• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLIDE FIRE for AR15's... Anyone Have One??

Re: SLIDE FIRE for AR15's... Anyone Have One??

a similar device was made for the ruger 10/22 several years ago. ATF approved it and sales were good, then ATF reversed their decision making the stock illegal and reclassifying them as MG. the company was forced to buy all the stocks back, destroy them and went bankrupt.
I would pass on this potential legal nightmare.
my 2 cents.

I heard and remember the same thing BUT... that system utilized springs IF I remeber correctly to manipulate the operation.

This system DOES NOT do that and is completely dependant on the recoil of the weapon.

Its VERY interesting.... and according to them comes with the approved ATF letter of legality...

Matt.

Looks great - just practice saying "Hey Bubba, pass me the soap" a few hundred times before buying it.

Around 07-08 there was a company making the same thing for 10/22. I remember it very well as it was about 900.00 and I decided to wait to get one till I returned from deployment and had extra cash to piss away.

They too had a letter from the ATF. Less than a year later (7 month deployment) they were shut down by ATF and the only info on their site was that if you had purchased a unit you were now in violation of the law. Turn it in or risk the penalty, assuming ATF had access to sales records too.

It was called the fast fire here is a link talking about it and it sort of goes OT into a debate http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-240357.html

Its an interesting unit... Of course the legalities will NEVER be clear when dealing with the ATF...

It is a neat little invention though and shows that there are always some cool things to be made when people put their minds to it.

Matt.

I guess if you can afford to feed it the large quantities of ammo it would eat, being out a couple hundred bucks if the ATF changes its mind isn't that big of a deal.

the 10/22 version was the akins accelerator.
Im glad I never jumped on it.
However, this design intrigues me as it really relies on your forearm acting as the spring. Its essentially two hunks of plastic that slide back and forth depending on how you grip the rifle.

If this doesnt get shot dead by the ATF in another year or two, maybe then ill consider it.

Reminds me of that piece of crap "hellfire" thing they used to sell.

I don't like "grey area" devices.
-bird bombs
-bump fire devices
-gattling triggers
-37mm launchers

All this kind of gun show crap is why there end up being more and more laws, more and more restrictions.

A friend of mine bought one. I tried it at the range last week and it works ok. If you use anything less than 556 power loads it would short cycle. Good for wasting ammo and having fun thou.
I won't be buying one, semi-auto fire is fast enough for me.

Looks like a fun toy.....just keeping in mind thats all it is.

Throw it on a cheap lower and blast some ammo away.

The only way I would buy one though is if I could pay cash for one at a gun show or something.

Our local gunshop just got some in, and they tested one on an AR in 9mm and it worked great and cycled without any problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reminds me of that piece of crap "hellfire" thing they used to sell.

I don't like "grey area" devices.
-bird bombs
-bump fire devices
-gattling triggers
-37mm launchers

All this kind of gun show crap is why there end up being more and more laws, more and more restrictions. </div></div>
+1
This thing is just plain stupid. I can see these things being fun and cool for people up until someone has an accident or does something stupid. Some backwater Bubba is gonna get his dumbass friend try it, the rifle will start to shoot and the friend will then freak out and lose control of the front end, and someone is gonna get shot. Then there's gonna be an overreaction that will snowball into a shitstorm for everyone else.
The mechanics of the weapon are such that the whole rifle-save the stock and grip-reciprocates to allow the weapon to fire as it does. If you've ever shot a select-fire weapon from the shoulder, you know that you gain a significant amount of control over the weapon by using your body weight to lean into the weapon. You can't do that with this system. There is no way for you to use any type of recoil-dampening (and thus control inducing) force on the weapon without making the malfunction. I would love to see a target 25yrds away, and see if it looks like it was shot with a 12ga 3.5" BBB shot out of an Improved Cylinder.

I would be surprised if this thing is still legal in 12 months.

I think I'll pss, this thing is almost $400 and I can't figure out what I'd d owith it.