• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sneak peak at Whiskey-3 Chassis

Re: Sneak peak at Whiskey-3 Chassis

Did I read that right? You will have a W3C for the Badger M2008?

-pd

You read it correct. We cut a W3 for the M2008 (.308). It takes AW mags and looks sexy if you ask me. If the feedback from SHOT is good we will move forward on them.

-John

Do want...
smile.gif

-pd

Looks Awesome!!! Will the cheek piece feel comfortable for a left shooter like myself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SakoTRG FAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Awesome!!! Will the cheek piece feel comfortable for a left shooter like myself?</div></div>

I'm a left and have am shooting a prototype of this stock for the TRG and it is very nice. The cheek will be comfortable for you.

This stock in its final configuration is going to rock plain and simple. If the final product will be what I believe it will, I'll never have a standard fixed stock on a TRG again.

Sweet!!! Look forward to any hearing any news you might have in the future. Keep us posted!!!

Here's a pic for you poor souls who couldn't make it to SHOT! This one has the latest folding back end. We've been getting positive feedback so far. Note- the paint scheme is not production.

IMG_1627.jpg

Looks good! I have pointed a shooting buddy in your direction for a T3 chassis and he was very enthusiastic after he saw the pics on your homepage.

Hope to see it in production soon.

//Marcus

Another thing I noticed on the Barrett 98B folder that was really smart...

They fold the stock the OTHER way (on right side of rifle) and have a hole in the stock to go over the bolt knob.

Protects the bolt knob AND makes the package much narrower and more streamlined, also, since I am right handed, the stock is LOTS easier to fold and unfold since it is away from my body.

I have no idea why everyone folds the stock on the left, unless all the gun designers are left handed, or think you would ever actually run the rifle with the stock folded. It's probably just because everyone else does it.

The PSR solicitation dictacted a left folding stock. The Remington MSR was the first I saw to use that system, but it appears that it requires a double hinge to pull it off. I could be wrong. Regardless, one key thing here is that the chassis and the bolt of the rifle were designed at the same time. Look at the funny shape of the MSR bolt handle. Look at the placement of the LOP guide tubes. It's a system.

Any stock that is designed to fit a variety of rifles will have to fold to the left, unless the designers know ahead of time exactly which actions will go into the stock.

Furthermore, in the case of our stock, having a left side folder makes for a more comfortable grip for a right hand shooter, which is the vast majority. You can't tell from the pics, but we have a thumb shelf on the right side, and also there's no hinge pieces to get in the way. This makes the grip feel exactly the same for a right hand shooter as the grip on our fixed stock. Again, I believe this is why Rem had to do a dual hinge, to eliminate the large protrusion necessary for a 180 degree hinge.

You are correct that no designer likely expects a bolt gun to be fired from the folded position. Since this is the case, removing the bolt for more comfortable carry shouldn't be too big an issue for most shooters.

Justin

Are these going to be in production this year?

If so I may ditch my 700 project that I am starting now and go the Tikka Route. Theses will fit the T3?

Jasonk, I forgot to mention that the booth you see is Badger's booth. Marty kindly allowed us to display there. Of course we were very happy, had a great time, and met a bunch of good people! We also got good feedback on some stuff we can improve.

Hellbender, I forgot to mention above that we do like the idea of a right side folder. We're trying to see if we can work it somehow with the various actions.
Thanks,
Justin

Iggy, the first fixed Tikka T3 stocks should be out within a few weeks. We're taking pre-orders now, there's a couple spots left. No money required, just your name on the list. Thanks!
Justin

Actually if the the price for the folder is not too much over $1k count me in. Or if the conversion is straight forward from a fixed to folder I may do that.

Any pics of the fixed version? I think I have only seen the folder so far.

-pd

Iggy,
Folder is a little ways out still. The conversion though is pretty simple. The hardest part is punching out one 5/32 roll pin and then re-installing with different parts. Everything else is just screws.

PTD, the above pics are the fixed version, the one from the rear left on the orange table is the best angle so far. I'll see if I can get some of the actual T3 version instead of the Badger version.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Sure enough, it is the fixed. I didn't look to close at it before, but now I see it. I think I just assumed it was the folder from a quick glance. Thanks!

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg
</div></div>

Ahh, finally a suitable alternative to the AICS for the M2008. Put me on the list.

For you TRG-42 owners, why is this stock more desirable than the factory stock? What is the weight comparison of the two?

put me on the list for M2008 stock please

Sure! Can you pm me your contact info (name and preferred email) along with your preference of fixed or folder, or send it to info at krg-ops.com.
Thanks,
Justin

Will there be a Whiskey 3 available for a stiller tac338 action soon?

I got me one on order today, can't wait they said it will be shipped out friday. These things looks sweet!