• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slide Fire???

I saw a guy at the range blasting through ammo with one, it seems to work, his ar jammed a fair amount though. I did not shoot it.
I was curious about it too.

I'd just as soon they didn't exist. If the gun control crowd sees something like that they will use it to try to prove that semi-autos can easily be turned into assault rifles.

I have one on my 10/22 in a Nordic chassis. It burns a lot of ammo and it takes a while to get the form down. Feinstein and company are aware of the product and proposed banning it. It is fun to play with.

I saw three of them go up for sale in the local paper. I agree with some of the post above its just another thing for the stupid left to point at. With that said they point at anything that can go "Bang" and call it an unnecessary evil.

I have shot a few mags through one. The are nice as they allow you to "bump fire" from the shoulder. They are relly nice if you are shooting someone elses ammo, but if it was my ammo I would pass.

I'd just as soon they didn't exist. If the gun control crowd sees something like that they will use it to try to prove that semi-autos can easily be turned into assault rifles.
I agree. They are ammunition for the gun control crowd.

I watched the senate judiciary meeting on Wednesday and feinstein played a video of the slidefire stock arguing that it was the equivalent to full auto.

If you want one that is made way better than that, look at fostech's bumpski. It is more expensive but it looks way better and can be used on more than one firearm (with an additional kit that can be purchased).

Last edited:
Where's the youtube vids of them breaking during use? I know I've seen a few.

I used one and it was pretty amusing, very cheap looking/feeling.
I would never put one on a nice rifle.
Looks fun with a mp15/22 +3lb timney

They've been outlawed in good ol' CA

Are they illegal in Comifornia because they have been known to cause birth defects or because they're scary?
Ha jk

They're great if you like wasting ammo and not hitting anything with any sort of accuracy...

I have one for my AK. it's different, definitely not the quality i was expecting for the money but fun to shoot every now and then

I have a lot of trigger time with full autos and to me the slide fire is pretty mall ninja. It reminds me of the cheap gun show trash table with Rambo replica knives, broadswords, bird bombs and hellfire trigger kits. I imagine its fun for a mag or two but having spent a lot of time behind real autos the fire rate is very slow and method is sloppy and counter intuitive.

I wish people wouldn't build shit like this because it draws attention to us from the anti gun crowd and makes us look stupid. Crap like this flys so fast to liberal politicians and to be honest it builds a monster case against semi autos and carbines. It doesn't matter what it's capabilities are all you can see on the 10 second clip is some dickhead dumping a magazine as fast as possible and to the ignorant that looks full auto. Only veteran shooters can hear the difference in rate of fire especially when they don't show an actual full auto next to it. I imagine its a hoot at a camping trip but is it worth all the attention it draws and the damage it can cause, and I don't mean the actual device, I'd be surprised if you could get more than 10% hits with it, what I mean by damage is the damage to our reputation as lawful, responsible, good guys.
My big fat .02

I have fired both an AR and an AK with slidefires installed (both belonged to a friend).
Neither was capable of accurate fire due to the necessary method in holding the thing to make it work.
The things won't work as intended if you follow the fundamentals of shooting.
If you just want to burn up a bunch of ammo and smoke your barrel, then they are the shit.
But don't think for a minute that you are holding an effective weapon in your hands...
Just my impressions, for what that's worth.

They already are DiFi loves talking about how they turn Semi's into full Autos. They are even bringing up in IL in their AWB proposed bill. I agree I wish they didn't exist because they do us no favors.

Last edited:
Could be pretty effective as a suppression weapon. Get a beater AK/AR and keep it in the closet. Another tool in the toolbox. (Even if its so called inaccurate) and frowned upon.

Everyone knows a (That Guy) who can be used as cannon fodder,lol.

Soon to be illegal

I have seen them in action and other than being expensive for what they are, they work great. That said, I know as a fact that the DOJ is working on the language for this. From what I understand it will be something like, "Any device or contrivance which increases the cyclic rate of fire of a semi-auto firearm..." It is my guess that they will be made illegal within the next few months.

I had an m16 in USMC, then used to own a registered one until I sold it. with practice I can fire aimed shots as fast as I want with a semi auto. I can unload 30 rounds in about 3-3.5 seconds according to my shot timer. In a rifle stage the requirement was to cut a piece off of 1x2 at about 15 yards as fast as possible. It shocked me how fast guys who had not worked on long strings of aimed fire could do the job.

