• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sling Options for Tacmod chassis?

Daps!

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2010
Lacey, WA
I have a tacmod chassis and I want to run a sling but can't figure out what kind. The front has picatinney rails so attachment there is no biggie but I'm not sure how to attach a sling back on the butt stock. I've always ran AICS and used hk style hooks before this. Any suggestions?

Re: Sling Options for Tacmod chassis?

Good question. I searched around and couldn't come up with a single picture of the chassis with a sling attached. The write up on the Tacmod website says its compatible with all sling system. Maybe give them a call and ask how to attach a sling to the buttstock end.

You can attach a picatinny rail section to any part of the forend and then attach a push button swivel (ie Daniel Defense Rail Mount QD). You then can attach a quick detachable push button swivel (Grovtec etc) to the hole located at the back of the chassis where the hinge of the stock folds. There is a hole for this on both the left and right side. The row of holes on the bottom of the rear folding portion of the stock will accept a push button swivel sling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can attach a picatinny rail section to any part of the forend and then attach a push button swivel (ie Daniel Defense Rail Mount QD). You then can attach a quick detachable push button swivel (Grovtec etc) to the hole located at the back of the chassis where the hinge of the stock folds. There is a hole for this on both the left and right side. The row of holes on the bottom of the rear folding portion of the stock will accept a push button swivel sling. </div></div>

+1

I run the DD QD on mine, works like a champ.

You can get rail adapters for AI type hooks, Flush Cup Swivels or standard QD stud swivels. Triad Tactical carries them all.

On my ARs I run a Hook up front and a Flush Cup at rear of Receiver so I can un snap from front and turn sling into single point type for vehicle use by snapping into side of flush cup

On yours I would run a Flush Cup on front

Yep, there are machined-in QD cups right in front of the stock hinge AND on the bottom of the buttstock, right where it would ride a rear bag. Add a qd cup to the forend using a VTac backplate or a pic rail mount and you are good to go.