337381_HDR.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230721_094207803_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230721_094207803_HDR.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 64
This was the first match (and my worst outing in 2 years) I didn't have any issues with malfunctions from mags. Every single match I drop points due to mag issues or feeding issues. I have come to the conclusion every 50 rounds or so you need to pull out the bolt and wipe it down. I did have one malfunction on the last stage of the day but luckily it was the PRS skills stage and I didn't drop a shot.

A chassis with a adjutable mag catch is almost required if you are running a vudoo IMO. Or you really need to tune the catch.

Reactions: Precision Quest