Jeff Cooper was right...I just don't need a select fire weapon. Still want one though. Most of the use my last one got was other people wanting to burn through my ammo.

I look down on them, but I am biased, being that I have the real deal.

Last edited:
They are a cool invention but not very practical. Expensive for the actual product you put in your hands, however the price is reasonable for the idea. After all that is what you are paying for, the idea or intellectual property.

With a new family, mortgage, and college loan bills I can't justify the price of a class 3 lower right now. Yes 350 is a lot of money for some plastic but the company had to recoup the costs of development and the legal opstacles. I like mine. The rate of fire might be a little slower but who cares. I run the stock on a heavy barrel bushy and it does just fine. For now the slide stock will do until I can afford the real deal.

I have seen them in action and other than being expensive for what they are, they work great. That said, I know as a fact that the DOJ is working on the language for this. From what I understand it will be something like, "Any device or contrivance which increases the cyclic rate of fire of a semi-auto firearm..." It is my guess that they will be made illegal within the next few months.

So they are going to outlaw triggers and fingers too? Lol

Rate of fire of slide fire will be faster with a semi auto carrier and a carbine buffer. With these mods, the rate of fire will be close to a real deal M16. Even with H buffer and full auto carrier, that extra half second to do a 30 round mag dump will not be missed.

I have shot plenty of full autos. To me the Slide Fire is just as good once you get the technique down.

Also you can make your own Slide Fire using much better Mapul Furniture. There is some slick set ups on AR15.com

a buddy of mine has one and it makes your gun so uncomfortable to shoot i couldnt stand it i saw they changed them a few months back so they didnt look so gay

Um, no slide fire is no where near close to full auto. Sorry buddy but that's crap.

On a 30 round mag dump it is. If a real M16 is faster, it is only slightly faster. Semi auto carrier and carbine buffer will make slide fire even faster. But really, who cares when you are talking fraction of a second for a mag dump.

Here is a guy that dumped 100 rounds in 7 seconds, which is about 850 rounds per minute.
Mr5point56 slide fire 100rnd mag dump!! woot! - YouTube

Real deal M16s and M4s are officially listed at 700-950 rounds per minute.

Yup. As someone who dropped serious coin on FA, I'd rather this stuff NOT be on gun banners radar.

Yup. As someone who dropped serious coin on FA, I'd rather this stuff NOT be on gun banners radar.

If you already have one than what are you worried about? The slide fire is a great product, combined with my link upper it is an affordable and fun alternative to a real SAW or select fire AR. One day when the kids are out of the house, Ill have a selec fire and my slide stock :)

They're great if you like wasting ammo and not hitting anything with any sort of accuracy...

And paying a lot for the crappy plastic stock to to it with. My local range master just banned the damn things. Good riddance. To put it mildly the average individual coming to the range with these was not what you would call competent. Rounds were not all landing in the berm. Would I be in favor of banning them? I'm not in favor of giving the Liberals an inch for free. If they want more background checks they can trade easy silencer access for it. A stupid ban for one that at least makes some sense. If they want to ban slide fires they can trade easy SBR access. Tit for tat not free tits.

And paying a lot for the crappy plastic stock to to it with. My local range master just banned the damn things. Good riddance. To put it mildly the average individual coming to the range with these was not what you would call competent. Rounds were not all landing in the berm. Would I be in favor of banning them? I'm not in favor of giving the Liberals an inch for free. If they want more background checks they can trade easy silencer access for it. A stupid ban for one that at least makes some sense. If they want to ban slide fires they can trade easy SBR access. Tit for tat not free tits.

let me guess.. you are one of the cool kids that are very competent and the few that should be allowed to own them?

Full auto by nature is not very accurate, takes technique to be accurate. The awesome part about the slide fire is it forces you good technique. By putting pressure on the front end, the slide fire forces you to keep the muzzle down.

let me guess.. you are one of the cool kids that are very competent and the few that should be allowed to own them?

Full auto by nature is not very accurate, takes technique to be accurate. The awesome part about the slide fire is it forces you good technique. By putting pressure on the front end, the slide fire forces you to keep the muzzle down.

Some of us remember your last video with an increased fire rate. You hit the berm more than you hit the target Eric. And if your technique is flawed with a regular stock then putting a slide fire on isn't going to make a difference. Now reply with your normal "Trapped... cool kids... operator... blah blah blah" usual rhetoric.

