• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Site Changes Coming Monday!

Any way to set the filters so they will keep the prefix you've chosen without having to set them every new visit ?

Yes there is! You can view this page https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/trending (found under forums > All threads > Trending threads). On this page you can click on the filters icon at the top of the page, select the prefixes you'd like to focus on, then click save and name your settings. These settings can then be fund in the sidebar of that page and you can create options with other filters and save those as well. Let me know if that helps!

Grouping "Training & Classes" with "Local Matches" under the new subforum called "Training Course Announcements" makes no sense, to me anyway. Heck, there are even "Advanced Marksmanship Questions" in this new subforum...

Maybe the changes are still being worked on. I hope so.

I'm sorry .. probably i'm the slow one in here. But in the Post Exchange section. We got rid of the Optic sub category?

• Angry
Reactions: DJ 480
I'm sorry .. probably i'm the slow one in here. But in the Post Exchange section. We got rid of the Optic sub category?
It's all getting dumped into one giant "Buy - Sell - Trade" area that can be filtered by what you're looking for. From what I've seen so far, the filtering prefixes match up with the categories of the old subforums. So there should be a filtering prefix for Firearms, one for Optics, for Rimfire, Lefty, etc.

Frank commented in another thread that the changes aren't complete yet and this is still an ongoing process.

Reactions: hjAICS300
OMG IT LOOKS THE SAME AND THE FILTERS ARE EASY AND INTUITIVE MAKE IT STOP

0 impact, looks nice. More compact. Well done to the minions who pulled this off.

Prefixes/Filters: This feature is a very important part of the forum reorganization. The Post Exchange, for example, will all be combined into a single forum and will instead be sorted by prefixes. This will give you the ability to click on the prefix to sort by that content (i.e. clicking on the firearms prefix because you are only interested in posts related to firearms) or click on the filter menu at the top of the page and sorting by prefix within that menu.

Why fix what isn't broke?

not broke according to who?

Streamlining and editing the site after it's been torn up and rebuilt a bunch of times is not a bad thing,

There were tons of issues that needed to be fixed, why not mind your own business if you don't get it

Remember everyone is welcome to leave, super easy, top right corner, hit log out and don't come back

Reactions: HolyCity73
Please don't ever eliminate the Bear Pit. 🇺🇸

Yes there is! You can view this page https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/trending (found under forums > All threads > Trending threads). On this page you can click on the filters icon at the top of the page, select the prefixes you'd like to focus on, then click save and name your settings. These settings can then be fund in the sidebar of that page and you can create options with other filters and save those as well. Let me know if that helps!
The filter link on the trending page is not working for me.
It opens but when I choose a prefix and click filter it does not change.
Maybe I'm still not doing it right.
Thanks

Where the fuck did suppressors go?

Edit: Of course that was the most recent post above mine. Don’t like it. It‘s too hard to find suppressor only posts. It needs its own forum

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Where the fuck did suppressors go?

Edit: Of course that was the most recent post above mine. Don’t like it. It‘s too hard to find suppressor only posts. It needs its own forum
Its pretty damn bad.

You can click on Filters, Prefix, suppressors to filter down. I would assume that means whoever makes a thread would have to select a "suppressor" as a the subject to get it in that prefix?

Dont know if this is possible but lets say you go to the Buy - Sell - Trade threads list. All the different color tags are visible
to the left that's fine.
Now you use the drop down filter on the bar and select say Rimfire and apply the filter.

The filtered threads all have Rimfire tags and the bar above shows Prefix: Rimfire.

Can the colored Rimfire tags be removed at this point as the filter has been applied. It would make it more visually appealing.

Reactions: excope
See that yellow gold thing that says filters?Press it.
Screenshot_20201207-205351_Google.jpg

Ugg 25+ pages in the buy forum in the last 24 hours. Tried looking for some reloading stuff and gave up.

Go to the “Buy - Sell- Trade” forum. Click on “reloading equipment” in the top sub categories

Issues I see, while you can filter your way through the BST/PX section it not as user friendly as it was. Once you are done in say "reloading equipment" you have to go back into the main PX page and reapply a filter to go to "accessories" or any other filter category. It is just more steps to get to the same place we didn't have to do. Granted its a couple of mouse clicks for us desk top users but I can see where using a mobile it would be a pain.

While I can learn to use the filters and search functions to get where I'd like to go and find what I'm after, the new layout isn't "new user" friendly at all.

Go to the “Buy - Sell- Trade” forum. Click on “reloading equipment” in the top sub categories

Those aren't "sub categories" those are simply sticky/pinned threads. All of the old PX threads are not listed and you have to filter to get to them. If they were all stuck at the top it would essentially be like it was prior to the changes.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Holy fuck all the KARENS because a site change.
Learn to use it and move on.
Im almost 60 years old and i figured it out in like 2 minutes.
Every fucking thing in life is temporary . Learn that now and life will be a bit easier.

Who woulda thunk a fresh coat of paint would hurt so many feelings?
Im happy there is still no cover charge.

The filter link on the trending page is not working for me.
It opens but when I choose a prefix and click filter it does not change.
Maybe I'm still not doing it right.
Thanks
It's takes a second to load in all of that content, so select the prefix you would like to see, wait until it loads, then you will be able to follow the other steps I set out to make it work

Great update. Nicely planned and executed. Congrats!!💪

Maybe it's time to cull some of the pinned topics in the sub forums. Reloading has 50 pinned topics. Does almost every caliber need to be pinned?
You can fold away the pinned topics from view.
20201208_064139.jpg

Where did the DIY and Fitness forums go? Overall I don't think the changes are bad, just different. The filters make it easy to see what you want.

Hopefully changes are still happening. I'm not understanding how super-condensing everything is helpful? It just takes more steps to get to the same information. Not bitching, just providing feedback. I do appreciate the resources of this forum and connection to like-minded individuals.

What do I need to do in order to reply back to threads specifically the classifieds? Yes, I am new and wet behind the ears I have pretty much stocked the forums for a couple years now I am getting to the point where I need help and want to start reloading. So is there a certain amount of posts I need to make? I need to get some 6.5cm ammo in a bad way lol

You dont need anything to reply but 100 posts to post a thread in the classifieds

I actually like the change. Compact lay out, simple and easy to use. A brand new user may have a bit of difficulty to figure things out,.. but once you get a grip of it, it's easy to use.

Forum Organization Changes
We are changing the organization of the forum to make it easier to find content and navigate the site. These changes include condensing/combining forums.

New Features
Watched Forums: Previously, watching forums only gave you an alert when new content was posted, but now when you watch forums, the forum will be brought to the top of the forum list for easy access.
Prefixes/Filters: This feature is a very important part of the forum reorganization. The Post Exchange, for example, will all be combined into a single forum and will instead be sorted by prefixes. This will give you the ability to click on the prefix to sort by that content (i.e. clicking on the firearms prefix because you are only interested in posts related to firearms) or click on the filter menu at the top of the page and sorting by prefix within that menu.

Navigation Changes
Donate: We will have a link to donate in the navigation giving you the ability to easily donate to the Hide.
Featured & What's New: These pages will be found in the drop down menu under Forum.

If you have any questions about these changes or new features, let me know!
Maybe I'm missing something with the filters. How do I find what used to be the DIY and Field Craft forums? How do I add my own filter?

I like it so far. It’s a little busy but once I got it figured out it’s not too bad.

My opinion doesn’t carry much though, I’m just here to lurk and buy shit.