• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sling help

JCCinOhio

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2014
I'm starting to get in to coyote hunting and my 1" basic sling is a PITA on long treks. What do you all recommend? I'll either be toting a 308 gasser with suppressor and all, or a 223 gasser. First though was the TAB gear bi-athalon sling, how is that, and what else is good. Thanks!

Don't necessarily need it for shooting as I have a decent tripod, just for carrying.. not really trained on using a sling for stability in shooting..

Last edited:
My new do it all sling is the tab gear sling. I love it. No experience with the biathlon sling but if it's anywhere near the quality of mine I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

I really like the armageddon gear carbine sling from larue tactical. The built in bungee really helped yesterday hiking 7 miles hunting coyotes.

I use the Tab Gear PRS slings and love them for match use. I think the biathlon would be a bit much for a hunting only rifle. A sling with too many buckles on it will be noisy. Keep it simple.