Some of us remember your last video with an increased fire rate. You hit the berm more than you hit the target Eric. And if your technique is flawed with a regular stock then putting a slide fire on isn't going to make a difference. Now reply with your normal "Trapped... cool kids... operator... blah blah blah" usual rhetoric.

shooting is easy when standing still, running towards the target while shooting is hard!.. and fun. Slide Fire is fairly accurate standing still.

shooting is easy when standing still, running towards the target while shooting is hard!.. and fun. Slide Fire is fairly accurate standing still.

I can't disagree on the moving part. I still think the slide fire is inherently inaccurate and a waste of ammo. Most people who have one are simply looking for a loophole to get an automatic without paying the price or waiting period.

I can't disagree on the moving part. I still think the slide fire is inherently inaccurate and a waste of ammo. Most people who have one are simply looking for a loophole to get an automatic without paying the price or waiting period.

I don't mind the waiting period, it's the price that sucks. No way I am going to pay $15,000 just for the right to burn money (aka blast ammo). Slide Fire is a pretty awesome alternative, been using mine for about 3000 rounds, burned up all my stash of steel case ammo. Once you use it enough, it becomes natural, and to me just as good as full auto. Don't think I do not know full auto, shot them plenty of times as a Civilian and in the Army. Was also issued a M249 SAW while I was in the Gulf.

You can make your own slide fire using Magpul furniture that will be cheaper, and most importantly look better, plenty of sources on the web you can site. There is a dedicated thread to it on AR15.com.

I don't mind the waiting period, it's the price that sucks. No way I am going to pay $15,000 just for the right to burn money (aka blast ammo). Slide Fire is a pretty awesome alternative, been using mine for about 3000 rounds, burned up all my stash of steel case ammo. Once you use it enough, it becomes natural, and to me just as good as full auto. Don't think I do not know full auto, shot them plenty of times as a Civilian and in the Army. Was also issued a M249 SAW while I was in the Gulf.

You can make your own slide fire using Magpul furniture that will be cheaper, and most importantly look better, plenty of sources on the web you can site. There is a dedicated thread to it on AR15.com.

I never said you didn't know full auto Eric. And I said "paying the price" ergo the cost...

If you already have one than what are you worried about?

What am I worried about.....lets see....I'm worried these little pogue pretenders with their plastocrap will get the gun banners attention in trying to get around NFA law, and then then gun banners will start looking at my full auto too.

Is that clearer?

I love this board but some of you are a bunch of blow hard elitistss, tin foil hat wearing snobs. One im not a POG (person other than grunt). Two you spelt it wrong. Three I've shot more foreign and American fa hardware than you could ever have a wet dream about. I shoot what ever my beloved corps has on a daily basis. I'll continue to be a POG with my slide stock, spend money on ammo and my family. So got take your elitist ways and coward in the corner while you hope no one realises that there legal to own full autos out there. Is that clear? TOOL!

PS
Nice quote you hypocrite!
"The internet is the best place to get loud, strong, confident opinions from people who have no idea what they are talking about. You'd think it were a gov't organization, or something. "

Well of course I'm one of the cool kids. Couldn't you tell.

As to whether I should be "allowed" to own one, I don't want one. I don't really care who owns them, and I certainly don't care much for those folks who like to decide who is allowed to own what. All that being said, I'm quite happy not having individuals sporting these half baked plastastic bullet sprayers shooting at the line next to me. And yes, I do look down on this product and I do question the judgement of those who would really want one. They land squarely in the lets go throw some bullets in the general direction of a target and be happy when one occasionally lands there crowd. People whose nice expensive shoot and see targets I often pull out of the garbage to use myself when they are done because they don't have any rounds within 3 inches of the center and besides that they haven't used any of the little pasty dots. I often think that a lot of folks shoot a gun just to feel the recoil and brag about it to their friends. Fair enough so long as the bullet ends up in the berm where it is supposed to even if I do think it is stupid.

I have been blessed to have an experienced, competent, and vigilant range master at local range I most often frequent whom I don't always agree with but does always keep me safe. I don't think that kicking these things out was one of the tougher calls for him. Before you scream discrimination against those not wealthy enough to drop dough for a registered lower, full auto is not allowed at that range either. Not a very good idea on a 100 yard range with a fairly low berm.

