• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smash or pass?

Simply advancing forward at a slow but steady pace is going to accomplish the task. No need to get overly aggressive; just proceed at a walking pace. They will either move or get moved. Doing some stupid teenager shit like dropping the clutch and going WOT is a great way to get into a nasty legal mess. No need to try and hurt the protester; put the decision in their hands and hope that self-preservation instinct kicks in. And get out of there before your vehicle gets surrounded.

I've seen my old man use oven spray to remove paint. I wouldn't want to use it near my own vehicle, except as a last resort. Also, have fun explaining that particular choice in front of a jury.

20-something white women are scary in a protest/riot situation. Just look at all the videos and mug shots from the past few weeks. The term "irrational" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Advancing at slow steady pace seems to be getting people shot. I think ,as lawyers[ :ROFLMAO: ], we all know that should give people reason to fear for their safety, if stopped or forced to drive slowly by a mob.

With that Ferrari the protestors could just jump over. Just make sure to have a metal pole in the center to nut punch the badtard as he goes over

1593553251300.jpeg

1593553289966.jpeg

1593553359463.jpeg

I gotta admit, I'm of 2 minds about this.

On the one hand, any vehicle worth owning should be able to idle over any reasonable speed bumps.

On the other hand, this CHAZ thing has been going on for a while now. You drove in there. You knew it was there. You drove in there BECAUSE you knew it was there. You've created an externality, sort of like a "swoop and squat" accident. Sure, the protestor is in your way, but he wouldn't be if you had avoided the area you knew was full of protestors. Sure the guy behind you rear ended you, but he did so because you cut him off and then slammed on your brakes. Same same.

So Joe and Jane Blow, who live under a rock with their kids, driving through a protest they didn't know was there because they don't own a TV, or a radio, or a computer, and don't subscribe to a news paper, or any sort of periodical, and don't talk to anyone that has or does any of those things? Idle on through.

Media people, there because they gotta be there for the biggerest news scoop of the day? You stuck. Enjoy.

Ive had some spray back and it was pretty irritating, i have also been pepper sprayed and had a minimal response. But the pepper spray was cheap shit, although everyone around me was on the ground rolling.

On the one hand, any vehicle worth owning should be able to idle over any reasonable speed bumps.

On the other hand, this CHAZ thing has been going on for a while now. You drove in there. You knew it was there. You drove in there BECAUSE you knew it was there. You've created an externality, sort of like a "swoop and squat" accident. Sure, the protestor is in your way, but he wouldn't be if you had avoided the area you knew was full of protestors. Sure the guy behind you rear ended you, but he did so because you cut him off and then slammed on your brakes. Same same.

So Joe and Jane Blow, who live under a rock with their kids, driving through a protest they didn't know was there because they don't own a TV, or a radio, or a computer, and don't subscribe to a news paper, or any sort of periodical, and don't talk to anyone that has or does any of those things? Idle on through.

Media people, there because they gotta be there for the biggerest news scoop of the day? You stuck. Enjoy.

But this kind of stuff happens everywhere. You've seen the videos of Antifa blocking highways and streets in the cities. This particular incident is true, they drove into it, but for the others, it's self preservation. I've seen too many videos where the driver has been pulled from their vehicle and beaten by an angry mob. I won't let that happen to me or my family.

The wife always asks why we don't take her car when we go out. We always take my 4wd truck. I've never told her the real reason, but this kinda incident is exactly why the truck is taken for most trips.

AND.....That's why I have a "Buck Bumper", on the front of my diesel p/u. In Wisconsin, we are trained to drive "Defensively", it doesn't matter, if it's a four legged fat fury F'r, or a two legged fat F'r. Just say'n. Mac;);)

But this kind of stuff happens everywhere. You've seen the videos of Antifa blocking highways and streets in the cities. This particular incident is true, they drove into it, but for the others, it's self preservation. I've seen too many videos where the driver has been pulled from their vehicle and beaten by an angry mob. I won't let that happen to me or my family.

The wife always asks why we don't take her car when we go out. We always take my 4wd truck. I've never told her the real reason, but this kinda incident is exactly why the truck is taken for most trips.
We take the truck out now. Wife's car doesn't have enough ground clearance to clear soy boys. We still avoid Seattle...would need a jacked up monster truck's ground clearance to make it over some of the urban bulls down there.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
What you got man? I usually been more into bikes, grew up racing mx.. but my paps a mechanical engineer/auto mechanic as side job/hobby. LOL he only really works on diesels tho.
He took us to the drag strip all the time as a youngster tho, wish he'd get a race car.

Something like this, neighbor's ride..its a beast. ~960hp @ the crank

Mine is just a wimpy 5th-gen:

20160627_125501.jpg

Obviously, if the goal is to drive into a crowd, a Mustang would be a better choice.

The backstory shows that the crew put themselves in that situation (by trying to film in CHOP around the idiots). In that case they are pretty much screwed into having to put up with the harassing. I have a hunch but was probably a rental anyway.

Avoiding situations like that on purpose, I'd have a different reason to fear for my life, and a different reaction..."sah-mash".

That dude would be nothing but a speed bump to me.
So if I'm understanding. They were attempting to exercise freedom of the press on American soil.....but they put themselves in that situation?

So what happens when these fucktards are not just "there" but other places other than "there", which I might add is public space? What happens when they decide to plant their useless asses in every intersection? How about out in the suburbs and not just the city? How about they camp at the end of your driveway?

So if I'm understanding. They were attempting to exercise freedom of the press on American soil.....but they put themselves in that situation?

Not necessarily understanding in my opinion. While free to do so (thankfully) it's not always a great idea to put yourself in a situation where you are at the mercy of those with less restrictions on their moral compass...but that's just my opinion.

You are expecting radicalized people to behave and recognize your freedoms and beliefs. I have seen what truly unhinged people are capable of, and if given the opportunity, do not trust human nature. Did they get outside police help when they were in need??? Nope. Did they knowingly put themselves in that situation after having multiple examples of reporters being mobbed by angry nutjobs, but decided to go in the middle of it anyway??? Yep.

I understand that we will be at a disagreement over freedom vs. judgement. For the record; I'm not disagreeing with you on the press's right to be there...I'm stating that waltzing in and expecting to be treated fairly by a bunch of radicals was an exercise of poor judgment given the circumstances.