• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Pistol

Re: Sniper Pistol

Great!
Pics! I want Pics!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ernie, went down to the shop today and BS'd with Al for a bit and picked up my gear I left down there. He says to tell ya that 250 ackley XP of his is printing sub .5 MOA groups and he's got it all up and rocking and he's very stoked! Hopefully he'll get it out this fall and smoke a deer with it!

Mike </div></div>

Tell Al I used the Seekins rings to mount a Razor HD on a Remington center-grip XP-100, chambered in 338 Lapua Improved (338 Allen Xpress or 338 AX).
Hope to be shooting it next week weather and schedule permitting.

I've enjoyed the hand-canons for both targets and hunting. I've had 7mm L&L in a Contender (7mm x444 imp.) which has taken a couple of blacktails and an antelope. Now I have an encore in .223 (with squirrels and coyotes to its credit), a .260 which I've hunted with, but unsuccesfully, and a .338 OTTR (.375 styer necked down). I had hoped to get out hunting with this rig, but finances have went down the tubes this last couple of years, probably end up selling all. Nevertheless, these are TOO MUCH FUN to shoot! I've shot the .338 with 250 SMK out to 600 meters! If I lived somewhere outside the people's republik of Kalifornia (someplace where residents can actually get tags where they live), I might not even have a hunting rifle.

I had Sako L-579 action made into a long range pistol in 6.5x47 Lapua. This pistol will shoot 155 grain Lapua Mega hunting bullets sub MOA at 100 yards. I was going to hunt with it this past deer season but suffered a severe sprained left ankle two days prior to opening day and couldn't hunt. I was gimped up on crutches the entire hunting season. PAT.

Pat,
What barrel length and MV are you getting with specialty pistol?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had Sako L-579 action made into a long range pistol in 6.5x47 Lapua. This pistol will shoot 155 grain Lapua Mega hunting bullets sub MOA at 100 yards. I was going to hunt with it this past deer season but suffered a severe sprained left ankle two days prior to opening day and couldn't hunt. I was gimped up on crutches the entire hunting season. PAT. </div></div>

Nice shooting Mr. Ernie. I've always enjoyed looking at your guns out at Mac's.

Too cute broski. Took that pic last summer...of course.

Here's an oddball. Siebert LER 24x conversion with 35% power booster (16-18x we think), with this TK Lee reticle on a 22 BR XP--

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

targets/praire dogs only!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is turning into a great post.
</div></div>

Yeah it is--just that it happens so infrequently on sites like this that aren't dedicated handgun sites. Gotta take advantage of it while it's still alive.

hey ernie great to see you on the hide.gentlemen ernies pistols are indeed very cool almost as cool as him.anyone in doubt about long range pistol shootin give a look at longrangehunting online mr.bishops p-dog shot are crazy.

Couple more LR rigs.
AR-15 handgun (Seekins Upper & Lower) and 7mm SAUM XP-100 built by Mac's Gunworks at International Tactical Riflemans Championship (I.T.R.C.).
IMG_4916.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'04 ITRC--the good ole' days-

img045.jpg
</div></div>

1 of those guys is a giant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know a source for the center grip XP trigger hangers? </div></div>
I have two different after market triggers on center grip xp's.
Here is one Mike Dewey triggers and there are some good youtube videos there on handgun silhouettes too.
Or contact Dell Taylor 1 801 566 2939, Dell is a long time pistol silhouette shooter and jeweler by trade.
Both can go down to 2 oz but that's a little light for me.

This thread sure is not what I expected. I've been searching for some jeep parts and haven't been on here for a while and this has become a great thread.

Anyone in WI that wants to try one out let me know and I can take you to my club or let you know when some silhouette matches are going on around the state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xphunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 6' 2"
Steve is just vertically challenged
wink.gif
</div></div>

Actually, i'm the giant and Ernie's the little guy.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xphunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 6' 2"
Steve is just vertically challenged
wink.gif
</div></div>

Actually, I'm the giant and Ernie's the little guy. </div></div>

Steve may have to look up to Ernie but he sure can pack out an antelope in the dark without getting out of breath and call coyotes without a call at the same time.
wink.gif

While were showing em here's mine. 7.21 Lazzeroni and 300 Dakota both smithed by Greg Tanel. The Lazz shoots 168gr Berger's 2850 and the 300 shoot's 185gr Berger's at 2900. [img:center]
DSC_0320.jpg
[/img]

Excellent looking rigs Kev.
Tannel always has done good work fo rme.

If you ever want help on the varied ways you can set it up , there are several of us who would be willing to help.
Always fun helping others spend their money.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Micah Hughes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as if i needed more shooting sports to get hooked on, haha might have to build one in .260 </div></div>
I lent my 260 Rem XP100R to the owner of LRH.com and Len got a couple of deer with it no problems. I put a scope on it for his hunt but I was using it for open site silhouette matches.
I prefer centergrip for silhouettes and rear grip guns for hunting.

BTW things are getting pretty green around here and I think it will peak on Thursday.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Micah Hughes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as if i needed more shooting sports to get hooked on, haha might have to build one in .260 </div></div>
This is my 260.
260XP-100RJPG.jpg

PurpleMarbleXP-100R-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xphunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7mm Rem Mag Imp in a MOA Maximum

IMG_5558.jpg
</div></div>

Epic WIN!!!!!!!!

Let me add a new horse to the stable:
To date I have put 25 rounds through it, from the prone position, with my typical one hand hold.
Lawton action, McRee stock, McGowen barrel, Lawton picatinny rail, Mac brake, Cerakote camo, Vortex Razor HD 5-20 Scope, Vortex Rings. All the work was done by Mac's Gunworks.
The cartridge is one of Dave Viers.
Take a 408 Chey-Tac and partially neck it down to .375 and make a false shoulder, fireform it and you have a 375 Snipe-Tac.
Jamison brass, 150 grains of H-50BMG, and a 370 grain Rocky Mountain bullet. What a cool combination. Also tried 155 grains but got some pressure there.

IMG_5652.jpg

223 Rem, 338 AX (338 Lapua Improved), 375 Snipe-Tac, 243 Winchester

IMG_5655.jpg

Eric did some more shooting yesterday @ 300 yards and this is a 3-shot group with 168 JLK's.
Measured .512 center to center.
7mm-WSM.jpg