I like how you think.... Tax stamps for suppressors is ridiculous... They should be readily accessible for hearing protection.... But people hear silencer and think they are as quite like the movies portray.

I love this board but some of you are a bunch of blow hard elitistss, tin foil hat wearing snobs. One im not a POG (person other than grunt). Two you spelt it wrong. Three I've shot more foreign and American fa hardware than you could ever have a wet dream about. I shoot what ever my beloved corps has on a daily basis. I'll continue to be a POG with my slide stock, spend money on ammo and my family. So got take your elitist ways and coward in the corner while you hope no one realises that there legal to own full autos out there. Is that clear? TOOL!

PS
"The internet is the best place to get loud, strong, confident opinions from people who have no idea what they are talking about. You'd think it were a gov't organization, or something. "

You asked me what I was worried about, so I told you. Which you in no way addressed. Thanx for missing the point. Just like your plastocrap misses the target.

HINT: Don't ding a guy for an acronym when you omit punctuation and capitalization (" im" for "I'm"), when you misspell "realizes," misuse "coward" for "cower", misuse "there" for "they're" etc.

Shoot, you even misspelled "spelt." All in a single post.

And it turns out you are wrong about "pogue" too. Pogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pogue

Thanx for proving the sub MOA accuracy of my quote below. :) All while having zero knowledge of what FA I have access to.

You are right about one thing - I am a gun snob. I'd rather have one quality gun than three crappy ones. :)

Last edited:

The awesome part about the slide fire is it forces you good technique. By putting pressure on the front end, the slide fire forces you to keep the muzzle down.

Where did you learn "good technique" from?

"Good" technique involves using the forward hand to pull the rifle into your shoulder while your firing hand remains relaxed to manipulate the trigger. NOT the forward hand pulling the gun AWAY from your shoulder. This correct technique can be used with FA firearms, but is impossible with plastocrap substitutes.

Last edited:
Well of course I'm one of the cool kids. Couldn't you tell.

As to whether I should be "allowed" to own one, I don't want one. I don't really care who owns them, and I certainly don't care much for those folks who like to decide who is allowed to own what. All that being said, I'm quite happy not having individuals sporting these half baked plastastic bullet sprayers shooting at the line next to me. And yes, I do look down on this product and I do question the judgement of those who would really want one. They land squarely in the lets go throw some bullets in the general direction of a target and be happy when one occasionally lands there crowd. People whose nice expensive shoot and see targets I often pull out of the garbage to use myself when they are done because they don't have any rounds within 3 inches of the center and besides that they haven't used any of the little pasty dots. I often think that a lot of folks shoot a gun just to feel the recoil and brag about it to their friends. Fair enough so long as the bullet ends up in the berm where it is supposed to even if I do think it is stupid.

I have been blessed to have an experienced, competent, and vigilant range master at local range I most often frequent whom I don't always agree with but does always keep me safe. I don't think that kicking these things out was one of the tougher calls for him. Before you scream discrimination against those not wealthy enough to drop dough for a registered lower, full auto is not allowed at that range either. Not a very good idea on a 100 yard range with a fairly low berm.

What are these "range masters" you speak of?

PS

yeah they can own Machine guns but we should not be allowed to own slide fires. I get it now.

"Good" technique involves using the forward hand to pull the rifle into your shoulder while your firing hand remains relaxed to manipulate the trigger. NOT the forward hand pulling the gun AWAY from your shoulder. This correct technique can be used with FA firearms, but is impossible with plastocrap substitutes.

You can pull the trigger for a full auto gun and you will always get full auto, works without good technique. With slide fire, the technique to bump fire actually also helps with accuracy.

I'm sorry I thought I was on a gun forum not the English forum. I guarantee I have more "high quality"guns than you do but I digress. Your a blow hard plain and simple. And it is P.O.G. but you probably never spent a day of your life in the military which is why you feel the need to spend 10,000+ on fa. Anyway your wrong I'm right have a nice day you nut job. And yes slide fire stocks for all!

I'm sorry I thought I was on a gun forum not the English forum. I guarantee I have more "high quality"guns than you do but I digress. Your a blow hard plain and simple. And it is P.O.G. but you probably never spent a day of your life in the military which is why you feel the need to spend 10,000+ on fa. Anyway your wrong I'm right have a nice day you nut job. And yes slide fire stocks for all!

If I was President, instead of Free Health Care for all, I would instead give Free Slide Fires for all.