• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sling attachment question

SugarBooger

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
slo-maha
Okay, so I just ordered a McRee chassis that comes with multiple flush cup attachment points. I have a TAB gear sling that has standard sling mounts. Is there any adapter that can join the two? Or am I buying another sling?

Re: Sling attachment question

You may have the wrong sling version. From the TAB sling description, seems you have the heavy duty version and need the flush cup version.

TAB Rifle Sling with Flush Cups - Black
A simple more economical solution than the RBS, and EBS slings. You have the same shoulder straps as the more expensive biathlon slings. You don’t have the capabilities of positional shooting with this sling. The SBS is made for the shooter who has no intention of doing any positional shooting yet needs to be able to comfortably carry a heavy weapon for extended periods of time.

Heavy duty 1 ½" webbing, the same webbing we use in all of our rifle slings
1 ½" Fastex buckles
Shoulder straps are constructed of 1000 Denier Cordura, closed cell foam, and are separated to prevent neck pinching
User adaptability, shooter can change out swivels to fit different weapon systems
Weapon is supported by both shoulders, instead of one, which means less shooter fatigue after long periods of travel
Weapon is centered on the back for better balance when using two hands for other tasks such as carrying a primary weapon, or navigating steep terrain
Available with heavy duty swivel, HK hook, or flush cup swivel attachments

You can get an adapter that will allow you to use standard sling swivel studs with a flush cup.

GroveTec makes one called the GT Multi-Adapter Swivel Stud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get an adapter that will allow you to use standard sling swivel studs with a flush cup.

GroveTec makes one called the GT Multi-Adapter Swivel Stud. </div></div>

+1. i have a quick cuff sling, purchased before i installed flush cups. i use the grovetec adaptors he's describing and they work great. easy and cheap solution.

-Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GroveTec makes one called the GT Multi-Adapter Swivel Stud. </div></div>

I use these as well. I only have flush cups installed, so when I use a Harris I pop on of these in. They work great. You may want to add some Loctite to it depending on how much it will be used. You'll see what I mean if you buy them.