• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smoke Composites...any smoke signals?

AleksanderSuave

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2020
Detroit, MI
Anyone order from them recently and actually receive their product?

I was getting responses to questions before I placed my order. Once I paid a confirmation came in and they mentioned sending a shipping update in the last communication.

Its now been 2 weeks and they are no longer responding to emails or phone calls.

Hmm that doesn’t sound good. Maybe they’re just busy though like most of the industry right now?

I bought one of their stocks a couple weeks ago but not directly through them. The quality still appears to be everything I’d expect; assuming you get your order you should be happy about that part at least.

So here's what peeves me..

I originally contacted them because I found a store/reseller selling a 13.5" sized one.

According to their website (and their support), it was a non-standard size but they could price match and make it for me.

I said I didnt want to have them create a one off for me, and opted for the 15" (more expensive handguard) instead, as its an "off-the-shelf" size, and they offered me the competitive shooters discount to make it comparably priced.

If the standard sized item wasnt in stock, I would have ordered the 13.5" (the size I wanted to begin with). I tried to buy direct through Smoke because I figured my money was better spent supporting the actual company that makes it, rather than a reseller.

At this point, by trying to support them..I got nothing.

I can understand busy. Everywhere is busy. A simple heads up would have been appreciated or an ETA. Not responding to an email or phone 2 weeks after they charged for the purchase is pretty much a slap in the face at this point.

I've always had this strange feeling when I order from there. Ordered twice. Neither time had communication for shipping. It just showed up if I remember. But the quality is good. It looks like a one man show. Planning on ordering a buttstock in a few weeks.

Edit-Place reminds me of Aadland. Good product, zero communication. If you do get communication, you are lucky.

Last edited:
I can get all of that. One man show, increased demand, and I ordered based on the reputation of a good product..but honestly at this point I dont know how amazing the product has to be to ignore the fact that it seems like the company could give a shit less about my order or me as a customer.

Coda Evolution was my 2nd choice, and Im building another rifle soon, so at this point Im willing to try "second best" if it means they can do the bare minimum like send me an order update or tracking number.

As an update..about the time this was posted..my stock was shipped.

coincidentally, when I tried calling, my calls went straight to voicemail that day, instead of ringing through like normal. Glad to hear its shipping. Not crazy about being treated like a stepchild after though.

Reactions: loveha
no clue but the product I finally got was disappointing.

The barrel nut basically started chipping apart when being torqued down and the screw holes for the anti-rotation were stripped.