• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SK Launches New Long Range Match .22 LR Ammunition

Please next time start a new topic so the communication is easier.

In short, no, because higher wind speed increases wind deflection.

Here is a reply of mine from history:
It says that at 700fps bullet goes astray 4.4 minutes of angle (2.6") while bullet leaving 1470fps is going to go astray 7.3 moa (8.2")
Great info, and not what I had expected. Thanks

Theres something exactly in this spec, ELEY force. Works awesome for me past 200. i've had groups as small as .43 MOA at 200 yards. dunno if you've tried it or not, if not its worth a shot.
yup, eley force is my go to for matches. also looking to try eley contact which is 42gr as well. just haven't had the time yet.
i'm not crazy familiar with contact but its significantly lower velocity than force isn't it? I got lucky in my set up (ruger precision rimfire, er shaw 20 inch barrel, diamondback tactical) that i don't run out of dope in the scope until a little after 400 yards.

Force is HV with same 42g bullet as Contact. Contact is subsonic.

Lawless, I shoot a Kidd Supergrade with the factory Magpul stock that I would like to upgrade. What stock is that on your rifle?

Sorry bro, I just saw this. It is a Boyds Pro Varmit that has a steel bedding block installed and a steel rear shelf insert installed too. It is very solid and the action has zero droop. If I was buying a stock today however it would be a Victor Titan with their rear tang.

I changed rings to a lower set and now the comb height is absolutely perfect for me...but I wear a 7-3/4 hat so I have a big ”mater” <-hillbilly speak for head

749BB756-60CB-4784-AD3E-2B996CA91D79.jpeg
D13CD86A-A6C4-4E13-AFE5-47E29120679E.jpeg

Last edited:
I made a set of dies once that would resize loaded ammunition to a more uniform size. It would push on the nose of the bullet and it would squish out to fill the die. It seemed to help with the accuracy but the biggest reason was it allowed me to make different hollow point profiles. I made different sizing pins to add different nose profiles and different hollow point profiles. I even made a hydra shock type pin that worked identical to a real hydra shock round.

I would get some that would expand out past .35" when fired into water.

Sorry for the quality, this was about 15 years ago when digital images were pretty crappy but you get the idea.

IMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpgIMG_0143.jpgIMG_0149.jpgIMG_0131.jpgIMG_0150.jpgIMG_0126.jpgIMG_0165.jpgIMG_0160.jpgIMG_0170.jpg

I made a set of dies once that would resize loaded ammunition to a more uniform size. It would push on the nose of the bullet and it would squish out to fill the die. It seemed to help with the accuracy but the biggest reason was it allowed me to make different hollow point profiles. I made different sizing pins to add different nose profiles and different hollow point profiles. I even made a hydra shock type pin that worked identical to a real hydra shock round.

I would get some that would expand out past .35" when fired into water.

Sorry for the quality, this was about 15 years ago when digital images were pretty crappy but you get the idea.

View attachment 7197290View attachment 7197291View attachment 7197292View attachment 7197293View attachment 7197289View attachment 7197294View attachment 7197288View attachment 7197296View attachment 7197295View attachment 7197297
I took some Stingers and opened up the hollow point with a drill bit twisted in my fingers many years ago. The effect on squirrels was John Woo film dramatic.

When I looked this stuff up on Midway, I noted that a velocity of 1106fps, then calculated Sonic velocity for 60 Deg F. and got 1117.xx fps.

So it's truly subsonic.

But the problems with advertised velocities are deviations and barrel lengths.

I generally accept the test barrel length for RF to be 16", and with such a small difference between the above two numbers, deviation could alter velocity to be wandering in and out of supersonic at the muzzle.

My 22lr's have 16" barrels.

I actually doubt the above deviation would be a problem, because I would expect the velocity degradation to subsonic to be taking place within a few feet of the muzzle. If that were a problem, I think we'd be seeing a lot more spread in the product review photos.

So, whatever, this product is now on my Midway wish list, and I haven't bought 22lr ammo since before Obama took office (Yep, I stockpiled that much 22lr before his administration, so sue me).

Greg

Midway USA state that 1106fps on their site but on SK's site they state it's 1099fps - a tiny discrepancy I know. SK say that MV was from a 660mm/26" barrel length.

Well, it always helps to have the facts, they beat conjecture and propaganda every time.

But the problems with advertised velocities are deviations and barrel lengths.

I generally accept the test barrel length for RF to be 16", and with such a small difference between the above two numbers, deviation could alter velocity to be wandering in and out of supersonic at the muzzle.

Greg

Going to have to go research it, but I think the test barrel length most 22 ammo manufacturers use for velocity testing is somewhere in the low 20's" IIRC.

That kind of matches what I see when I shoot ARA benchrest matches as I chrono every round. When I use the Anschutz with the 23" Hvy Barrel the listed velocities on the ammo box are fairly close to what is actually being shot. When using the Vudoo with a 18" Hvy barrel I'm generally 10-15 FPS faster on average then the ammo box listing or vs the anschutz with the 5" longer barrel. For SK and Lapua ammo the FPS is buried in the lot # printed on the box.