• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sling?: AI, TAB, TIS

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
I'm looking for a sling for my AICS and am looking at the following three. Which one would you recommend and why?

Accuracy International http://www.accuracyinternational.com/accessories_list.php#10

TAB
http://www.riflesonly.com/store/TAB/sling.html

TIS
http://www.tacticalintervention.com/

I don't know much about the AI sling but like the HK hooks. The TAB looks like a nice sling and has a lot of nice features. I like the way the hook attachment points lay flat against the rifle.

The quick cuff design of the TIS is very interesting but am not entirely sure of how it works. I'm used to shooting with Turner comp slings, I might just get a all weather version.

Re: Sling?: AI, TAB, TIS

Someone's feelings are going to get hurt in this thread, I think.

Most of the guys here have already posted their opinions on every sling under the sun, especially the TAB and TIS. Most will also tell you that you can't go wrong with any of the ones you mentioned. Personally, I like to keep it simple. But that's because I only us a sling as a carry strap, not as a shooting aid.

Search is your friend. Good luck.

I think I'm correct in saying that you can spec HK hooks on any of the slings you mention?

And that the AI sling is the only one that has the non-slip rubber in the arm loop?

I've got a TAB sling but tend to use it more as a carry sling than a shooting aid on my AI as, whilst I am sure it is possible to do otherwise, my AW is not a rifle I would choose to shoot in anything other than a prone position with a bipod, tripod or bag.

slings are just another tool....get one that best aids you to get several tasks done

TAB custom made me a sling....its the shit !

TAB slings are the fastest and easiest to get in and out of, and I find the most comfortable out of the TIS, 1903, and TAB that I own, I have no experience with AI slings

I've got all three of the slings you've mentioned, and I like them all. I've used them on the shooting ranges, in Sniper competitions and for hunting and each works just fine. It may just come down to getting one you like the look of ! If I had to criticise anything on these slings it's that the HK hooks can make a noise at times. Nothing serious, but worth bearing in mind if you need to be as quiet as possible.

TAB or TIS - you can't go wrong. Both are much faster an easier to use than the Turner Highpower/Military slings.
Just my $.02....worth everything you paid for it!
J

Ask around and take your pick.

I like the TAB, but I'm very biased in that regard.

what about the vtac rifle sling with arm cuff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.A.T.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about the vtac rifle sling with arm cuff? </div></div>

That looks like an interesting sling as well. I like the quick detach hook on the cuff, it's the same one that's on my Magpul MS2.

I guess what it's boiling down to is quick cuff or not...

Only have experience with the TIS. I got used to it fast -- easy and quick to sling up tight. The more I use it, the happier I am. Edited to add: I'm sure all mentioned are well made, and the stitching and manufacture on the TIS are first rate.

fwiw,
TAB Elites and I received no special pricing. I do have 2 New in Package TIS quick cuffs available $20 under retail if you buy two... I am cleaning up. This has little to do with the utility of sling. Aside from noting what is sold and what is kept fwiw....

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

If you can't decide, buy both and resell the one you like the least. You'll probably lose $10 on the deal but you'll end up with the right sling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slings are just another tool....get one that best aids you to get several tasks done

TAB custom made me a sling....its the shit ! </div></div>

Amen on that.

I've had Tony's and Mike's slings, and I prefer TAB of the two. IF the TAB sling had the ability to be "sucked up" and stow tight to the rifle it would be perfect!!!

I personally run GI M1 web slings with flushcups. When I'm not slung up it stows tight to the side of my rifle.
Personally I'd rather have to take a moment to change a sling to carry strap that to have it catch on things when I'm moving shot to shot.....one time is all it took for me in that respect.

Had TIS, now I shoot TAB. I won't be going back to TIS, I didn't really like to quick cuff.

It's just a sling, all listed will do the job fine. I prefer TAB because of the quality of person making the sling...

I have both and they work well. The downside to the TIS is I misplaced the cuff a couple times and the velcro stuck to everything. With that said, it still is a rockin' design.

I run the TAB on my main comp stick. It's really really nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The downside to the TIS is I misplaced the cuff</div></div>

TIS does offer a cuffless sling as well. It's called the Slip Cuff.

This topic has been hashed over and over.

Tell you what.... I will bet $1000 that I can utilize a loop sling with a TAB Gear Sling faster than anyone else with a TIS or a Turner. The sling must be in a carry mode to start and fire accurate shots using a loop sling.

No slight of TIS...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt in Virginia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fwiw,
TAB Elites and I received no special pricing. I do have 2 New in Package TIS quick cuffs available $20 under retail if you buy two... I am cleaning up. This has little to do with the utility of sling. Aside from noting what is sold and what is kept fwiw....

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270 </div></div>

Gentlemen,
It was suggested by some that the above post inferred some dislike or slight of TIS Quick Cuff Slings and/or Mike Miller. Nothing could be further from the truth. As said above I am trying to streamline my gear and I prefer the TAB Elite over the TIS Quick Cuff. That said I have two new TIS AI Quick Cuffs available for $20 less than they sell for direct from Mike.

I've read that original post about 15 times and damned if I pick up anything but that I prefer one over the other, have both, and need only one... Dunno.

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDXGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAB or TIS - you can't go wrong. Both are much faster an easier to use than the Turner Highpower/Military slings.
</div></div>

That's why I like the M1 web slings-much faster and easier than a 1907 style (Turner and such). I run mine backwards, so the clamp is used for loop and length adjustment, and the loop keeper maintains the "slung up" length.