• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single Stage Triggers

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I am looking for a good single stage trigger for my custom 5.56 and .308 ARs. I have grown up using single stage and shoot much better after I have had some time on the rifle. I see that everyone makes one but give your advice. Money is no object. I am looking for 3 lbs or less, short an crisp.

Take a look at Jard. They make a very good adjustable single stage trigger. You can swap springs easily to change pull weight

I am looking for a good single stage trigger for my custom 5.56 and .308 ARs. I have grown up using single stage and shoot much better after I have had some time on the rifle. I see that everyone makes one but give your advice. Money is no object. I am looking for 3 lbs or less, short an crisp.

I doubt you can go far wrong with Geiselle triggers, at last year's shot show, I tried every trigger they make. My LWRC REPR came with a 2 stage but I'm considering one for my KAC SR-15 which already has a great 2 stage trigger, I grew up on single stages and I want to see what going back is like.

Tried the single set trigger on my buddies custom 700 and that thing was nearly scary. I had, back in the day, a Canjar trigger on a Wichita Silhuette pistol that broke at 2 oz and it was scary. I never had an accidental discharge with it but I was really careful about closing the bolt and did have a couple of, let's say, very early releases of the sear.

Geissele Automatics - Quality Triggers for the Warfighter and Competitor

I rock a timney 512 in my 700 at 2 lbs and love it. It breaks really clean and feels great. If you want lighter than that Ive shot some jewell triggers set somewhere around 2 onces and if i remember right it had no safety but I am sure they make one with a safety on it. I am not sure if State arms / East Ridge Gun Company makes triggers for any platforms other than their rifles but the one they made on my .50 is the best feeling trigger I have ever felt. Breaks clean at 20oz and feels smooth as silk. May be worth calling them to see if they offer anything.

I have a timney @3.5lbs in my 300blk. I love it. Really smooth and crisp. Super easy to install too :)

Giessele Super 3 Gun or Super Dynamic 3 Gun. I'm running a SD3G in my 5.45 blaster/hog/truck gun right now, and it is faster and has a better reset than anything I have tried. I can roll 3+ rounds almost as fast as full auto.

On the downside, the trigger is not as crisp as it could be, but it still shoots very good, even on the bench.

JP Rifles has a single stage trigger right around 3 lbs. Completely adjustable with probably the shortest reset and over travel of all of them.

I've had good luck with CMC triggers, I have 'em in a SPR and a BCM. Price is decent as well.

Last edited:
I'll also suggest the JP original for a single stage.

Some folks think they are difficult to install because they need a little fitting. You can take it to a gunsmith if you are uncomfortable installing it.

They aren't as expensive as many of the other triggers on the market, but they are the best single stage I've used. I've been fortunate to get to try a lot of triggers.

I was a long time single stage trigger guy and I've slowly moved away from single stage triggers over the years so I'd suggest you feel one just to be sure if you haven't already (if you're at all open to that). I only have one single stage trigger left on an AR and that a JP on a 308. If you are still interested in other considerations you may want to look at the Geissele triggers, especially the Super Dynamic Enhanced (it's a 2 stage so you may not be interested). Some single stage trigger guys like the SD-3G for the way it feels.

Anyway, if you are certain you want a single stage try and find a JP original that has been properly installed and give it a 'feel' to see if it fits you. [I'd say the same for any trigger - try before you buy]