• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Skeet L vs X

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
For the guys that have owned both does the skeet X blow the L out of the water image wise? The skeet L even though it’s a 320 unit looks as good if not better than some 640 units in its class to me.

Reactions: wes1
Most X ppl I've talked to would say "yes" ... but for pure field use (not making hollywood moovies), I'd say they are real close though you can tell the difference.

N18 and IR-Patrol are closer still to the 320. Trying to put that in numbers I'd say 320 is 85% of N18 or IR-Patrol.

Here's N18 review from late 2020 where I run the 320 side by side with the n18 and ir-patrol ...

The main reason I sold my skeet 320 and utc 320 and utcx was warranty/repairability. If they go down, you gotta paperweight.

Pluses of the skeet 320 over the n18 are

heads up display with azimuth, cant and roll (HPR)
pointing laser
smaller
lighter
about half the street price of a new N18

Plusses of N18 over skeet 320
also doubles as solid TWS with good reticles and good zeroing process (beats IR patrol in both of these areas, substantially)
better image and more image adjustability
5 year warranty and after that continued repairability
takes 16650 batts out of the box
solid wpns mount, which is removable
dove tail can be mounted on either side to allow left or right side head mounting on a bridge

==
I sold the skeet 320 and got a n18 ... also sold the ir-patrol and plan a voodoo-S to replace it and the utc 320 (got VoodooM to replace utcX)

Yes and that's been true since at least 2017 (same is true for ALL BAE branded OASYS units). BAE OASYS program was shut down in August 2017.

Reactions: mikefraz