• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Skinner Sight

GNAP

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
I while back I bought Henry Arms H003T, pump action 22LR. The pump action is still a little stiff, after about 2000+ rounds, but is getting better. The main issue I have with the rifle is the accuracy, or lack there of. I found the factory buckhorn style sights, serious wanting. I looked and looked, and finally settled on a set of rear (peep) and front (blade) sights from Skinner Sights out of Montana. According to the owner, I should have them by the end of this coming week (6/27/21).

Hopefully the new sights will help me get this rifle to get it to the point, where all of the hits on the target, will no longer look like a shotgun blast.

Reactions: Photobug
I while back I bought Henry Arms H003T, pump action 22LR. The pump action is still a little stiff, after about 2000+ rounds, but is getting better. The main issue I have with the rifle is the accuracy, or lack there of. I found the factory buckhorn style sights, serious wanting. I looked and looked, and finally settled on a set of rear (peep) and front (blade) sights from Skinner Sights out of Montana. According to the owner, I should have them by the end of this coming week (6/27/21).

Hopefully the new sights will help me get this rifle to get it to the point, where all of the hits on the target, will no longer look like a shotgun blast.
I bought a Henry Golden Boy when I put a scope on my CZ as I wanted to still have a plinking gun. I also struggle with either seeing the target or sights. I have considered installing some skinner sights also. I look forward to hearing how that works for you.

I have Skinners on a Golden Boy- works great.

Which sight did you install?

My plan was to visit the company this summer and have them mill the top of the gun to accept the sight so I could keep the older sights in place. I feel for the peep sight the closer to my eye the better, but what do I know I have never used a peep sight before.

Welp, I’m thrilled with the results so far, I should have done this 3 yrs ago. The sight came on Monday, last night, with a .22 caliber barrel laser light, I roughed in the height and the barrel center.

I went to the range after the wife’s doctor visits (cancer an ugly disease), I set up the target, took 3 shots, made a small adjustment, repeated and repeated twice more. Then shot a 10 shot target, the results we 2 shots in the 9 point ring, 2 shots that split the 9 point and 10 point ring and 6 shots in the bullseye (see photo) No bad for only 20 shots down the barrel from the time I mounted the sights.

I could not be happier, with my purchase, the service, speedy delivery and the build quality.

99C93967-A775-4232-997F-E2BB7B93FBA7.jpeg

Have a Skinner on my Henry Octagon Frontier. Huge improvement and a great quality sight.

I went to the range early this morning, ran some ammo through the Winchester Wildcat, the Ruger Precision Rimfire and of course the Henry 22LR pump with the new Skinner sights. The only range open at this time was the 50’ indoor range.

Again, I’m exceedingly thrilled with the Skinner Sights, with the original “buckhorn sights”, I had a hard time putting 10 shots into a 6” circle. I’m pretty sure, soon going to be able to put 10 shots into a 1” circle, with a little bit of fine tuning (either in the sights or my shooting habits).

here are the pictures of the Rifle, new sights and a few of this mornings targets (10 shots each.

D079D92A-D982-4A07-8579-13286DCB5F1F.jpeg
0A257ADF-CFDD-4CF3-8C9C-FB18D826EA41.jpeg
497AEE53-6A3E-451C-8C80-F768861BF5C2.jpeg
5FE5D68B-37BE-422F-8743-34829F0D48D1.jpeg