• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SK Long Range ammo

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
Is SK Long Range ammo out. Vudoo gunworks on Facebook yesterday, had some to test. It must be getting close.

Mark

Midway and Good Shooting are both showing it in stock, so it's out there.
Funny thing.......AmmoSeek isn't showing it at all.

Just ordered a Brick from Good Shooting, they have the better price.

Mark

10 rds each lot , 5 lots = 1070 , 33/10 spread ave. , 46/48 degree's , in a Vudoo 18'' bbl.
Hope it works better for you guys than it did for me . It seems to me like its Sk standard in a new box at $3.00 more ?
Accuracy nothing to brag about in 5 different guns . 2 Vudoo's , a Muller BR gun , Custom 54 match Annie , 54.30 Annie .
Maybe it will work better in some out of the box Factory type guns ?
Good Luck !

10 rds each lot , 5 lots = 1070 , 33/10 spread ave. , 46/48 degree's , in a Vudoo 18'' bbl.
Hope it works better for you guys than it did for me . It seems to me like its Sk standard in a new box at $3.00 more ?
Accuracy nothing to brag about in 5 different guns . 2 Vudoo's , a Muller BR gun , Custom 54 match Annie , 54.30 Annie .
Maybe it will work better in some out of the box Factory type guns ?
Good Luck !

At what distance were you shooting?

50 YDS , for the above results , then 200 , 300 and 350 for my purpose , I shoot mostly steel from 100 to 400 , on my own range .
Its not up to my standards . It may work for you ?

DWT, appreciate the input. what size targets are you running at 200, 300 and 350? I have my own range as well. I shoot out to 250 yards. I'm running 5", 4" and 3" targets at 225 and 250. With Geco Rifle, I can hit 7 of 10 shots at 250 on the 5" target. Trying to bring that percentage up. I have some Eley Practice 100 and an assortment of other "better" ammo, but ammo is alway trial and error event.

50 YDS , for the above results , then 200 , 300 and 350 for my purpose , I shoot mostly steel from 100 to 400 , on my own range .
Its not up to my standards . It may work for you ?

What ammo do you use? What does the best at 200 and beyond?
Mark

LOL , you guys want all the secrets . I have spent way to much money and time , [ my wife will confirm that ] to divulge it all .
Our standard at 200 is a 3'' circle , ammo and gun has to do 4/5 on demand , if you have your wind right . The record this yr so far is 23 in a row !
At 300 its a 5'' circle , square , triangle or whatever in that size range , same thing , 4/5 on demand , the record at 300 is 14/15 on a 4'' circle , it has stood for along time !
At 350 we do 6'' , 8'' and 10'' , same thing , if you have the wind you need to do 4/5 , on demand , [ I have a rack of 5 targets there ] !
I will put out some of the ammo stuff , but not all , I have a hard enough time finding and getting the ammo I rely on , now .
One of the best is RWS Special Match , probably the best from 300 to 400 is RWS - 50 , I don't use it to much do to the cost . I like the $7 to $10 a box range . Of course our group shoots and buys enough ammo , we get most of all ammo a few $$$ off the box and more $$$$ off case cost .
I was at a friends last evening , who has out to 400 , went 4/5 on a 8'' plate . its hard to do anything on demand at 400+ !!!
Shot Rayners short course out thru 500 a couple weeks ago with Mr Accurate Rifle Chassis and his friend , we didn't keep track , but hit a lot of targets at all the distances , I even impressed myself and that's hard to do !
So , there is alittle history , The more you shoot the more you learn , I learn something almost every time out !
If you really want to frustrate yourself , try BR , ARA , PSL and so on . all these silly 22 games we play ? LOL. LOL !

I'm out on this subject , thanks for your time .

"Our standard at 200 is a 3'' circle.
At 300 its a 5'' circle , square , triangle or whatever in that size range.
At 350 we do 6'' , 8'' and 10''

DWT, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll figure out what ammo my rifles like at those ranges. But I'm really interested in what other are able to achieve with their rifles. I'm about 7/10 on average at 250 yards on a 5" target. That's with my Vudoo with cheap Geco Rifle ammo. As I up the game with better ammo, I want to up the game with targets as well. Your standards look like something worth working towards. Should be fun!

Thanks!

Reactions: dwt