• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sliding bipod rail adapter

Xterminator

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2007
Sainte-Sabine Qc Ca
Thought you guys might like to see my latest project.

I'm a PRS competitor and field shooter, I often found myself frustrated by not having the right footprint (distance between bipod and rear bag) for every situation, wedther it's prone or from the top of a barrel I could never get optimum footprint.

I tried with a picatiny rail and quick release bipod adapter but was not totally satisfied, in a PRS stage when you have multiple barricades it took to much time to unlock the bipod and their was always a risk to drop the bipod on the ground so I had to think about something else

After much though I decided to go with a sliding system, I bought the buttpad adjustment from Cadex and took a few hours to work some magic

Now I can adjust the footprint in less then 2 seconds with no risk of dropping the bipod, just open the clamp, slide the bipod, close the clamp and voila! Optimum footprint

So. I'm unfamiliar with the adapter you mentioned. It looks to me like you have 2 butt plates hooked bottom to bottom underneath. Then one adapter peice that is originally meant to be the padding against the shoulder, and hook to a rear monopod or something?

Gotten to shoot it yet? I'm curious what the travel is with each shot. Does the siding rail have little teeth underneath it hooks into, or is it smooth surface gripped to smooth surface?

I bought a Stockade stock used with a Freeland rail installed in the forend. I had to buy an adapter with a piece of pic rail to mount my Atlas. That would work, but you'd have to fab a QR of some kind as the adapter locks in place with set screws.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk