• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sling recommendations?

GreenBlood10

Lead Farmer
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2012
Spring Grove, Pa
We had a couple of threads over on Scout with recommendations on slings. What sling are you currently using? What do you recommend for someone in the market for a new sling? I've been looking at options from Armageddon Gear and Rifles Only for a new match sling.

I have a couple of the rifles only bungee slings and really like them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like (and sell) the simple SS Loophole sling (and the new enhanced version) from Shadow Tech (the guy that makes the Hog saddle). Its inexpensive, simple doesn't have a cuff (since I never use one anymore), and just works well. Not heavy metal buckles, no bungees etc. You can buy one here:

https://www.bisontactical.com/produc...loophole-sling
It costs all of $39 - one of the best values to be had in precision rifle gear ;-)

Here is the enhanced model (two buckles instead of one):

I have used a Rifles Only Sling, USGI Sling (old school cuff sling), the Tactical Interventions Quick cuff (which I like for a cuffed sling) and bunch of others, but I really like the simplicity of the SS Loophole.

I haven't tried Tom's sling (Armageddon gear) but he makes good stuff, and Tony also makes some great slings (I have used the Biathlon sling - which I like if you want a two shoulder sling).

Just started playing with the rifles only carbine bungee, seems to work pretty well for something so simple... Wish I had thought of it

I believe that Rifles Only has a couple of slings that are not marketed on their website. I cant remember the user that posted about the "simple sling" he requested from RO but it sounded interesting.

I like (and sell) the simple SS Loophole sling (and the new enhanced version) from Shadow Tech (the guy that makes the Hog saddle). Its inexpensive, simple doesn't have a cuff (since I never use one anymore), and just works well. Not heavy metal buckles, no bungees etc. You can buy one here:

It costs all of $39 - one of the best values to be had in precision rifle gear ;-)

I have used a Rifles Only Sling, USGI Sling (old school cuff sling), the Tactical Interventions Quick cuff (which I like for a cuffed sling) and bunch of others, but I really like the simplicity of the SS Loophole.

I haven't tried Tom's sling (Armageddon gear) but he makes good stuff, and Tony also makes some great slings (I have used the Biathlon sling - which I like if you want a two shoulder sling).

Since I obviously get my gear here too, I'm pretty fond of the Enhanced SS Loophole sling, easily worth the $10 more over the original.

Big fan of the SS Loophole Sling, though I didn't realize that there was an enhanced version. I'm going to have jump on that real quick.

I have a Tab, Armageddon (bungee) & just purchased the Rifles Only Bungee all are great slings. The Tab you could use to pick up a truck, The Armageddon is nice & long, but I have been using the Rifles Only. I like the quick adjustment tabs & the quick release is great with a pack on moving stage to stage, it could be about 2" longer. The bungee slings make your rifle seem lighter.

Another vote for Armageddon. Lightweight (more so than most) and does everything you need. I use them for competition and hunting.

+1 on the Rifles Only bungee sling. For those of you who haven't handled one, the bungee section is a very heavy duty, very strong bungee. The cam buckles allow you to quickly adjust the tension to use as a hasty sling or use as a loop sling.
im sure there are other great slings out there but I'd buy this one again.

What are you using it for? PRS style shooting I.e want an arm cuff, or to use with a gas gun? If it's for an AR, I personally like the padded VTac. If your using it for PRS type shooting I would listen to the guys above

For those using the Rifles Only Carbine Sling. Are you using it on your bolt gun and carbine? If so, how do you like it compared to the full size version?

I'm using mine on a bolt gun. I believe the carbine sling is nearly identical except for the arm cuff. So if you don't think you'll need or want the option of using the cuff the carbine sling would be a good/cheaper option

How many are using the loop? I ask because it sounds like many if not most don't "sling up". I was just curious what is needed in a good sling?

Here I am pretending I know what I am doing with the Armageddon Gear sling. If you are shooting Precision Rifle, I think having the option of an arm loop is a must. It makes sitting and kneeling a whole hell of a lot better.

+1 for the TAB Gear PRS. It's a great sling and will definitely last a lifetime.

After reading this thread, I ordered and received my ss enhanced sling today. I look forward to trying it out as soon as I can.

I'm using Vickers slings for AR and precision rifles. They just updated the site to a "sling builder" to customize them any way you want.